Argh! Interface has broken!

For to fix what's broke, and improve what ain't. Or something thereabouts.

Moderator: Moderators

MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Can you be more descriptive? This could be a number of problems. Yes, bugs are frustrating, but to get them solved quicker, the problem needs to be explained better.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Yes and no. It's a known and erratic issue with browsers and frames. Closing everything and coming back usually fixes it.
Hannahmaus

Post by Hannahmaus »

I've been getting it too just in the last couple of weeks. It boots me out of chat as well. A restart of Firefox has fixed it each time. I'm glad I gave up my dependence on having 40 tabs open all the time.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Tabs are life!

If you kill firefox through the Task Manager, you can restore the session and keep your lovely, lovely tabs.
Hannahmaus

Post by Hannahmaus »

I used an addon called SessionSaver with Firefox 1, the Task Manager kill trick for FF2 (yuck what a kludge), and the Save & Quit feature for FF3, but 40 tabs makes for an unhappy pc, and it trying to reload them all at the same time would make some of them fail and the URL vanish never to be retrieved. Plus if 10 of them were youtube videos they'd all start playing, creating a disturbing chorus.
Hannahmaus

Re: Argh! Interface has broken!

Post by Hannahmaus »

This problem has got much worse recently (perhaps due to Firefox updates?). It's gone from happening every couple of weeks, to happening almost every time I log in. I can get round it without even closing Firefox, by simply launching a new window. TH always works correctly in a freshly created window.

To recap, to save reading up: the problem is all menu links causing a reload of the main map (index2.php) instead of the page the menu link points to.
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

Corrupt Shadow doesn't have this problem with his Firefox browser...
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
Satan

Post by Satan »

Yeah, I don't have this problem. I /do/ have a surprisingly bad memory leak in both FF 3.5 and 3.0.10-13, though.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I get ridiculous memory leaks in just about all versions of FireFox. Have to restart everything every few days, or internet runs at maybe 1/4 speed.

I don't get THIS interface error much -- maybe once a year. Wish I knew what to suggest, other than trying other versions of FF, or resetting it now and then.