bouncy battery ball

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

zatade

bouncy battery ball

Post by zatade »

Hello
I recently started playing Twilight Heroes and am really enjoying it. As I am still working on my 'initial continuity' I do not have any experience with classes other than my current class of Elemental. I donated and exchanged for the bouncy battery ball. I realize that in games, item of the month objects are usually most beneficial to either a specific class or level range. Given my limited Twilight Heroes experience, I am having difficulty seeing is the benefit of the object to gameplay.

Could someone please elaborate on when the bouncy battery ball is most useful.
Thanks.
Kinak
Site Admin

Re: bouncy battery ball

Post by Kinak »

Hi zatade, I'm glad you're enjoying the game.

The ball becomes exponentially more useful the more ranged attacks you can get. It increases naturally with your Reflexes stat and a few special effects increase it, but Gadgeteers are the real masters of ratcheting up ranged attacks.

If you want the full (spoilery) breakdown, I'd check the wiki.

Cheers!
Kinak
zatade

Post by zatade »

Hi Kinak: Thanks for the really speedy reply. A Gadgeteer retcon already sounded like fun, this should make it even better. Once Mick has the decency to die, I shall give it a try:)
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

The ball also synergizes nicely with Bedivere's vambraces.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

also, Gandiva's Charm, one of the 4 current yearly IOTM talismans grants +3 ranged attacks and can be equipped right at level 1 ;)
xKiv

Post by xKiv »

6 hits from turn 1 is nice, but the lowly enemies were still only worth 1 PP .. and enemies in level~~2 places were worth 2 PP .. and so on ...
zatade

Post by zatade »

I used the RETCON device this morning and became a gadgeteer, pulled the bouncy battery ball, and life is good. It works really really well. Instead of having to rest in my hideout about every 3rd turn, I am out there saving the city.
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

zatade wrote:I used the RETCON device this morning and became a gadgeteer, pulled the bouncy battery ball, and life is good. It works really really well. Instead of having to rest in my hideout about every 3rd turn, I am out there saving the city.
Yay!

Cheers!
Kinak