Astral Stock Exchange not adding chips

For to fix what's broke, and improve what ain't. Or something thereabouts.

Moderator: Moderators

Olaf

Post by Olaf »

I always thought they were real chips, in addition to adding to your imaginary total.
But apparently I was wrong.
<==
Well, I've got a hat!
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I'm always surprised at this--I would have thought more people recognized it was a game. For instance, the part where they give you 1000 "ASX chips" for installing the software, and those chips are tallied separately in your journal rather than on the chips counter. Or the part where you're investing in silly, imaginary things in what's clearly a computer game. Such as the description of the software, that reads "This software allows you to play a very strange game called Astral Stock Exchange."

Also, I think I'm always careful to call them "ASX chips" every time, the way one might say "Monopoly Dollars."

Ah, well, I guess it's just gonna be one of bug report cliches.

Also, anyone who likes the idea of ASX should check out Hollywood Stock Exchange, at HSX.com.
Carygon Nijax

Post by Carygon Nijax »

I knew it!! ASH is HSX! god... now my life will be easier :P
Top 10 on the Total Post list
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

The whole concept of "investing in stars" that ties the two together seemed pretty heavy handed to me; at least for anyone who's ever seen HSX.
Hannahmaus

Post by Hannahmaus »

Tugriks already exist, they're real! I've not tried spending them in space though.