Ok

Off-topic posts about whatever, including off-the-wall posts about being on walls.

Moderator: Moderators

Satan

Re: Ok

Post by Satan »

Ok!
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

ok?
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

No
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

Ok!
Satan

Post by Satan »

Ok. After much locking and unlocking, the thread was deleted.
blackmatter615

Post by blackmatter615 »

so who ended up winning? should we start another?
Satan

Post by Satan »

No one won. Due to controversy over the original thread, it's not being re-instated as of yet. There was no official ruling one way or the other from Ryme whether the thread was allowable or not, so for now Kill This Thread threads are on hiatus.
blackmatter615

Post by blackmatter615 »

I would argue that since no explicit denial of such threads has come down from on high that they should be allowed. Now obviously having multiple is redundant, so having only 1 running at a time makes sense. I got the feeling that the hate for that thread was coming from certain moderators as opposed to from ryme, but I more than likely am out of the loop when it comes to that information.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

blackmatter615 wrote: I got the feeling that the hate for that thread was coming from certain moderators as opposed to from ryme, but I more than likely am out of the loop when it comes to that information.
I'm very sorry you've gotten that impression. As far as I'm concerned, there should be one and only one Twilight Heroes policy, which I and all the mods collectively try to encourage or enforce. I take full responsibility for the lapse in communicating and enforcing sensible policy on this issue. Official Twilight policy is thus:

These threads are acceptable, as long as they follow all of the following rules:
1) Only one such thread at a time.
2) The sponsor needs to be an active player. In this case, Mad Hamish has mostly been on hiatus for roughly a year, so if someone wants to start another one they can, but the old one is long past being valid.
3) There MUST be some effort required of the contestants. Threads like this simply don't end if all it takes is a mindless reply. The only chance for it to end is if each entry requires effort. What that is can be left up to the thread sponsor, but an example of an acceptable requirement might be that each entry needs to be a spoonerism, and one that hasn't yet been repeated in the thread. (I suspect that's not nearly challenging enough, but hey, at least we get a lot of spoonerisms out of it, so there's community benefit.) Possibly more appropriate would be to require an original poem, limerick, or sonnet, if you want to get really serious about it.
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

Rules are quite acceptable as far as I'm concerned.
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
Carygon Nijax

Post by Carygon Nijax »

Ok
Top 10 on the Total Post list
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

o....k....?
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Not okay. This thread does not meet the rules laid out within it for stupid spam threads. Being locked.