Cris does stupid stunts!

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Lxndr

Re: Cris does stupid stunts!

Post by Lxndr »

What's a normal human run? You don't describe it in this thread. What am I missing?
Alexander Cherry
Twisted Confessions
Nommy

Post by Nommy »

A Human run one where you do not use any skills or buffs at all, can only equip armor that has no enchantment, and your sidekick can only use modes learned from the College. You have to go out and face the world as an average Joana.

I'm doing mine now, it isn't so bad. Just have to overlevel a whole bunch to be able to hit people.
Also, did we ever come to a decision on Passable Pilot?
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Pilot should be allowed, since you could use Ned's rental chopper.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Nommy wrote:A Human run one where you do not use any skills or buffs at all, can only equip armor that has no enchantment
Except where required by quests (underwater and the sewer).
Also, did we ever come to a decision on Passable Pilot?
I dunno. I would say no, because any vehicle that requires Pilot has an enchantment (flying) which is disallowed.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Flying's not an enchantment, it's physics!
Nommy

Post by Nommy »

So, the Hippy Run.
-You must run from all fights with animals (of this dimension). People dressed up as animals don't count, they're just crazy.
-You cannot wear anything bought from a store. The environmentally-conscious only wear recycled clothes.
-No elemental resistance, which would hamper your ability to commune with nature.
-You can only choose the Selfless option in choice adventures.

And this leads directly into the Yuppie run, which will also be a cool thing.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Nommy wrote:-You must run from all fights with animals (of this dimension). People dressed up as animals don't count, they're just crazy.
That'll make the Bay interesting.
Er... huh. I'd have to look those up.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
Nommy

Post by Nommy »

Interesting, but not impossible. There are no bosses or anything that are animals, so that doesn't have to be an exclusion. The biggest problem I can think of is that you wouldn't be able to use a taut sinew, so in a no-pulls run you're stuck waiting for the Gnat.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Nommy wrote:The biggest problem I can think of is that you wouldn't be able to use a taut sinew, so in a no-pulls run you're stuck waiting for the Gnat.
Oh, crap. That would totally suck. Unless we used my pogo-stick idea from sandomasocore!
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Only hippies are too stupid to fight back when animals are attacking them, for fear of "hurting their feelings".
Kurg

Post by Kurg »

If only there was a class that could gain XP from animals by befriending rather than killing them... :wink:

(Yeah, I get it that it could make things easy and you don't want that. But on the other hand, taming sounds a...'hippier' approach to animals than running away. It's not like you're mind controlling or enslaving the poor things)
Accounts: Kurg is my main, then there's Zap/Zorzos/Kalios who are (mostly)unused multis.
Nommy

Post by Nommy »

Deviously tricking an animal into believing that you're friends for impure motives like gaining experience, only to leave the poor dear and never see them again? Taming is totally not Hippy, it's just plain cruel.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Well, I triggered the vest sooner than expected. Didn't have to load up on buffs like expected.
You point your sceptre at your opponent and unleash a beam of pure physical destruction, dealing 799 damage.
However, it's a pity that beam doesn't stun, because the Mick's no slacker:
You point your sceptre at your opponent and unleash a beam of pure physical destruction, dealing 271 damage.

Your opponent attacks ... Your opponent has a critical hit! He hits for 198 damage.
Sadly for him, I went in with 1039 hit points. And, just to make the defeat a little more humiliating:
In a detergrimmed fashion you break the safeteventative seal and with exacturprizing precisiluck hurl it directly at your foe's shankles. The cansiter burstplodes, punning your opponent for 20 damage and a free go at them.

Victory! You beat up your foe and win the combat!

You gain 1743 experience.

You got an item: blue chip

You got an item: the Mick's sketchy candy

You got an item: the Mick's Thunderbolt

You got an item: the Mick's gorilla vest

You got an item: trimensional cortex
That's right: death by puns.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Do portmanteaus count as puns?

Speaking of portmanteaus, this morning my wife said "slunching" as a combination of slouching and hunching. They're surprisingly difficult to make up, but she's got quite the knack for them.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

It's not my fault your pun gas is mislabeled! :P
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Well... I can see why Nommy hated the human run so much. Still, it's not horrible. It's just slow. With just basic gear, you can't fight above your level; hell, you can barely fight at your level. And some levels (6 and 7 especially) have few good places to go anyway.

I'm level 8 now, and I'll probably spend most of this level just fighting in the Zion building. The XP is... okay, but the drops are at a high enough % to provide me with money. However, I might head over and try my luck at the docks. I need, like, 6 smuggler's boxes. Also, it looks like I'll be able to survive in the robot hive at level 10, so I'll be able to squeeze out one final upgrade to my equipment.

Heh. I remember when plasteel gear first went in and how weak it seemed, especially because of the lack of bonuses.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Done and done.

Time Played This Run: 3d 6h 46m 0s
Days This Run: 20
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Next challenge! Do all the quests in backwards order. While holding your breath! And with your eyes closed!
Lxndr

Post by Lxndr »

This is a stunt I'd love to see:

earn the Whirlwind merit badge in a Maso run
Alexander Cherry
Twisted Confessions
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Lxndr wrote: earn the Whirlwind merit badge in a Maso run
I... I'm not sure that possible...
Nommy

Post by Nommy »

I'm fairly sure it isn't. You can't every really get the -time or the combat modifiers you need in a maso run to finish that quickly. I'd say before wasting time trying a full maso, try for the fastest you can mange with no-items.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Nommy wrote:-No elemental resistance, which would hamper your ability to commune with nature.
I was thinking of doing this in a psion run, but they have innate 20% psychic resist. Is that allowable?
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Okay, so, finalizing the rules for the dirty hippy run.
Nommy wrote:-You must run from all fights with animals (of this dimension). People dressed up as animals don't count, they're just crazy.
-You cannot wear anything bought from a store. The environmentally-conscious only wear recycled clothes.
-No elemental resistance, which would hamper your ability to commune with nature.
Additionally:

-Psion is acceptable because psychic resist isn't a "natural" element, but must do whole run with the Filigreed Foil Hat
-Must run from all Pax Verde operatives because they're fighting The Man, man

Also, I'll try to avoid using metal-based equipment (aside from the hat or vehicles), but I'm not sure how likely that'll be. Consider it a guideline, not a rule. I'll do this for my next run, with the "standard" 17 mettle.

Also also, Passive Aggressive is in the queue. It'll be based around doing all (most) damage via strikeback and foe fumbles. I just need to figure out how to minimize combat damage. Probably by using no weapon.
Deathkiller

Post by Deathkiller »

Justin's wand would also deal low enough damage against higher level foes that it'd probably be useful for your "passive aggressive" runs
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Sadly, it can heal. I'll probably use Kangaroo Punch or a low powered ranged weapon like a baseball.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Note for future run from PenguinPyro: Stoner run: having Laaaaaaazy or Utter Wretchedness running for the entire run.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Done.

Hippy run was annoying. It wasn't especially difficult, but the foil hat hurt my defense, no attacking animals made the level 6 quest an utter waste of time, and it also meant I had to spend ten years farming up a pogo-stick since I couldn't get a taut sinew. Still, it wasn't hard.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

I have a new stunt I'll be doing eventually:

Futisandomasocore. Oh yeah.
Lxndr

Post by Lxndr »

Suggestion:

Nocturnecore.

you can only use and wear items from Nocturne's shop.

(hope you didn't already buy a Night Mare, because that's the only vehicle you can use!)

(Note: it's NOT cheating to put more items in Nocturne's shop to fill requirements, like say super-jumping)
Alexander Cherry
Twisted Confessions
Satan

Post by Satan »

Wouldn't it be easier to just say you can do pulls and then only pull nocturne items?
Leader of PFE league. If you wish to worship me, ask me about joining my secondary league Cult of Satan (the largest league in the game!).
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Currently impossible because of the lack of superjumping. And I bought a Night Mare ages ago, so it'd have to be a pulls run.
Nommy

Post by Nommy »

Update: Stunt runs don't count unless they were done in Too Hard