September's Items of the Month

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Ryme
Site Admin

September's Items of the Month

Post by Ryme »

We've got a little variety this month, so I figured it may be worth opening a topic.

1) Yes, I can count to 10. Yes, I'm aware I stopped at 9. I'm okay with that. There's nothing in the rules that says every month needs to be worth exactly 10 stars, and I'm staking a claim now that I will occasionally break the tradition. It probably won't happen often, and it probably won't vary by more than a couple of stars in either direction, but I like having that option.

2) There's some fun/fluff/flavor skills mixed in with real skills this month:

2a) The invisibility provided by the Ring of Fellowship is simply a chat effect. That effect has been around for a while in consumable form, but hasn't been well spaded, or has been kept mostly secret by those who have spaded it. I'm not explaining it any further than that, but didn't want anyone to buy thinking it was a combat effect.

2b) The battlecry provided by the shield is strictly flavor. Even with the note in the description, it may not be obvious, but there will be a spot in the account settings page to enter/edit your chosen battlecry. You only get it while wearing the shield, and only if you win initiative. (I don't know anyone who bothers to shout "charge!" while being completely surprised.)

3) The other boomerang in the game has been updated to have a bonus attack/turn, too. Anyone who maintains the wiki may wish to take note.
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

These are for sure the best items to come out so far this month.
<==
Well, I've got a hat!
Cristiona

Re: September's Items of the Month

Post by Cristiona »

Ryme wrote:3) The other boomerang in the game has been updated to have a bonus attack/turn, too. Anyone who maintains the wiki may wish to take note.
There's two other boomerangs in the game...
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Looking at it, and the change to the Boomerang, might it be an idea to make the King's +2 attacks/turn?
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Everything about it wins. The text too. :)

'Grats on an awesome job. Finally, 1 spare star! (when I get my 10. :( )
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Not everything can, or should, be the best thing in the universe. This month was more about flavor and fun effects that people have been wanting. That's also part of why it's only 9 stars for the lot.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

SpockYoda wrote:Did anyone else think the item descriptions were misleading? I mean, they all three say the 3% thing, but that is total, not each gives 3% HP.
Sorry. I asked the first 30 people in chat about that, and it seemed clear. Conversely, if I'd only put the bonus on one of the items, I think it would be a lot harder for people to catch on to what the set does, particularly once they're out of the store. If you've got alternative wording which could make it any clearer, I'm game.
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

+3% of weapon damage returned as HP when any two items from the set are worn.
+60 offense power (+5/level, max: +60) when the full set is worn.
(Set effects are only applied once).
Eh?
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

I don't think so. A zone-only IotM? That's pretty mean, at this point. Any negative effects?
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

You're the only one to report this, but if it's happening more than just one time as a fluke, it's a mistake.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Hmm. Actually looks like the bug is with the login page, which isn't recognizing the set. The game then subtracts those bonuses if you remove the set. I can fix it, but the fix will break everything for anyone playing, so I've got to wait until rollover to push the files.

Temporary fix: take off the set before logging off, so that when you log in and re-equip the items they'll be counted properly.

Sorry for any trouble caused.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

think that's a separate bug, actually. Haven't targeted it yet, but damage from that zone seems to change when you change gear, in weird ways. I'll be looking into that shortly, too.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

The LotR set ought to be working properly now.
malk-a-mite

Post by malk-a-mite »

Ryme wrote:The LotR set ought to be working properly now.
Now if only the DA bug would be fixed :-P