December IotM: International agent of intrigue

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Ryme
Site Admin

December IotM: International agent of intrigue

Post by Ryme »

The agent will attack in combat (similar to karate expert), may heal at the end of combat (not quite but roughly double the HP restore [only HP, no PP] of a massage therapist) and at the end of combat sometimes drops items which grant spy-themed buffs.
Mana Yachanichu

Re: December IotM: International agent of intrigue

Post by Mana Yachanichu »

Looks good, although the idea of James Bond teaming up with Batman is a bit incongruous.
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Where'd Batman come into it?
Mana Yachanichu

Post by Mana Yachanichu »

Well, a James Bond-esque character as the sidekick of a superhero - Batman came to mind first is all.
Strlikecrazy

Post by Strlikecrazy »

I haven't used one yet - so i can't totally comment. But the Bond references i've seen on the wiki are awesome.
Buying Stainless steelbreaker, n-barrelled shotgun and Seppia's cephalopod skullcap. Pm me here or ingame!
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

From what I've experienced while using this is that it won't make you faster.

But it'll make things a whole lot easier, and there's something to be said for that. Also, it's fun!
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Are the drop rates of spy items supposed to be that low? I've spent an entire day with it, with proper caffeine and sugar, and got 6 spy items in total. Seems a bit on the low side. Mind you, most of the day was with judo kid gloves and Model-T, not sure if they were supposed to improve the drops or not.
Also, healing is done after both combats and noncombats. I expected so of item drops as well, but have yet to see a drop after a noncombat. Then again, 6 is anecdotal at best.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

From my experience, the drop rate is in line with what it's supposed to be.

Now, if that drop rate is too low is another question :P
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

Muhandes wrote:Are the drop rates of spy items supposed to be that low? I've spent an entire day with it, with proper caffeine and sugar, and got 6 spy items in total. Seems a bit on the low side. Mind you, most of the day was with judo kid gloves and Model-T, not sure if they were supposed to improve the drops or not.
Also, healing is done after both combats and noncombats. I expected so of item drops as well, but have yet to see a drop after a noncombat. Then again, 6 is anecdotal at best.

think that is bad?

I had only 1 in the entire day (5:30-2:11). I was pleased with the other features, but very disappointed on the drop rate, they were the main reason I bought this IOTM in the first place...lets see how well it goes today....
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Hm. That's roughly 9 hours. At 4 minutes turns, that's 135 turns?

Yeah, that's some utterly terrible luck. I mean, like, epically bad. I don't think it's so bad that it couldn't happen with the current rate, but that's pretty hideous. Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to doubling or possibly even tripling the rate. I don't know the drop rate for the Gigaguy Cannon, but I would guess it's probably in the 30-40% rate. These items are more powerful, and I don't have a problem with them being lower, but it may be a little too low.

Personally, today in 6 hours, I got 3 items, but I don't have 4 minute turns. I had, roughly, 75 turns.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Muhandes wrote:Also, healing is done after both combats and noncombats. I expected so of item drops as well, but have yet to see a drop after a noncombat.
Spy items only have a chance of dropping after combats. For coding reasons more than anything else.
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

Today was better, got 6 drops (started adventuring at 6:10) even though I was aiming for non combats.

I'm pleased now :mrgreen:
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

~6 drops a day sounds just right to me. It's more items than you get from a Grouch sack, Couch, or Pouch. Plus the sidekick is doing good damage and healing at the same time.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Is the drop rate/healing rate affected by sidekick effectiveness?
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

Harry Dresden wrote:~6 drops a day sounds just right to me. It's more items than you get from a Grouch sack, Couch, or Pouch. Plus the sidekick is doing good damage and healing at the same time.
indeed.

got 7 yesterday and only 2 today, guess the RNG is a strong influence. (oddly enough the 2 drops were in the first 2 hours)
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Muhandes wrote:Is the drop rate/healing rate affected by sidekick effectiveness?
Almost forgot to mention this. It wasn't originally, but I upgraded that aspect as of two days ago. Effectiveness will increase those odds from now on.