auto use *ouch script

Off-topic posts about whatever, including off-the-wall posts about being on walls.

Moderator: Moderators

Harry Dresden

auto use *ouch script

Post by Harry Dresden »

Is it working for other people? For the last 3 days, when I initiate the script it will only use one Grouch Sack and then stop. The button doesn't show up again unless I log off and back on, and won't do anything else. I'm having to manually use all the other *ouch items.

Edit: Used it on both newest and previous version of Firefox. Doesn't work on either.
Satan

Re: auto use *ouch script

Post by Satan »

I wasn't even aware that such a script existed. I'll take a look at it.

Edit: It's working fine in FF 9.0.1. I'll check the script for things that might have broken. If you can, use FF's error console under the tools->web developer and see if there's an error provided.

Re-edit: This script relies heavily on local storage, so if something changed with local storage, that's why it's broken. I can rewrite the script to not use local storage, give me half an hour or so.

Re-re-edit: Well it would be a lot of work to rewrite to not use local storage, unless I can move the button that starts the script to another frame. If the button's not on the page itself, we won't need to use local storage. I can make it a link on the bottom pane? Or something. Let me know what the preference would be. I've updated FF to 12.0, so tomorrow I'll try running it and see if I get an error.
Leader of PFE league. If you wish to worship me, ask me about joining my secondary league Cult of Satan (the largest league in the game!).
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Huh. Working fine for me. But I'm running 7.0.1 because I refuse to play along with Mozilla's brain-dead 3 month update cycle.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Here is the only error that shows up when I click the button to use the *ouch items:
Timestamp: 7/2/2012 8:44:00 AM
Warning: Expected color but found 'none'. Error in parsing value for 'background-color'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://www.twilightheroes.com/nav.php
Line: 1
I probably should stop updating Firefox every time it prompts me, but I just get annoyed that it keeps popping up several times a day if I don't update it.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Updates -> Uncheck "Automatically check for updates to Firefox"
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Satan

Post by Satan »

Weird. I tried it on 12.0 and it works just fine. Is GM up to date, 9.20? Could be another addon is conflicting?
Leader of PFE league. If you wish to worship me, ask me about joining my secondary league Cult of Satan (the largest league in the game!).
xKiv

Post by xKiv »

Is your local storage full of something else? (don't know exactly how you would tell, I had to resort to running sqlite on webappsstore.sqlite and then "select sum(length(value)) from webappsstore2" or something like that).
That thing has a limit per site, but also a total limit ...
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Satan wrote:Is GM up to date, 9.20? Could be another addon is conflicting?
Turns out that was the problem. I had the 1.0 beta version loaded because the AA script wasn't working after the latest update. Downgraded to 9.20 on my desktop, and the *ouch script works fine. Luckily, AA script works as well so they must have fixed whatever was bonking it last week.