Transmogrification problem

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Satan

Re: Transmogrification problem

Post by Satan »

Because it's only changing class, not resetting the game. Game reset comes with retconscension (the compound name for whatever ascension will be here). It's not in yet, and won't be for awhile.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

I see the point in not resetting the quests to prevent abuse, but how about resetting them only if one does it, say, at level 30? That way it can't be abused, but you still get the chance to do something more interesting after transmog.
Satan

Post by Satan »

It's alot more work than you think it is, and it'd require alot of messy reworking when retconscension was actually put in, and alot of replication of what was already done but now unusable. It'd be better to work on what's being worked on now than do that as a temporary thing, at this point.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

It's always been the plan that repeating the quests would come with the whole retconscension package: starting over completely, perming a skill with each repeat, etc. At this point, even though there's a lot to do to get retcon ready, I'm still far more than halfway there, and I'd definitely rather follow through on the plan and do it right than just patch in a "replay this quest" method.<BR><BR>

Not to mention, narratively speaking, it doesn't make much sense to reset all the quests just because you've changed class. Resetting the quests takes something dramatic, like time travel, alternate universes, higher powers, alien intervention, something like that. Transmogging is a painter saying, "I think I'll be a sculptor now." Changing your daily tactics doesn't exactly rewrite history.
the SUPERnaturalist

Post by the SUPERnaturalist »

Ryme wrote:Changing your daily tactics doesn't exactly rewrite history.
^this.
=D