Readers wanted

Off-topic posts about whatever, including off-the-wall posts about being on walls.

Moderator: Moderators

Ryme
Site Admin

Readers wanted

Post by Ryme »

So, I've been working on a novel. It's a humorous, slightly wild, fictionalized memoir style story of years in Chicago and times on the road. Like Twilight Heroes, it's got spoonerisms and puns, and is intended to be generally humorous. Unlike this game, it's a bit more adult (language, some drugs, a little sex). If I've done it right, it's got a little Kerouac and Tom Robbins to it, along with bits of Ryme humor you'd probably recognize from here.

In a week or two it will be as polished as I can make it, but it's been seen by very few other eyes. I'm looking for a few readers who have the time and energy both to read it and also give me feedback.

If anyone would be interested, please send me a PM with contact info and preferred format (it's a Word Doc currently, but I could probably get it into PDF or ebook formats without too much trouble). If you're not sure or have questions, just post in thread.
Ryme
Site Admin

Re: Readers wanted

Post by Ryme »

I'm getting close. Throwing out the net for a few more readers, if interested. At this point we've gone through edits and revisions, and now it's going back for re-edits, but it's mostly done. I'd be interested in a few more readers. At this point broad issues like plot and tone probably aren't up for revision, but I can always use more eyes to catch inconsistencies and typos, if they're left. What I *really* need, though, are readers who are willing to give me a review on Amazon when the book goes up for sale. Anyone who wants a free copy now, I'm expecting you to:

1) Read the book in a timely fashion. Within a month would be ideal, six weeks maybe at the most.

2) Write a review of it on Amazon within a week of finishing the book, or a week of it going on sale if you finish before the book is finalized. You don't have to love it: I'll accept middling or even low-star reviews as long as you put some genuine reasoning into the explanation. (I will be disappointed if you can't at least claim it's cleanly written and mostly free of typos.)

If you can't promise those two things, then this offer is not for you. You can always buy the book later and read at your own pace or without comment if you prefer. If you do promise these things and don't follow through I *will* hound you until you keep your promise. You have been warned. :lol:

But seriously, I hope you'd enjoy the book, and you wouldn't mind saying a few things about it in a public place to get a free copy.

And if you're on the fence and need an endorsement, one anonymous reader said:
I would describe your book and writing as smart, deep, reflective, masterfully crafted, insightful, witty, thoughtful, and also humorous.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Not reposted, but updated. PM me your email address and I'll send you a copy.
Satan

Post by Satan »

I don't need a free copy, but I'll post a review.
Leader of PFE league. If you wish to worship me, ask me about joining my secondary league Cult of Satan (the largest league in the game!).
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Testing period officially closed to new readers. The book will be available for sale soon.