Creative player ideas for in-game items, zones, etc.

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

BongBob wrote: (and not too difficult to implement :wink: )
You'd be wrong about that. Extra equipment slots would require redoing large portions of very complicated and fundamental pages, as well as the database. Not that it couldn't be done, but it's not easy by any means.
neocamp22

Post by neocamp22 »

I think Socket's second point is very important for stimulating trade and interactions. Right now, I can think of only four farmable items that are in demand, and, really, there isn't much demand at all for them (logos, enerbun, white pills, crystals).
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

BongBob wrote:Saturday Light Naive!
Very funny.

Concept as a whole is a good one, too. I did recently put in a time-based adventure (only triggerable during certain hours), though Jax and a certain badge did that long ago. Day-based would be good as well.

/em is apparently impervious to the cheeseburger/cat or bucket/walrus meme, though.
neocamp22

Post by neocamp22 »

Okay, so

You buy some sort of special brewing machine from the twilight underground, highly dangerous and untested. Install it in your hideout

There are various ingredients you can find that are stimulants

You place three in the machine, along with an energy drink

These ingredients plus the effects of the energy drink cost the same amount of caffeine as the energy drink and you automatically drink the concoction before it gets cold, loses some potency (solves db issue)

Possible ingredients effects?

Stats
Time
Chips
Items
Damage

Some combos could have synergies that give bonuses on top of this.

So, if you have a bray (120 minutes, 5 caffeine)
Ingredient 1: Taurine - +10% chips
Ingredient 2: Guarana - +25 minutes
Ingredient 3: Ginseng - +10% Strength

You'd get a 5 caffeine 145 minute +10% chips, 10% strength energy drink. Sounds overpowered, right? Except you had to farm three ingredients, and use up a valuable bray. That's prolly 12k right there. But the madness does not stop, oh no it doesn't!

If you put in an ingredient on top of an already powerful drink, the amount of stimulant will give you a crash after the high wears off (the high = the amount of time the drink gives). So the following applies to Teas and Bray/Scalpels.

Now, three slots, right? Imagine there are five categories of components.
Stats
Time
Chips
Items
Damage

Now, each category requires a different antidote for when the high/effect wears off. Else, you'll get a nasty crash. (The crash gets worse for each antidote missing). So, next to each box for the ingredient, is a box for antidote. You can choose to put it in or not. Now, here's the interesting part.

Each class gets a skill to summon two antidote per day. Except that each class is tied to a category. But neo, you say, there are five categories. Ah my friend, this is where my brilliant brain said, "neo, don't give a class time, it's too powerful!". So time is given to every class, the second item in the summon. Or, maybe you can buy two per day, one appropriate to class and one for time.

And, of course, this is to promote trading and stuffs, so the actual ingredients for bonuses are farmable.

Yay!

So that
5 caffeine 145 minute +10% chips, 10% strength energy drink.
is actually closer to 15k, if you want to prevent bad effects afterward.

Sounds a bit complicated, but it can be made simple for the end user. Say the following (with more wit and humor):
This machine is capable of mixing various ingredients you've stumbled upon in your nightly travels into your stash of energy drinks, making very potent concoctions. Be careful when adding stimulants to already powerful drinks such as Mr. Teas or Energy Drinks, as you may need antidotes to prevent a crash.

(You will drink your concoction immediately after brewing!)

On one side there seems to be a place to pour in your drink base:
Drink:

The other side has several compartments, that seems to come in pairs:
Ingredient 1: Antidote 1:
Ingredient 2: Antidote 2:
Ingredient 3: Antidote 3:

If multiple of the same ingredient is entered, give an appropriate error, if antidotes are entered for non teas/brays, either eat them or say they are unneeded, or entirely ignore them.

(White pills don't work in the machine. It needs liquids for the base)
Edit: Obviously, the effects would last for the length of +time of the created energy drink.... (or maybe the base drink time :/)
Satan

Post by Satan »

bamse wrote:That's probably why there's only one slot available for accessories in SR.
Yep :p Although, I actually did go through and revamp equipment handling, so it wouldn't be /all/ that hard to change now, since it's got a bit better coding. But I think we're going to stick with one just for simplicity.
neocamp22

Post by neocamp22 »

Superhero trading cards?
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

And some kind of minigame with them would be even better...but that's so over the top. >.>
Satan

Post by Satan »

As FF 8 and 9 have taught us, trading card minigames aren't all that fun. :/
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

You could use a card engine of some sort. Or base it on an existing card game system.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

How about an easier way of searching through players? Arrow buttons next to player ID numbers so that we can go back and forth without having to do "/whois", perhaps.
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

Or even better, have the ability to show 50 character ID's at a time, and scroll through that.

EDIT: On a completely unrelated note, a few people were talking about turns and time and stuff, and an idea popped into my head: choice adventures which have options that take different amounts of time. For instance, you can take 100 chips or you can spend a few extra minutes and get 300 XP. Obviously something like that would have to be fleshed out much more, but I just thought that could be interesting.
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Well, Harry wanted to look at the profiles, not just the names.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Harry Dresden wrote:How about an easier way of searching through players? Arrow buttons next to player ID numbers so that we can go back and forth without having to do "/whois", perhaps.
I find it hard to believe anyone will find this particularly useful, but it's an easy fix and it was requested twice today, so ... Done!
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

You'd be surprised. :)
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

There are no fingerless leather gloves!
Sure, we have plain leather gloves, but you can't do any technical work with those.
I suggest either a recipe of leather gloves + some knife = fingerless leather gloves or have leather gloves firecrackerable into fingerless leather gloves and gloveless leather fingers.
Because do you know how hard it is to decide between being able to type and punching somebody in the face?

Also, more equipment synergies, like some glove and steel/brass knuckles being better for some reason. I don't know. It just came to mind as I was typing this.
Now, if this guy would stop bleeding all over the place, I would be able to think more clearly about it.
<==
Well, I've got a hat!
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

Both the egg and the chicken would have to be offered in the store. And turn into eachother.
<==
Well, I've got a hat!
Carygon Nijax

Post by Carygon Nijax »

loved the description of the egg...

but I want a new sidekick, something like Robin (who can saystupid phrases while you fight -to make you laugh :lol: - ) but less gay...
Top 10 on the Total Post list