Level one talismans can't be placed in the memento mueseum?

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Corrupt Shadow

Re: Level one talismans can't be placed in the memento muese

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

They're used in RETCON, so they can't be moved from your inventory.
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Corrupt Shadow wrote:They're used in RETCON, so they can't be moved from your inventory.
Did you mean they are used in transmog? I'm not sure how they are used in retcon.
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

No, I was told one had to have it in one's inventory to RETCON... or was that the other class-specific talisman?
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Corrupt Shadow wrote:No, I was told one had to have it in one's inventory to RETCON... or was that the other class-specific talisman?
If this is the case, I see no reason for this requirement.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

A little history.

Of course, at first, there wasn't an MD to put it in, so it didn't matter. Then, when the MDs went it, it was blocked from being put in because you needed it if you were going to transmogrify. In the interest of protecting stupid people from themselves, they were barred from being put in the MD, along with other questy items. When we started working on retcon, I believe we were going to have the original talismans flushed with each run. That later changed.

So, essentially, the reason for not putting them in the case is still the same: you can't transmogrify without it. If you're in an item-restricted run and you put it in the case, you'll be blocked from retrieving it should you wish to transmogrify. Yes, it doesn't put the game in an unwinnable state, but it puts the game in an "annoying bug reports sent to Ryme" state.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"