Shedding some light on Mall Prices

Off-topic posts about whatever, including off-the-wall posts about being on walls.

Moderator: Moderators

blackmatter615

Shedding some light on Mall Prices

Post by blackmatter615 »

Im bored at work, waiting for someone else to finish their part of the project so I can finish mine, so here are some statistics I pulled off the mall. Note: all calculations do not take into account any other effects the items may have, such as stat gains, effects, rarity, etc. etc.

Caffeine and Sugar Cost per time:

As a baseline,

Mister Teas from the black market give about 1 minute/4.762 chips (500/17.5/6)
cups of coffee give 1 min/ 0.1 chips
eyeball gumballs give 1 min/ 0.5 chips
regular gumballs give 1 min/1chip

These prices are from the mall:

Blue Oxford drinks give 1 min/ 138.889 chips
Exigen-C give 1 min/78.95 chips
Rainbow's Ark pills give 1 min/54.55 chips
hyper-c large give 1 min/ 19.05 chips
oil can coffee give 1 min/ 9.722 chips
scorched coffee gives 1 min/ 5.71 chips
Mister teas from the mall give 1min/ 4.771 chips
Manly man drinks give 1 min/ 2.38 chips

sapphire syrup gives 1min/ 2666.666 chips
gum in three acts gives 1 min/ 114.35 chips
cherry gelatin gives 1 min/34.1 chips
gumdrop gives 1min/ 30.385 chips
eyeball gumballs from the mall give 1min/ 10 chips
stroopwafels give 1min/ 9.8
IQ 120s give 1 min/9.6
budge frownies give 1min/ 3.7 chips

In order to make up the difference in cost between Blue oxford drinks and Manly Man drinks, one would have to make 2466.66 chips per turn. (assuming 4 minute turns).
In order to make up the difference in cost between budge frownies and gum in three acts, one would have to make 872.7 chips per turn. (assuming 4 minute turns).

These prices seem right to you?
NardoLoopa

Re: Shedding some light on Mall Prices

Post by NardoLoopa »

You also need to factor in efficiency, don't you? Cups of coffee are cheap, but have high fullness to adventure ratio.

As far as the prices being 'right' - overpriced items just won't sell, but that shouldn't really bother you since they are above your desire/cost threshold. Items that are under-priced would be good investments, obviously.
blackmatter615

Post by blackmatter615 »

The last two sentences demonstrate the efficiency. I figured out the average time given for both, figured out the average turn difference. I took the difference in cost and divided it by the average difference in turns. sorry I didnt write that, but I had to leave work.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Golden Apple: 500,000
Magic Truck Vehicle: 90,000

Wight Out: 7,000
Red-Eye: 470

Mall prices out of whack? The hell you say!
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
acidcat

Post by acidcat »

Also, gum in 3 acts gives nice permanent buffs, and Manly man drinks makes you lose HP.

It's partly about bidding wars - You can buy IQ80s which are the same as eyeballs for about 50 thanks to a bit of a low bid war between me and two others.

The price of consumables is continuously dropping if they're findables anyway. The high value ones have just got further to fall, whereas Mister Teas can't get any cheaper
Kurg

Post by Kurg »

Interesting stuff though I was wondering why you'd leave out Brays and Scalpels.

Also: mettle caffeine is tradeable, but there isn't any for sale right now in the Mall. It has almost the same time/caffeine as Exigens, so if someone had more mettle than they needed and wanted to make some chips...
(Mettle sugar is tradeable too of course, but not very impressive, at least to me).
Accounts: Kurg is my main, then there's Zap/Zorzos/Kalios who are (mostly)unused multis.
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

As I see it, the biggest problem is that star prices have dropped since the introduction of the mall while the price of all the other big ticket items has stayed the same. I know that some people don't like the concept that prices are based on what a star sells for, but as the donation item it only makes sense.

Example: I've been offering 2 stars for Ebon Eyes for almost 2 years now, or the equivalent chips based on recent prices. Before the mall, I would have given 1.2m for an Eye since stars were regularly selling for 600-700k in the AH. Now that stars can only be sold for 350k each, I'm only going to offer 700k for an Eye. Yet, every time I message someone and try to buy an Eye they get mad that I'm trying to "rip them off" by not paying what I used to pay. Or demand 1m chips, and will accept no less. I may be a collector, but I'm not going to pay 3 stars worth of chips for an item I've always paid 2 stars for.
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

Harry Dresden wrote:As I see it, the biggest problem is that star prices have dropped since the introduction of the mall while the price of all the other big ticket items has stayed the same. I know that some people don't like the concept that prices are based on what a star sells for, but as the donation item it only makes sense.
I agree! Silver Star prices drive the market economy. Simple as that.

Harry Dresden wrote:Example: I've been offering 2 stars for Ebon Eyes for almost 2 years now, or the equivalent chips based on recent prices. Before the mall, I would have given 1.2m for an Eye since stars were regularly selling for 600-700k in the AH. Now that stars can only be sold for 350k each, I'm only going to offer 700k for an Eye. Yet, every time I message someone and try to buy an Eye they get mad that I'm trying to "rip them off" by not paying what I used to pay. Or demand 1m chips, and will accept no less. I may be a collector, but I'm not going to pay 3 stars worth of chips for an item I've always paid 2 stars for.
And you shouldn't. These people need to get over themselves.
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"