Minor interface tweak requests

For to fix what's broke, and improve what ain't. Or something thereabouts.

Moderator: Moderators

Patojonas

Re: Minor interface tweak requests

Post by Patojonas »

yep, like in the market where you select the amount you want of this or that item, would be great! (also, less stress on the server, its a win-win right?)
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Multi-buy functionality in Nocturne's shop, the Subscriber's store, and the Criminology Lab would be nice.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

Cristiona wrote:Multi-buy functionality in Nocturne's shop, the Subscriber's store, and the Criminology Lab would be nice.
I'm with Cristiona on this, 500% (me and my alts, a small but annoying mob :mrgreen: ).

Also, could you also think about this for ectobit derivates?

It takes forever to make a decent amount of anything, rendering these mostly unused. Not to mention the server load it'd save.
Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro »

When we select something to decrypt with Vlad's Decryptonomicon, could we see the quantity of each item in the drop-down?
Kinak wrote:Curse you its and it's! Curse yoooooooooou!
Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro »

Thanks for the leagues!
Could we get a link to our league in the "Character" page, or maybe in the top menu?
Kinak wrote:Curse you its and it's! Curse yoooooooooou!
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

Sanjuro wrote:Thanks for the leagues!
Could we get a link to our league in the "Character" page, or maybe in the top menu?
You should get that, although it wasn't automatically refreshing on joining a league. Should be good now :)

Cheers!
Kinak
Satan

Post by Satan »

Not particularly an important request, but I dislike that in the new league pages (multiple locations), you can click on names of leagues, people, etc. but they're plaintext instead of links. I clicked on them out of habit so I know they're there, but it's not very intuitive and hardly consistent.

Edit: I noticed that in places name links would be placed right next to item links, and this might not be aesthetically pleasing, so perhaps a compromise of an arrow or something to the left of the item name that you can click for the description popup?
Leader of PFE league. If you wish to worship me, ask me about joining my secondary league Cult of Satan (the largest league in the game!).
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

In the Command Room, could you perhaps add a "clipboard" similar to the league description, but only visible and possible to edit in this section by league members? This would avoid placing rules or fight plans in the league description as it happens in some leagues at the moment (PFE description comes to mind).

Hum, just checked and it seems only leaders can access this room....maybe making the room visible to all but only leaders can see and edit the league description?
Satan

Post by Satan »

Adding on to what Patojonas said, is it possible we could get some kind of notification to go out when the clipboard is updated? Because I don't want to start messaging everyone to get them to notice if something new is added.
Leader of PFE league. If you wish to worship me, ask me about joining my secondary league Cult of Satan (the largest league in the game!).
Nommy

Post by Nommy »

Can we have a time indicator next on the zone Mouths of Darkness - Central Cave? It's one of the few places that don't already have one.
xKiv

Post by xKiv »

Nommy wrote:Can we have a time indicator next on the zone Mouths of Darkness - Central Cave? It's one of the few places that don't already have one.
I think there's also no turnlength indicator in the NCI live.
Actually, wouldn't it make sense to put a turnlength indicator next to the turnsleft indicator on the left pane?
(for example, change "(100 turns left)" to "(100 turns left @ 4.5 minutes)")
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Can we have a "favorite skills" function? I can't count the number of times I've cast "Knit Flesh" when I've wanted "Aura: Vim". Would love to hide some skills.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Cristiona wrote:Can we have a "favorite skills" function? I can't count the number of times I've cast "Knit Flesh" when I've wanted "Aura: Vim". Would love to hide some skills.
I'll second that. Until the badge came out, I purposefully didn't perm a lot of skills just to keep the list clear of things I never use.
Satan

Post by Satan »

And you guys think I ask for petty things :p Be more careful when you cast a skill.
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

Cristiona wrote:Can we have a "favorite skills" function? I can't count the number of times I've cast "Knit Flesh" when I've wanted "Aura: Vim". Would love to hide some skills.
I could add a toggle to display only skills you have SP in, but manually maintaining a favorites list seems like overkill to me.

If a toggle like that would fix the problem, let me know.

Cheers!
Kinak
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Not really.

I mean, it might out of retcon, but I have a lot of skills I have no use for, and others that I use without points. Ah well. No biggie.
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

maybe a toggle that separates skills by their original class?
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

sorry about the doublepost, but since you did it for the IOU, could you add multibuy for the voucher store?

edit: oh, just noticed you also added it for the Nocturne's shop, awesome!
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

Would it be possible to make it so the current outfits options be displayed in a similar way to the GM outfit script where when we click "manage outfits" it shows or hides the options?

This way it would be left as "Outfit - manage", having the options hidden as default.

Lets just say it looks strange to me seeing those there, might as well be due to it being new stuff :P
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

Patojonas wrote:Would it be possible to make it so the current outfits options be displayed in a similar way to the GM outfit script where when we click "manage outfits" it shows or hides the options?
I might be misunderstanding you, but if you're looking for the outfits section to be a collapsible block, that's very unlikely.

I'm not going to load the interface down with options, so it's really better not to open that door.

Cheers!
Kinak
Satan

Post by Satan »

It would be fairly simple to make a GM script that sets or unsets the hide attribute for that section. Not the most pretty way, but it'd work.
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

Would it be possible, in the league vault, to add an option to send X of Y to <everyone> ? That'd save a lot of clicks and a few server hits.
Satan

Post by Satan »

Can we get str/int/ref stat ranking boards like in the lifetime section in the current section? I'm stat climbing right now, and it'd be nice to see what I'm up against, instead of hoping I climb a rank or two every day.
Satan

Post by Satan »

Perhaps they could replace the antiquated VR boards, since no one really cares about those anymore, and I think that's what they were originally intended to measure back when we had no retcon and less sources of permanent stat gain.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Who cares about current Str/Int/Ref boards?
Satan

Post by Satan »

Me? And I would assume others. There are lifetime stats boards for them, why not current? The journal only tells me the number of people ahead of me, not how far I have to go to progress.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

And yet you assume that since you don't care about VR boards that nobody else does?
Satan

Post by Satan »

You just assumed that I assumed that no one else cares about the VR boards. But since I check the boards regularly, it's pretty evident that the VR boards haven't changed up in quite some time. In fact, no one on the flight points board has even logged on in the past 60 days. Some of them haven't logged on for months or even years. Stop being defensive for no reason and give me my current stats str/ref/int boards >.>
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

would it be possible to make the league tower say if I have already joined the fray, besides everyone else?

Sometimes I do my share in the morning to have it done with and at night when i spend my turns I'm unsure....it's really irritating having to wait for someone else to show up so that I can ask if I already joined.

it seems to have been done deliberately, but it doesn't help, on the contrary.....
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

Patojonas wrote:it seems to have been done deliberately, but it doesn't help, on the contrary.....
I just figured people would know if they'd jumped in, but not necessarily other members. In any case, it should be reflected in the messages now.

Cheers!
Kinak
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

awesome, thanks!
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

I can't see it right now, but the "alongside you." bit seems to need a space when next to the plural form. "...have already leapt into the frayalongside you."

Also, a suggestion from Hoyifung04:
Suggestion: have the "Forget" button (for oufits) read from the combobox rather than the textbox.
(And, of course, move it up beside the "Equip Outfit" button as a result)

Fixed the typo. The outfit one might take a while.

And the outfit one is done now too.
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

Would it be possible to make the catalyzer accept more than one unit at a time? It is a pain to have to add 1 Item every 45 minutes (and I still have 200+ to go in Reigna lol)

Basically we would add X items in one go and after X*(time for 1 of that item) we get X items.

Dunno if it'd make the coding less painful if there were a fixed amount of multiples items you can add at one time, specially considering they'd be added after a fight, might break something if 20 Most interesting items in the world are added at the end of the fight lol

So, besides the option to add 1 at a time, an option to add , for example, 5 at a time and after 5*(time needed for that item) it'd spit 5 of the result?
xKiv

Post by xKiv »

I feel like I asked this already but ... would it be possible to see a (clickable) list of leagues that have me whitelisted, without leaving my current league (there's a list in LI inc when I don't have a league, but not otherwise)? I ask this because leaving a league unlistens #league but joining a league doesn't re-listen it, and I often forget (not that there's much happining in the #l that I can access, but it's the principle of the thing).
Patojonas wrote:
Suggestion: have the "Forget" button (for oufits) read from the combobox rather than the textbox.
(And, of course, move it up beside the "Equip Outfit" button as a result)

And the outfit one is done now too.
Can we please get some padding space between the "equip" and "forget" buttons? I am very scared of misclicks, every time I go to switch outfit, which is several times each day.
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

Patojonas wrote:Would it be possible to make the catalyzer accept more than one unit at a time? It is a pain to have to add 1 Item every 45 minutes (and I still have 200+ to go in Reigna lol)
Probably, but doing it properly is potentially complicated and I really don't want to do it halfway.

Which is to say, if I make it work as a batch returning your whole collection when it's done (not hard), the next time I check my email I'll have a request to have it give incremental returns.

I've actually been thinking about this for a while, though and I think I've got a solution that'll work properly.
xKiv wrote:I feel like I asked this already but ... would it be possible to see a (clickable) list of leagues that have me whitelisted, without leaving my current league (there's a list in LI inc when I don't have a league, but not otherwise)? I ask this because leaving a league unlistens #league but joining a league doesn't re-listen it, and I often forget (not that there's much happining in the #l that I can access, but it's the principle of the thing).
Well, all the more reason if there isn't a lot going on in your #l (it's harder to miss if a conversation stops right away). Added that to the bottom, where it hopefully won't be too in the way for anyone.

I'm somehow reminded of Wise Man's Fear with Kvothe's bowl of rings.
xKiv wrote:Can we please get some padding space between the "equip" and "forget" buttons? I am very scared of misclicks, every time I go to switch outfit, which is several times each day.
Padded.

Cheers!
Kinak
xKiv

Post by xKiv »

Hmm .. looking for ion stones in my assembly item list made me think ... it would be nice if browsers had a filter/search functionality in their input/select/comboboxes (I first saw this on my phone's browser) - you type in a few letters and the selection only shows matching items. So I went looking for firefox addons, greasemonkey scripts, and eventually found a couple jquery plugins.

Then I cobbled together a quick GM script to enable this (http://ivaynberg.github.io/select2/) on assembly page:

Code: Select all

// ==UserScript==
// @name        xkiv-th-select2
// @namespace   xKiv
// @description selectify selects
// @include     http://www.twilightheroes.com/assemble.php
// @require     http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.9.1/jquery.min.js
// @require     http://localhost/js/select2-3.4.2/select2.min.js
// @version     1
// ==/UserScript==

$('head').append("<link href='http://localhost/js/select2-3.4.2/select2.css' type='text/css' rel='stylesheet'>");
$(document).ready(function() { $('select').select2( { width: 'element' } ); });
This works (assuming that you have select2 unzipped on your localhost webserver and don't have ABE enabled in NoScript) for me (an actual site would have to host all the select2 files on itself). I am relatively happy (except the used css style doesn't really fit with the rest of the site, but that can be fixed in the css file).
But I would be happier if we could get this on all potentially-large selectboxes in the game (or even just slap it on all and use the "don't do this unless the select has more than X items" functionality it has). Can we? Please?
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

xKiv wrote:Can we? Please?
Sorry, this is the "minor interface tweak" thread, the "major interface overhaul" thread is the next one over :P

I'll play with it next week and see whether I can get it to play nicely with everything else.

Cheers!
Kinak
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

Kinak wrote:I'll play with it next week and see whether I can get it to play nicely with everything else.
Played around some with Select2 and Chosen (its parent). Both have some pretty unfortunate quirks, particularly on smaller displays.

I'll keep poking around. If I can find a way that works consistently, I'll push it live.

Cheers!
Kinak
xKiv

Post by xKiv »

Kinak wrote:
Kinak wrote:I'll play with it next week and see whether I can get it to play nicely with everything else.
Played around some with Select2 and Chosen (its parent). Both have some pretty unfortunate quirks, particularly on smaller displays.

I'll keep poking around. If I can find a way that works consistently, I'll push it live.

Cheers!
Kinak
I didn't choose Chosen because it only matched at start of words.
And I only played with Select2 enough to hit one major quirk - it doesn't keep selected position once I start filtering, even if the selected item would still be a possible option. That made me a sadface.

Well, I can always just keep it as a GM script and enable it where I want. Pro: works for me. Con: doesn't work for anybody else.