Donated and haven't received Silver Stars

Non-spoilery solutions to people's game-related problems.

Moderator: Moderators

Ryme
Site Admin

Donated and haven't received Silver Stars

Post by Ryme »

The donation process is supposed to work as follows.

You donate. Paypal confirms the transaction. Their confirmation page says they will redirect you back to the game in 10 seconds. You wait 10-15 seconds, it reloads the page, and you get a confirmation message from me saying the stars are in your inventory.

So, just as a word of advice for any future incidents, please do make sure you give the confirmation page at least 15 seconds to reload, and if it doesn't reload, there should still be a link to click. (In fact, I'm almost positive the link says "click here if the page doesn't reload".) So you should try that, too. However, sometimes even that fails, in which case you should do the following.

Paypal, instant payment. Send an in-game message to Kinak (#4). The message ideally should include:
1) The email address tied to the PayPal account
2) The time the donation was made
3) The total value of the donation

I can often scrape by with less than that, but it takes me longer, so you've got to wait longer.

Paypal, e-check. Also, if you pay by e-check using PayPal, I first have to wait several days for the transaction to clear, and I don't usually get all of the critical information (like the player ID). So you need to contact me with the above info for me to deliver the silver stars.

AMAZON. Finally, if you pay by Amazon, I'm told almost nothing about the transaction other than the amount and the email address, so you'll need to send me an in game message with all the same stuff so I know how to allocate the stars.

If I have to manually process the stars, I generally do them once per day, so please give me roughly 24 hours after your first notification. If it's been more than 24 hours since you wrote me and I haven't responded, feel free to write again.

Please always use the in-game messaging system for these reports. Thanks!
Last edited by Ryme on Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sanjuro

Re: Donated and haven't received Silver Stars

Post by Sanjuro »

I just had a donation issue. Should I still send the message to Ryme (#1), or should I send it to Kinak (#4) now?
Kinak wrote:Curse you its and it's! Curse yoooooooooou!
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Kinak, please.
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

Ryme wrote:Kinak, please.
Yup, all me.

Updated the top post.