New level 12/13 quest

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Kurg

New level 12/13 quest

Post by Kurg »

First: it's awesome.

Second: would be nice if there was some text - bolded - which told you that you could access a new location/area. I wasted quite a few turns because I didn't realize that, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one.
Accounts: Kurg is my main, then there's Zap/Zorzos/Kalios who are (mostly)unused multis.
Ryme
Site Admin

Re: New level 12/13 quest

Post by Ryme »

Bolded? I dunno. Maybe pink and blinking, I guess, but not bold.

It was on the list of things to figure out, but it slipped through the cracks at the end. It'll get worked in there for sure.
Jesus

Post by Jesus »

Ryme wrote:Maybe pink and blinking...
That would be a neat effect for some +FT thing to do (because it's annoying).
Or a stat decreaser (because it's disorienting/distracting).

I always forget that text can be made to blink because it's pretty much a taboo on teh interwebs.
Jesus (#229) | Solitude (#257)
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I've heard there are ways to use PHP to adjust images, and I was once tempted to try to get it to work that any foe with greater than X foe toughness would show up in red instead of grayscale. But after wasting about 10 hours on the thing I gave up and got back to work on retcon, or whatever the quest of the moment was.
Nommy

Post by Nommy »

I totally agree, though. This quest was mega cool. I especially like the way that the Rooftops were repurposed-they're such a neat area in the first place, I love a reason to hang around there more often.
Hannahmaus

Post by Hannahmaus »

I've had to resort to camping away my turns due to rl time pressures, but made sure to make time when this quest was released, and loved it! It's beautifully written and constructed, and I particularly liked the way the ending plays out - not trivially obvious but not fiendishly difficult, and very satisfying. Well done! :)
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Glad you liked it! :D
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"