Minor interface tweak requests

For to fix what's broke, and improve what ain't. Or something thereabouts.

Moderator: Moderators

Satan

Re: Minor interface tweak requests

Post by Satan »

Harry Dresden wrote:I like seeing the pre-cap values, because it tells me how much gear I could change out or which buffs I don't need to keep pumping PP into.
Ditto
Leader of PFE league. If you wish to worship me, ask me about joining my secondary league Cult of Satan (the largest league in the game!).
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

Yeah, it displays the uncapped value for the reason Harry and Satan are supporting. It's just so you know if you're shooting past it.

Cheers!
Kinak
Satan

Post by Satan »

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but can we get comically oversized keys as free pulls? The only purpose they serve is assembly with gold foil for making keys to the city for prestige. Although I just noticed this has an autosell value of 500. Why is that? That seems like a large waste >.> Can we remove the autosell and make it free pull?
Leader of PFE league. If you wish to worship me, ask me about joining my secondary league Cult of Satan (the largest league in the game!).
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Removed autosell and recycling ability and made it a free pull.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Satan

Post by Satan »

Can we make it so that setting something for decryption automatically makes it start decrypting if you're running a computer with only 1 slot? Atleast twice now I've accidentally started adventuring for level 5 quest because I forget that it doesn't start running. Also, the notice could stand out a bit more.

EDIT: Or maybe just not have that section show up until you set decryption to run?
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Satan wrote:Can we make it so that setting something for decryption automatically makes it start decrypting if you're running a computer with only 1 slot? Atleast twice now I've accidentally started adventuring for level 5 quest because I forget that it doesn't start running. Also, the notice could stand out a bit more.

EDIT: Or maybe just not have that section show up until you set decryption to run?
I second this request! I had the same thing happen in my current run, and wasted several hours because I didn't notice the unencryption wasn't running.
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

Okay, the decryption dropdown now only appears if the decryptinomicon is running.

Cheers!
Kinak
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Can we have companions show up on character pages, along with sidekicks? Could help us know if we should buff someone with a companion skill/item.
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

Harry Dresden wrote:Can we have companions show up on character pages, along with sidekicks? Could help us know if we should buff someone with a companion skill/item.
I'd rather not. By the same logic, I'd also need to include what buffs each player has on, which I'd rather avoid.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure it just always gives the items (and has for a while). So whether they have a companion is largely moot.

Cheers!
Kinak
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

That being said, I'd kinda like it if we could see the companion. Could maybe get some fun/silly combinations.

And, using the slippery slope arguments, you're already showing the sidekick, might as well show the companion?
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

Cristiona wrote:That being said, I'd kinda like it if we could see the companion. Could maybe get some fun/silly combinations.
Alright, I deny your slippery slope argument, but I'll accept "because it's funny." If nothing else because I chuckled at "Bob and your kangaroo" so often during testing.

It should now display with the sidekick if the target has one active or on its own line if they don't.
Cristiona wrote:And, using the slippery slope arguments, you're already showing the sidekick, might as well show the companion?
You can take my slippery slope arguments, but you cannot take my freedom!

Cheers!
Kinak
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Hoyifung (no forum acct) is wondering if it would be possible to get a non-donation talisman with access to the Abandoned Chemistry Lab, or is that going to remain restricted to donation items?
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

Harry Dresden wrote:Hoyifung (no forum acct) is wondering if it would be possible to get a non-donation talisman with access to the Abandoned Chemistry Lab, or is that going to remain restricted to donation items?
The plan was originally for those to be solely for that round of donation items. But it wouldn't be the worst thing to have it be accessible otherwise. If a really cool idea for that hits me, I'll probably sneak it in.

Cheers!
Kinak
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

erfMortium wrote:Would it be easy to implement a 'search by recently listed' option in the Player Mall?

I'm not sure how much use it would have, but it would be sure interesting to see what people are selling :)
It should be possible to show the most recently updated items.

I like how uncluttered the mall interface is, but it would be neat. I'll give it some thought.

Cheers!
Kinak
Nommy

Post by Nommy »

In my haste to participate in the heirloom derby, I retconned without looking at the current contest items. I find myself at turn 1 with no way to see what the derby item is, without logging into a different account. Is there some way this information can be added to Deep Storage for heirloom runs, or somewhere else accessible without transportation like the Game Manual?
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

Nommy wrote:In my haste to participate in the heirloom derby, I retconned without looking at the current contest items. I find myself at turn 1 with no way to see what the derby item is, without logging into a different account. Is there some way this information can be added to Deep Storage for heirloom runs, or somewhere else accessible without transportation like the Game Manual?
Good call. There should now be a link from Deep Storage while you're choosing your heirloom.

Cheers!
Kinak
xKiv

Post by xKiv »

Can we get timestamps in chat? It often moves very slowly, and I often open the tab and do other things, and then I get back and see maybe one line posted in the past few hours, and don't know how out of date it is.
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

xKiv wrote:Can we get timestamps in chat? It often moves very slowly, and I often open the tab and do other things, and then I get back and see maybe one line posted in the past few hours, and don't know how out of date it is.
Good call. The server time the message was posted should now appear if you mouseover the speaker's name in the message.

Cheers!
Kinak
Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro »

Right now, the Auction House has a link to go back to the main map.
Could we also get a link to to back to Downtown?
Kinak wrote:Curse you its and it's! Curse yoooooooooou!
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

Sanjuro wrote:Right now, the Auction House has a link to go back to the main map.
Could we also get a link to to back to Downtown?
It's also linked from the Wok of Stars (and is accessible without being able to go downtown), so linking it back to downtown is a little weird in this case.

Cheers!
Kinak
hoyifung04

Post by hoyifung04 »

Can we see rankings in the International House of Records (full), similar to the Top Donators for the Space Station Construction (full)?
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

hoyifung04 wrote:Can we see rankings in the International House of Records (full), similar to the Top Donators for the Space Station Construction (full)?
There's a link in the records page to see the full listing.

But do you mean you want the leading numbers so you can see placement?

Cheers!
Kinak
hoyifung04

Post by hoyifung04 »

Yeah, I meant the leading numbers for placement.
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

hoyifung04 wrote:Yeah, I meant the leading numbers for placement.
Hmmm. I've added them, but I'm not a huge fan of how they look. If anyone has problems with them, I'll probably take them back down.

Cheers!
Kinak
xKiv

Post by xKiv »

I don't think I didn't (and can't believe I didn't yet) ask for consumption info somewhere (character page probably). Often I don't remember how much sugar/coffee I had today already. (I usually remember that I had zero vegetables).
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

I'm also kind of surprised it wasn't in there. Added it to the character page and reformatted things some.

Cheers!
Kinak
xKiv

Post by xKiv »

Vegetables: 149/181
I haven't had a vegetable in a long time, so ... I think I need vegetable limit explained to me. Is it per retcon?
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

1 per level, resets on retcon.
Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro »

I really like image-light inventory. My inventory loads so much faster now! (I'm such a pack-rat)
However, I do not like the way image-light combat looks.
Would it be possible to separate that into two different options?
Kinak wrote:Curse you its and it's! Curse yoooooooooou!
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

Sanjuro wrote:I really like image-light inventory. My inventory loads so much faster now! (I'm such a pack-rat)
However, I do not like the way image-light combat looks.
Would it be possible to separate that into two different options?
Split those up.

Cheers!
Kinak
hoyifung04

Post by hoyifung04 »

I noticed that the Last Area Patrolled link now works on log-in for Shiloh (zone). Can other areas be updated so the LAP link also works on log-in?
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

hoyifung04 wrote:I noticed that the Last Area Patrolled link now works on log-in for Shiloh (zone). Can other areas be updated so the LAP link also works on log-in?
Sort of. I can completely recode zones so they work the new way. And I will be doing that as it comes up; you can probably find some others that work that way already.

But fixing it for the entire game would be weeks of really tedious work, so it isn't going to happen all at once.

Cheers!
Kinak