"Ascension" Strategy

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

MagiNinjA

Re: "Ascension" Strategy

Post by MagiNinjA »

Yeah, they would be (in response to Olaf).

But, er, they don't have any negative bonuses. Those look slightly imbalanced without them. I wouldn't mind negatives that got worse as you levelled, though, cause of the positives.

To clear it up, he's saying 4 new class talismans, one per class, and the talismans' stats increase every 15 levels.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

I was running off the mentioning of name changes. Which means I understand this even less.
for every say 15 levels you've reached, you get +1 charge on the talisman
with the talisman maxing out at 15 or 20
So they would continue to grow until you're level 225-300? If I'm doing the math right, level 225 requires 238,335,000 XP (level 300 would require 480,585,000). Yeah, I guess that'd take years. Not sure 15-20 points of upgrades to my starting talisman would be worth the effort. Even if there were no penalties.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

All of this belongs in the creative ideas thread.

Also, needs less numbers.

Sigh. No merge. D:

I think more general talismans are required rather than starter talismans, definitely as of right now.
Hannahmaus

Post by Hannahmaus »

Here's a radical idea which probably doesn't belong in this thread, but it would make the TH ascension mechanic differ wildly from KoL. Difference is good!

My idea is that completing an ascension in a given class simply unlocks the talisman, making it equipable permanently. So, after ascension, you could switch class ad-hoc, at the cost of the usual talisman-swap penalties.

I'm poorly and feel stoned without having taken anything, so if this idea has hideous flaws and makes me some kind of idiot, please be gentle. :)
Satan

Post by Satan »

The main problem is that mid-class switches make skills so much easier to obtain... You do 4 ascensions basically and then you're done, you can get whatever skills you want for the run (well, 1 out of 4 for that level). I think this would really cut down on the motivation to do ascensions, though. I like perming because it will take quite a while to do it, and it's helpful later on.
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

If there's 10 skills you want to perm, you need to do 10 ascensions either way, right?
Oh, wait. I see what you mean now.
The trick is to have all the desirable skills at the same level. :P
<==
Well, I've got a hat!
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

/me laughs at all the in-depth discussion about something that may not work exactly like KoL's ascension.
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Well, this was supposed to be for something analogous to skill planning. There IS another ascension thread roaming around.
Satan

Post by Satan »

Corrupt Shadow wrote:/me laughs at all the in-depth discussion about something that may not work exactly like KoL's ascension.
All we know is that Ryme wants something analogue to KoL's ascension. It may not be completely the same, but it's the only basic framework we have to work on. Also, everyone knows perming skills is the hella cool part of ascension >.>
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

The loot is a pretty integral part of the epeen aspect of it.
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

I know, I know... I just thought it funny that so much thought and time was being put into something that may never happen.
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
the SUPERnaturalist

Post by the SUPERnaturalist »

Cris, i mean that if you transmog at level 15 , 15 times, then you'll get a maxed talisman
you don't have to do all the levels in the same talisman.
or, have people pour exp into it, say 1k exp for first level, 5k for second, 20k for 3rd, 60k for fourth, 120k for fifth, etc
=D