Minor bugs [archive]

For to fix what's broke, and improve what ain't. Or something thereabouts.

Moderator: Moderators

malk-a-mite

Post by malk-a-mite »

/me facepalms for any information about the game that I was saving....
==
insert clever .sig file here
==
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Satan wrote:Me and Olaf were actually discussing the other night about how you're storing pvp data in the db, and whether or not that was the issue for the rollover thing. Are you using the character table, where everyone has the rows even if they're not involved in pvp? Or a table of its own? And a row per person pvping per person fought, or a single row per person? Me and Olaf also argued about which would be more efficient >.>
There's two tables related to PvP, one for preferences, and one for fight outcomes. There's a couple of new fields added to your character info (rank, whether you're active in PvP). Based on the timing it almost has to be something related to PvP, but for the life of me I can't figure out what. I had originally assumed that it was the much increased message count that had to be doing it (and there were a lot of new PvP messages). But I can tell it made it through the archiving process smoothly. However, at this point access to the DB seems to be basically locked up while it churns on something, and I can't tell what step has it stuck.

Sadly, while I can insert some diagnostics into the log tomorrow, that means we'll have to go through at least one more slow rollover before I can solve this.

I do feel bad about deleted messages, but I'm going to stand firm on the principle that they did need to go. I'd been meaning to add a saved box (one of the reasons that I hadn't purged this much already), but when an issue with some urgency came up ...
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

Aw, I'm a neat freak. I hate having messages in my inbox.
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

You know what? I forgive you. Just got a scalpel in the my first adventure at the ballpark :D
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Glad to hear that, K3v.

I've got some time tracking code in the rollover logs now, which should help me locate the hangups. Or it'll have a bug and completely break rollover. Only time will tell.
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

Yay for possible solutions!
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

How about a bigger yay for properly solved problems. Yaaaay! Back to 15 seconds or so tonight.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Bad query, I guess. Not sure quite what went wrong with it, as it worked initially and got worse with time.
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

Maybe you inadvertently created the A.I. that will result in Skynet.

Better watch out for assassin robots.

Corrupt Shadow needs to stop watching The Sarah Connor Chronicles apparently.
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

When you get, the Can't Rest, Too Tired adventure when resting after running out of turns, there are still two links back to the main page.
Can't Rest, Too Tired
I know it sounds silly, but you're too tired to rest right now. In other words, as exhausted as you are, if you sat down now you'd fall asleep and then wake up to find yourself robbed and--even worse--possibly murdered. You've got to go home now or you're not going to make it through the work day tomorrow. You don't want to get fired, do you?

Go back to the main page.

Or go back to the main page.
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

I don't know if anyone knows about this (that includes you, Ryme :D ), but there's a little link at the bottom of the memento display that says Search for another memento display. This takes you to a rather archaic page that only accepts player IDs and has a button that says "Submit Query." Just puttin' that out there.
malk-a-mite

Post by malk-a-mite »

[Normal] Mighty Mik: oh first time trying out this game. it's cool. just one suggestion in the dice game. besides the visual on the dice is it possible to have it put in text what u rolled. it's helps me as i use a scre
==
insert clever .sig file here
==
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Exceedingly minor: Palooka Joe gum doesn't have multiuse.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

You activate a second ant and tell it to support the first ant.
I used 17 of them >.>
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

It's not a bug. I just don't want to mess with the linguistics of an infinite number of ants.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Could always make it "You activate an N+1 ant and tell it to support the N ant." :P
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Tried using four unstable isotopes with multiuse:
You dump the vial of unstable isotopes (they're in some sort of hand-cream-like substance) and rub it into your skin. Your healthy glow (heh) returns quickly. You gain 0 PP.
Something tells me that's not right...

edit: using one at a time from the multi-use interface also returns 0 PP.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Ferric Man and the teenager from Jax'Za both do the disappearing-picture thing when you logout/in.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Multi-use on the isotopes is still returning 0 PP :/
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Sole Legend wrote:I don't know if this is the game, or just me, but the Galleria Shops went weird on my alt during it's quest.
The code only has a single instance of the gumball machine. There may be some correlation with greasemonkey.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Cristiona wrote:Multi-use on the isotopes is still returning 0 PP :/
Should be fixed. Sorry for the trouble.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

You dump the vial of unstable isotopes (they're in some sort of hand-cream-like substance) and rub it into your skin. Your healthy glow (heh) returns quickly. You gain 261 PP.
Yup, working fine; thanks!

(and the bandages work too, in case they were busted)
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

With one of the new things, that has a perpetual effect, that effect doesn't display on the left pane after a logout/in (or maybe just rollover). Swapping to another and back fixed the display problem. I assume it's the same on other such things.

Don't know if the effect was broken or not, but the display sure was.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

the login page wasn't reinstating it right. Should be fixed, thanks.
Lxndr

Post by Lxndr »

my sidekick vs. buff timers are decrementing in a non-standard fashion. I sent in a bug report.

**Edited by Ryme to make highlight the issue.
Alexander Cherry
Twisted Confessions
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I'm quoting the more detailed bug report of your actual experience, because the details are important.
I try to keep my buffs perfectly even.

However, somehow while adventuring, my Auras and Biofeedback all decremented, but my Wind Warrior buff did not.

I have no idea what I might have done.
Sidekicks and buffs do not always get treated the same. There are actions which don't use up sidekick time. Resting, for instance, or the VR center. My guess is you did one of those things.
Lxndr

Post by Lxndr »

I did not rest or use the VR center. I have only been in the Fiendish Pit, and once dipped my toes into PvP. Is that enough? ARGH. Now I have to dismiss my sidekick.
Alexander Cherry
Twisted Confessions
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Yeah, PvP doesn't use up sidekick time, because they're not really involved. It's just combats that do it.
Cristiona

Re: Minor bugs

Post by Cristiona »

Foxy kit isn't working quite right. If you take it off and put it back on, it resets to the FF default, even though your custom selection is still on Account Settings. Re-saving puts things back to normal. It's just not remembering like the Double Tower Shield does.
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

The invisible-ness potion seems to only cover for the main channel but not any of the listened channels.
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

You can still access the rooftops and Ned's even though you don't have the proper gear. It was only until I tried to buy a chopper that there was a message. Oh, and the Rooftops give me a message as well as a placeholder image.
Hannahmaus

Post by Hannahmaus »

Very tiny thing: the mine zones don't appear to show up on "Last Area Patrolled".
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

Hannahmaus wrote:Very tiny thing: the mine zones don't appear to show up on "Last Area Patrolled".
I noticed that too... well, it shows up if you're already logged on. If you log out and log back in, it's no longer there.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

I thought this is deliberate, as it connects with the elemental resistance pattern, which I thought was deliberate.
Hannahmaus

Post by Hannahmaus »

How does it connect with what elemental resistance pattern? (genuine curiosity, not disagreement)
Satan

Post by Satan »

Actually, they disappear because these are zones that regularly become closed. So if it's closed, it might confuse people and generate bug reports needlessly. Even though they would know why it disappeared if they bothered to lrn2rd.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Hannahmaus wrote:How does it connect with what elemental resistance pattern? (genuine curiosity, not disagreement)
When you log in skreel and porcupine have no elemental resistance. One you meat an invisible shadow or a rotaviola they take the elemental resistance of the last of them you met (ice for shadow, fire for rotaviola).
Thinking of this again, this does seem more of a bug than a planned feature, at least in that you can always remove the resistance by logging out and logging back in.