Ryme republished a novel - free download tomorrow!

Off-topic posts about whatever, including off-the-wall posts about being on walls.

Moderator: Moderators

Ryme
Site Admin

Ryme republished a novel - free download tomorrow!

Post by Ryme »

For those of you who can't get enough humor and wordplay from just one game, you may be interested to know I've just published a novel, called Chicagoland, under the pseudonym Aaron Rath.

It's a bit more grown up than the writing in the game (some serious themes, language, etc. that have intentionally been kept out of TH) so it may not be appropriate for all audiences. But it does have spoonerisms, portmanteaus, puns, and some distinctive Ryme humor scattered throughout. More details and previews available on the store:

http://www.amazon.com/Chicagoland-Aaron ... 00H37PTXQ/

The book is currently available only from Amazon, in digital Kindle format. However, there are Kindle reader apps available for most computer, tablet, and smartphone OSes, so it's not particularly limited. It also doesn't have DRM, so you can convert to other formats easily. I'm considering a print version, but it depends on the success of the digital version, and would take a few months at the least.
Patojonas

Re: Ryme published a novel

Post by Patojonas »

Congrats on the book Ryme ;)
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Thanks, Patojonas!
Satan

Post by Satan »

I wrote a review. 5 stars much wow. I hope it's a good review, I've never really written a book review before.
Leader of PFE league. If you wish to worship me, ask me about joining my secondary league Cult of Satan (the largest league in the game!).
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Five stars, and talk of believable characters and natural humor: I'm happy! Much appreciated.

Glad you enjoyed it, too.
Satan

Post by Satan »

I just got an email saying that someone found my review helpful, so yay.
Leader of PFE league. If you wish to worship me, ask me about joining my secondary league Cult of Satan (the largest league in the game!).
Ryme
Site Admin

Re: Ryme published a novel - free download, Jan 21!

Post by Ryme »

Special promo: today only, the book is available for free. Looking for some new readers, fishing for a few reviews, which give a hint of respectability to an otherwise unknown self-published author. (No obligation of course, just tremendously appreciated.)
Ryme
Site Admin

Re: Ryme published a novel - free download, Feb 5 + 8-9

Post by Ryme »

Bunch of free days coming up, for the curious.
Ryme
Site Admin

Re: Ryme published a novel - free download, Feb 5 + 8-9

Post by Ryme »

An actual review is a lot more useful, if you can manage it, but a rating is better than nothing. Thanks!
Ryme
Site Admin

Re: Ryme republished a novel - free download tomorrow!

Post by Ryme »

In the months since Chicagoland was first published, I have learned a lot of things. Some of them about editing, some about storytelling, some about marketing. Quite a few of the most valuable lessons have been outside the realm of the book itself, but have affected how I want to tell a story, and what I ought to include in one.

Because of all those things and more, I was convinced to do a round of revisions to the book. It's now shorter, snappier, and more focused on scenes that are emotionally important to the main character. I have simplified a few things, including combining a mess of about forty minor characters into a neatly packaged dozen or so. Finally, I fixed some large issues with the pacing and chronology in the latter third of the book, which hopefully helps draw it to a more satisfying conclusion.

--

Tomorrow, Saturday August 30, it will be a free download.

For anyone who might already own a copy, I'm still trying to figure out if you automatically get upgraded or need to do something specific, or if Amazon won't facilitate this process at all. Talk to me if you've got an old copy and want to see the new version.
Satan

Re: Ryme republished a novel - free download tomorrow!

Post by Satan »

I actually hadn't bought a copy yet, but I'll pick one up of the new version.