Improvements for the future

For to fix what's broke, and improve what ain't. Or something thereabouts.

Moderator: Moderators

Satan

Improvements for the future

Post by Satan »

1. Pickpockets need their stats altered a bit- for every single class, a level 1 can sometimes spend 20-30 tries trying to hit a pickpocket and not do so until a critical hit occurs or just by chance they manage to hit. Not a problem if you use skills on them, but it's still annoying.

2. The inventory should be able to be accessed from the Dank and Rusty Maze without taking away the link back.

... That's all I have at the moment. More to come.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

1. The pickpocket is intentionally difficult. A foe that you have to use skills against may be annoying, but I'd argue that it's good game design rather than a problem.

2. This is intentional, too. Do you really think you carry all that stuff with you down in the maze? I don't. I think you keep most of it at the hideout, and if you want to change clothes you run home first.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

About the maze...

This may be a programming limitation, but there are times when it doesn't make sense. For instance, if you aren't wearing any boots and you get the sandles, you can't put them on without losing the link. I understand going back to your hideout to put your boots away, but if you're walking around barefoot, there's no reason you can't just sit down in the maze and put on some sandles.

Likewise, using the sands kick you out of the maze. There's no real reason you can't fiddle around with the sacks right there in the maze...

...unless it's too dark there, I guess.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"