Minor bugs

For to fix what's broke, and improve what ain't. Or something thereabouts.

Moderator: Moderators

Ryme
Site Admin

Re: Minor bugs

Post by Ryme »

As a rollover message it won't ping chat and alert you there, but it darn well should show up with a "you have a new message" alert when you log out and back in.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Terce's Memo doesn't display damage dealt.

Fixed, thanks!
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Merged.

As for the complaints, HP and PP leech seem to be a little weird at the low end of the damage scale. Also, Snow Day's interaction seems slightly broken with certain activities (Bard's Play, Camp Camping Camp, and presumably the VR Center).

All of these should be working properly now.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
trog

Re: Ebon Eye of the Deep

Post by trog »

RKBrumbelow wrote:The Ebon Eye is returning 1pp per attack regardless of the damage done instead of 5%. I was on the Rooftops and happened to notice the reduced return on my Khal Thralkhar Toon.
I noticed that the Ebon Eye equation was also wrong when using the Furnace of Yeb in Sector 7-G. I was getting 5% PP return on damage, but only on a single attack. If the Furnace gave me eight attacks for total damage of 737, I got back 4PP, which is 737/8 = 92.125. 92.125*.05=4.6.

When you account for rounding, this seems to be where the mathematical error is. I wonder if this is the same problem that RKBrumbelow was having.

Should be fixed.
trog

Post by trog »

Actually, I was only getting 1PP return from the Ebon Eye while also using the Geologist's Rifle in the Guild for Imaginitive Metachronism so I siwtched to the Trident of Nodens. With the Trident, I only 5 PP return from 12 attacks for a total of 3473 damage... Is this broken because of Snow Day?

Not the Snow Day, but should be fixed. Although your PP drain taking the day off for Christmas would be sort of hilarious.
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

Okay, the stuff not respecting Snowday should be working now, although it's possible other places still have problems.

The PP and HP drain should also be working properly again. That was just a code change breaking things.

Cheers!
Kinak
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Ryme wrote:As a rollover message it won't ping chat and alert you there, but it darn well should show up with a "you have a new message" alert when you log out and back in.
It seems that you don't get any rollover-timed message notifications if you were logged in during the rollover. This has swallowed up gift messages, too (eg: Christmas gifts).
Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro »

Today, as I was farming SQUID discs (with ectoplasmic chains), I noticed that all of the unborn generals (copied or otherwise) were named "Ayze".
I kept track for about 10 more generals, to verify this wasn't just a strange RNG swing. Still no other general names.
I logged out, and then back in again, but I was still only fighting generals named "Ayze".
Kinak wrote:Curse you its and it's! Curse yoooooooooou!
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

Sanjuro wrote:I logged out, and then back in again, but I was still only fighting generals named "Ayze".
Should be back to normal now.

Cheers!
Kinak
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

ummm.....what?
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

404'd!
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

crap, thanks a lot imagevenue...

Thanks, should be good now.
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

Trying to train at level 50 without having the robot quest done gives me the following:

"You're not supposed to be here."

Which is true, however maybe this text should be replaced with something like

"You want to train but you don't know anyone that can train you beyond your current level"

if the player's lever is >=50 and the robot quest isn't finished.

Fixed, thanks!
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

The Guild for Imaginative Metachronism First Aid Tent

If you blame jousting it heals you for free, however the nav.php frame doesn't update to reflect the healing as it does when you pay for it.

Fixed!
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

1st Aid tent doesn't work right.

When you heal up for free with 0 turns left, the healed HP goes away after you log out.

Fixed, thanks!
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

a couple things:

first in "Shall we play a game?" (redeeming an a.r.f. free pass)

If I click in Retry or Fail and then click on anything that would cause the page to reload ( like reloading button on browser or clicking any link in the header/nav or logging out and then back in) I'm taken back to the "Shall we play a game?" adventure.

Second, since that level 50 thingy I mentioned a couple posts above got fixed, there seems to be a problem with the header frame, seems to affect only that alt of mine that encountered the issue.

It goes away if I refresh the whole page though. (which closes the chat :/)
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Patojonas wrote:a couple things:

first in "Shall we play a game?" (redeeming an a.r.f. free pass)

If I click in Retry or Fail and then click on anything that would cause the page to reload ( like reloading button on browser or clicking any link in the header/nav or logging out and then back in) I'm taken back to the "Shall we play a game?" adventure.
I don't see anything wrong with this one. It just doesn't save the state before you've committed to an adventure, but there's nothing that can be abused.
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

I never said it was something to be abused, just that it doesn't save the choice ;)
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

erm, compared to other images that also had the tag, I suppose the new iotm image needs some cleanup :mrgreen:
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

Patojonas wrote:erm, compared to other images that also had the tag, I suppose the new iotm image needs some cleanup :mrgreen:
Yeah, noticed it looked spotty at exactly the moment I didn't have Photoshop, alas. Should be better now (may need to manually reload the image or clear cache to see it).

Cheers!
Kinak
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

Erm, I apologize for being a pain in the ass about this and I promise I'll shut up about it afterwards, but after making a mess in the wiki while uploading the new version I noticed that there are still a lot of "debris" pixels in the corners of the image, although less noticeable than in the previous image.

I guess all the other pictures in the wiki Wok of Stars page being so neat makes this one stand out a little :mrgreen:
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

Patojonas wrote:Erm, I apologize for being a pain in the ass about this and I promise I'll shut up about it afterwards, but after making a mess in the wiki while uploading the new version I noticed that there are still a lot of "debris" pixels in the corners of the image, although less noticeable than in the previous image.
Either our monitors are set up vastly differently or I'm going blind, but I did some more cleanup. If it's not good now, I have no idea what to tell you other than "go get a copy of Photoshop" :lol:

Cheers!
Kinak
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

Your 2 Daylight Saving Blankets (short) been moved to your storage area
seems the "have" is missing, might affect the long version as well...

Fixed, for all items with custom plurals.
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

adding 1 or 2 is ok, removing one is ok as well, but removing 2 shows this:
Daylight Saving Blankets (long) been moved to your inventory
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

When using dulce de diamante and sugar purifier, it doesn't show the normal use addon (the bit about it being more sweet).
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Reformed Arsonist won't keep a given name when using the Advanced Naming Tool.

Fixed, thanks!
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

The current iotm says July 2011 Item of the Month instead of 2012.

Also, the spy hot hair balloon image needs cleanup, there's some debris around the bottom left corner (if you check it on the wiki and click the image there's a zoomed version, might help see it. Also might depend on the screen angle, in my screen looking at the pic from below makes it more evident :P)

There's a few other images tagged by Muhandes in here: http://th.blandsauce.com/wiki/Category:Minor_Bugs (although even I can't see what's wrong with the Polychloroprene gloves :P )
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

I'm not even sure if it counts as a "minor" bug if I have to blow the image up 1600% to see the problem :P

Fixed that and the date, though.

I go through the wiki's bug tag periodically, so the ones on there will probably just be a bit.

Cheers!
Kinak
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

Heh, I tagged it as bug because that's what those before me did to similar issues :P

By the way, the Spy hot hair balloon now reads: June 2012 Item of the Month instead of July :wink:

Anyway, thanks for the quick fix and thumbs up for a really cool iotm :D
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

Patojonas wrote:By the way, the Spy hot hair balloon now reads: June 2012 Item of the Month instead of July :wink:
The right month and year? So demanding.
Patojonas wrote:Anyway, thanks for the quick fix and thumbs up for a really cool iotm :D
You're welcome :)

Glad you like it!

Cheers!
Kinak
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

A few things to report:

1 - The flurries messages from the S.N.O.W. Pants don't have the word "damage" in blue next to the number like all the other elemental damage messages (in their respective colours ;) ).

Should be good.

2 - Something seems to have gone wrong with this new type of elemental damage:

Intriguing, but should be fixed.

3 - Dunno if this is a bug or not but...
Spoiler: show
The bunny didn't attack, no strike backs, so what the hell killed him, the song throwing spell?

Can't find any reason at all that would happen, with either the rabbit or the colors of the wind. I'm going to assume they was frightened to death by your rabbit, but let me know if it comes up again.

4 - Just to be sure, I did submit that Major bug report didn't I?

I did. I'll be dissecting that as soon as I rebuild the Horn of Zion.
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

Seeing as there is no space between the dot and the "At the start..." I suppose a line break or two are missing.
Would make the whole text more readable too.

Lovecraftian monstrosities ate your formatting? There's an app for that.
acidcat

Post by acidcat »

Not sure if this is a bug, but the spy hot air balloon can't be used and turned back into the tux after retcon (as I'm level 1). I'm stuck with this hot airballoon. Can it be made so it can't be equipped, but able to be used please?

Fixed, thanks!
Hardware

Post by Hardware »

Not sure if this is a bug, but it seems like it should be. I have the Fast Learner skill permed, but am currently in a run that I don't have access to it. Since I don't "have" the skill at the moment, I thought that I could use the Crammer's Guide to Cramming to learn it for this run, but was told that I already know it. Shouldn't using the item somehow make the skill available to me?
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

I can see why it doesn't, but it would be nice if using it would "unlock" the skill.
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

Yeah, I'm comfortable calling that a bug. It should allow relearning now.

I also updated a few other skills to allow the same, but let me know if I missed any.

Cheers!
Kinak