Minor bugs [archive]

For to fix what's broke, and improve what ain't. Or something thereabouts.

Moderator: Moderators

Cristiona

Minor bugs [archive]

Post by Cristiona »

Currently extant bugs (assuming they haven't been quietly fixed):
Cristiona wrote:When you hire Salvador... er... Martin, the left pane doesn't refresh.
FIXED
Last edited by Cristiona on Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Fixed.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Multi-use isn't working right with companions:

http://i38.tinypic.com/2ij2bkw.jpg

As you can see, the text says you're getting for sixty minutes, the side pane disagrees. Also, when using a phone number while glitched, I get "It would be too awkward to call up your old friend while your sidekick is just hanging out around here."

Also, after combat, nothing happened.

FIXED
Last edited by Cristiona on Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I think it's just the phone number that had a typo (now fixed) unless anyone's seeing anything funny with any other items?
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Cris's self-promoters page snafu should be fixed, along with Frost Maze's point that most of the recent auctions subpages weren't showing items. I've also cleaned up a number of other typos and minor glitches reported via the bug reports page. Twilight is at least 1% less sloppy now.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Umm...
You press the START button on the underside of the giant robotic pinata, and step back. With a heavy, ponderous groan of metal and mache, the mechapinata comes to life and brays with fury. (Duration: 60 minutes.)
It lasts for 2 hours, though. Also, as mentioned elsewhere, the attack message has a double period at the end.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Justin, I'd lay 100:1 odds that you had some sort of negative effect at the same time. Like, say, you were bleeding all over the place?

SL: no idea how that's possible. You positive the foe didn't fumble and hit himself instead of you?
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

I'm hearing reports of vanishing sidekicks, perhaps caused by rollover.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Sole Legend wrote:also, idk if this is a bug but at An empty footpath through the park if you go amd your not the right rep it said Patrol again at Cube Theater, which was my last area patrolled
Yeah, well, I figured a ton of people would complain if the empty zone erased a valid last patrolled location. It's going to be quirky either way.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I'll have to check that. If you don't have a last patrolled, it's not supposed to show anything. In theory ...
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

King's Knight wrote:I'm not sure if this is a bug of not, but the creatures in the fiendish pit seem to do damage based on the weapon wielded by the player.
I do remember some old discussion that had to do with the Bat out of Hell. Don't remember any numbers or other actual data, though
<==
Well, I've got a hat!
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Not a bug. Their scaling is based on your stats. (Different scaling critters work differently, but in the case of the pit it's definitely not a bug.)
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

This is kind of a nitpick, but could spells be ordered by MP cost and then alphabetically?

Currently, the Gadgeteer buff drop-down defaults to Stealth. After a year+ of only one buff, I frequently forget to switch it away from Stealth...
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

It is a restricted item. That's intentional. It keeps you from being able to make a ton of them.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Oh, as a preemptive non-bug report: couches and pouches in the Memento Display will not become recharged overnight. The primary reason for this is so that someone can put in one or more of those items at whatever stage they want, and it won't just get converted to the base form. Crazy as it sounds, I think someday someone will probably want to capture all of the stages of a couch or pouch to show off, and I'd hate to destroy that chance for them.
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

I hesitate to even call this a minor bug- it'll probably be the most nitpick-y "bug report" you ever get. There's an almost-invisible gray border around the crystal collector badge that's bugging me :)
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

No, it's like a light gray square around the badge.
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

I see what you mean, but only when I tilt my screen.
<==
Well, I've got a hat!
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

I warned you, it's not exactly game-breaking.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Probably not a bug per se, but lately, rollover has been... insanely long, at least for TH. It used to be about 5-10 seconds long, and it's now running 30-40 minutes each night...
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Definitely an issue. I hadn't noticed, but the rollover time has been creeping up since the day that I released PvP. The database isn't all that much bigger, but something is sure causing problems. I think I really need to get the PvP notices out of the messaging system and into their own table, but that may take a day or two, unfortunately. Please bear with me while I sort that out and clean up the old messages.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Thought that might be the cause. A separate PvP folder and/or a delete all option would also help; if nothing else, people would be more likely to delete old messages.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Er, I just did some of that for them. About 60% of the inbox table was made up of messages more than 6 months old that had already been read, and they needed to go. I think it may disappoint some people, but that's a huge pile of (mostly) junk. I think I'm going to institute some sort of message cleaning policy shortly. Another 15% of that table was old Unbranded Arena messages that hadn't been deleted, so that's a big hit, too. Hopefully that will spare rollover some trouble tonight.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

So the note when I got my crib sheet is gone? :cry:

Can we have a saved messages box?
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Maybe. But I should put a limit on it, like 20 messages per person.

I understand some people were "saving" some things, but when there's 60,000 messages more than half a year old, there's far more junk than value.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Gah. Even worse, that doesn't seem to be the issue. Or at least things are still going slow.
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

So um... I don't know if I'm Ok with that. I had a lot of messages I would've liked to have saved...
Satan

Post by Satan »

Me and Olaf were actually discussing the other night about how you're storing pvp data in the db, and whether or not that was the issue for the rollover thing. Are you using the character table, where everyone has the rows even if they're not involved in pvp? Or a table of its own? And a row per person pvping per person fought, or a single row per person? Me and Olaf also argued about which would be more efficient >.>
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

I understand the purge. Not thrilled to lose a couple that I had been specifically saving, but I understand. Having a limited save box would be fine, although, I doubt it would need to be limited. I wager most old messages are trade/AH messages that just weren't nuked. I doubt save boxes would get too stupidly huge.