Goldbergian puzzle?

Non-spoilery solutions to people's game-related problems.

Moderator: Moderators

Kinak
Site Admin

Re: Goldbergian puzzle?

Post by Kinak »

Hmmmm, well, each of the items has an input and an output. You're trying to chain together enough to get a long gadget with the right output at the end.

For full spoilerage, I'm sure someone can post a chart of all the inputs and outputs, but I'd like to think there are enough clues on the items to piece it together.

Cheers!
Kinak
xKiv

Post by xKiv »

Worst case, you use each item once in first position to check its output, and a second time in second position to check its input. Not sure if you can just chain each item twice in a row. (you do *not* need to make a full chain to check just the first two items).
The most difficult part is deciding wich chain of items to go with in the end, assuming you still have plenty.
xKiv

Post by xKiv »

The beginning can be anything you want.
The ending must match whatever the puzzle says is at the end. I don't have spoilers for that.
Fit one chain long enough to reach the end (I think that's 5 or 6 items?) to see what output needs to be at the end.
Then fit another chain with that at the end.
xKiv

Post by xKiv »

I see the option and I finished the quest long ago (without retconning in between, of course).
Do you have any of the applicable items?
Did you defeat all subbosses? (I don't know if defeating any number of them is necessary, but it can't hurt)
Are your normal quests complete?
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

I believe you need to kill all the sub bosses before you can access the door puzzle.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"