Discontinuity bug in the Go Fish, Again quest?

For to fix what's broke, and improve what ain't. Or something thereabouts.

Moderator: Moderators

Muhandes

Discontinuity bug in the Go Fish, Again quest?

Post by Muhandes »

I think there is a slight continuity problem with the Go Fish, Again quest.
I opened the Underwater Base (through the Waterline Arsenal Roundabout adventure) and did NOT adventure in the Underwater Base at all. Then I went to the Byzantine Interior of the Unborn Base and patrolled there until I got Frostheim key card (in the One of These Things is Not Like The Other quest).

What my journal now says is:

"The eco-terrorists on the oil platform have led you to their underwater base. You've found what you think might be the entrance to the main office, and later you located a key, so you need to find your way back through the maze of tunnels to get to the heart of the matter."

But, as I didn't ever adventure there, I didn't get the I'm All Locked Up adventure and I never found the entrance to the main office. I suppose the scripting is a bit off on this, and didn't see the option of getting the key before getting to the office.

Addendum: I think that this has one more problematic implication then just skipping a step and an illogical journal message. I didn't get to see any of the semi-bosses (Iron Will Mike, Shifty Sam, Lightning Rod Jones). I've spent more than 100 turns there and they didn't show up, where on my main they all showed up pretty quickly.
Ryme
Site Admin

Re: Discontinuity bug in the Go Fish, Again quest?

Post by Ryme »

You didn't find a bug, you found a shortcut. If done in the right order you skip the minibosses. This is 100% intentional.

As for the continuity of the text flow, I'm not sure I've got a good answer to that one. I don't have a way right now to differentiate between "you're on step 5 of this quest" and "you skipped three steps and are on step 5 of this quest."
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Grrrr, I really wanted to document those mini-bosses.
I guess I get to level ANOTHER multi to level 8 :roll:
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

then I'll warn you there's more shortcuts in that quest.
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

Boy, look at Ryme gettin' all fancy with his new quests! :lol:
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"