Upcoming features and wish list

For to fix what's broke, and improve what ain't. Or something thereabouts.

Moderator: Moderators

Corrupt Shadow

Re: Upcoming features and wish list

Postby Corrupt Shadow » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:42 am

Sneaky bastard. ;)
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"

Strlikecrazy

Postby Strlikecrazy » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:08 pm

Mechanic's eh? Hmm.
Buying Stainless steelbreaker, n-barrelled shotgun and Seppia's cephalopod skullcap. Pm me here or ingame!

Strlikecrazy

Postby Strlikecrazy » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:43 am

Can we speculate?

Reputation + time base turns
Buying Stainless steelbreaker, n-barrelled shotgun and Seppia's cephalopod skullcap. Pm me here or ingame!

Muhandes

Postby Muhandes » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:41 am

I thought it was +combat chance, since I very seldom use that. I maximized it and adventured in almost all locations and as of now found nothing.

darkzumi

Postby darkzumi » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:46 am

Sidekick Focus Ideas! Here are some random ideas I had for different sidekick focuses that I thought would be cool and/or funny. What do you think? Any of them look good?

#1 Pyromaniac: Have a % chance depending on level for doing extra fire damage when you do a normal attack.

#2 Montage Expert: Have a % chance depending on level for reducing the duration of the turn at end of combat by 5 seconds.

#3 Magician Apprentice: Have a % chance depending on level of doing extra damage on your combat usable attack skills, such as firestorm.

#4 Distraction Expert: Have a % chance depending on level of reducing foe level (the opposite of the Mimic focus).

#5 Panhandler: Increases chips won at end of combat depending on level.

Harry Dresden

Postby Harry Dresden » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:36 am

darkzumi wrote:#5 Panhandler: Increases chips won at end of combat depending on level.

Those are some good ideas. This one already exists, though. The skill is in a book that drops during the Battle of the Bands event.

blackmatter615

Postby blackmatter615 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:57 am

Doc Igor wrote:What possible use could this be, compared to the race car driver? (-15 sec/turn vs. a chance of -5 sec/turn seems pretty damn clear which is better...)

Make it a common drop, while racecar driver is a semi-rare drop. That would even it out, though i might still consider making it -10. The semi-rare drops are stronger, more powerful versions of regular items (see: pegasus that has flying and range 5), so there could still be a niche for the montage maker inside of someone who is more focused on speed running than hunting down a semi-rare. Or, it could be useful for those who havent found the wiki yet/havent spent hours exploring it.

Thorak

Postby Thorak » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:07 am

Hello, just recently started playing this game and I have a few ideas for high lvl context:

1) Allow the skill lvl to be max(10, lvl/2) instead of 10 (for example at lvl 100, max would be 50 but at lvl 1 max would still be 10 as it is now). This would allow high lvl players to get something to do with their skillpoints. Obviously this would need some balancing to not be too powerful for some skills.

2) Add special items which can be upgraded for chips/quests/ingredients. The upgrade should also increase the lvl requirement of the item depending on the power of the upgrade. Here is an example to get an idea what I mean:
- A shop is added which sells items which have no lvl restriction but could be upgraded. Let's assume you buy a shirt with 1 power and no other bonuses.
- Now, a feature could be added to allow to upgrade that shirt with let's say an additional 10 power (to a total of 11). This should also increase the lvl requirement for the shirt to let's say 2. Now assume the player wants to add 1 damage reduction to the shirt to make it 11 power, 1 damage reduction. This would put the lvl requirement to 3 (these numbers might not be totally balanced but you get the general idea). Different bonuses should probably add different amount of lvl req depending on slot of item or restrict bonuses to certain slots
- To upgrade an item, some kind of resource should be needed. The most simple is chips, but a mechanism like IOU's (where you make a daily quest and gets the resource needed to upgrade) could be used. Another idea is that +dam requires a certain ingredient, + defence power another (dropped from villains/monsters) and so on.

Both these ideas will give a bit more context to higher lvls but will mostly not affect low lvl players (since the created items will be weaker than the ones that exists today anyway). The main issue with both these ideas is the game balance so if implemented I suggest they start out too weak rather than too strong at first...

Return to “Testing & Debugging”