Creative player ideas for in-game items, zones, etc.

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Carygon Nijax

Re: Creative player ideas for in-game items, zones, etc.

Post by Carygon Nijax »

Wrong Zy..

Ideas are never "smart" or "stupid"

Ideas are "practical" or "not too usefull"
Top 10 on the Total Post list
Kurg

Post by Kurg »

What about 4 new full-time sidekicks based on the existing classes? Like...

Novice Naturalist: Some damage absorpition, physical damage to enemies
Novice Gadgeteer: Low +item bonus for base metals(scavenges mechanical foes you defeated), maybe heals you some HP once in a while?
Novice Elementalist: Blast of random elemental damage at foes once in a while?
Novice Psion: Not sure, does psychic damage to foes once in a while?

Yes, the names suck and the idea isn't particularly original or inspiring, but I think it would make sense that there would be sidekicks that roughly corrispond to classes.
Also, these sidekicks would overall give minor benefits, but they would ALWAYS scale - they'd have no level cap.

edit: also, what about some special sidekicks that have better than average bonuses, but also give disadvantages? For example a sidekick that gives -chips(say it takes a small share of your combat profits.)
Accounts: Kurg is my main, then there's Zap/Zorzos/Kalios who are (mostly)unused multis.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

I know Ryme doesn't want things torn down, but...
Suzaku-nim wrote:Obtainable from: Creepy Old House
-> Trade in: 1 shimmering chaos, 2 pieces of tok'l ore, 1 shan carapace, 2 strange fungi, 5 seeds of Azathoth, 3 Lemurian fragments, 14k chips
You're offering something that is far more powerful than anything else in the game, potentially more powerful than everything else in the game combined, for... pennies, effectively. The UR items made from the Shimmering Chaos require level 55 (vs 20), 18 creepy components (vs 13), and 100k chips (vs 14k). Furthermore, it's unlocking new zones, huge permanent boosts, limitless access to hard to acquire items, limited immortality for no cost 4 times per day, a flat reduction of turn length to 2.5 minutes below the current minimum, the single greatest source of +XP, and a freakishly large PP and HP regen.

1 UR, 13 cheap bits of misc. equipment and 14k for that? Hell, we could make it a 100 star Item of the Month and they'd still sell. I know I'd buy one.

We're always interested in new ideas from players, and I gather that it's heavily influenced by a game, but... it's a bit much.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Satan

Post by Satan »

Which is why we suggest tweaks. I think the item itself needs to be toned down, but the idea of opening up a new zone with this thing sounds pretty neat. I think it'd need 2 shimmering chaosii, at the least, though, so I don't know if Ryme would approve of multi-UR content.
zyborg

Post by zyborg »

Suzaku-nim wrote:I'v got this set of ideas from the games Chrono Trigger/Chross, tough you may not want to have some of the stuff at the End Of Time as is.
Oh well, take a look anyways ^^

Quantum-Link to The End Of Time

Plural: istances of a Quantum-Link to The End Of Time
This is one of the strangest things you've ever seen. It looks something like a bit of shimmering caos - if you get what I mean; if that wasn't weird enough, it turns into some sort of pillar of light whenever you mouth 'Chrono' or 'Tempus/Spatium'. Stranger still, you can actually step inside said pillar of light and fling about and through the world's time-space countinua like some kind of forgotten, time-traveling ancient hero, by going through the End Of Time.

Transportation
Range: infinite
Level Required: 50 // edited
Item cannot be sold
Item cannot be placed in a memento display
Item cannot be auto-sold

Grants wearer the ability to fly
Grants wearer the ability to breathe under water
Grants wearer the ability to access locations outside normal time-space
Grants wearer the ability to access locations from the past (through TEOT) **
Reduces turn duration by 1 minute // edited

recover 0.08*Level PP each turn (no CAP) // edited
recover 0.08*Level HP each turn (no CAP) // edited
XP earings + 8% // edited

Usable
-> Access the End Of Time

Combat Usable
-> Escape current flow of time for full recovery (PP & HP back to MAX), and then reenter at same point in time-space continua
=@ Can only be used 3 times each day // edited

Obtainable:
-> as lotM // edited

-> or: use [Theory of Chronolysis] item while having 2 [shimmering chaos] in inventory, and having (regardless of whetever equipped or not) {Crystallizer of Dreams} as well {Shining Trapezohedron} (only [shimmering chaos] and [Theory of Chronolysis] will be used up).

Theory of Chronolysis
Plural: None, can get only 1
This a dark book coming from not-even-god-knows-where, detailing on many theories on quantum pyhisics, 'time', 'reality' and the inner workings of the so-called space-time countinuum.

Miscellaneous Item
Item cannot be traded or sold
Item cannot be auto-sold

Usable

How Obtained //edited chances\\

The Depths of Space

* Unknown Phenomena // One-Time Advendure (0.48% chance of appearing)

The Ancient Crypts

* Unknown Phenomena // One-Time Advendure (0.84% chance of appearing)

When Used

You read through the theories on time-space continua and quantum physics of this dark book. It lists countless theories on the nature of 'reality' and 'time'. Do we have anything to possibly try out these theories with?
Test Object Samples wanted Samples available
[Shimmering chaos] 2 n
{Crystallizer of Dreams} 1 n
{Shining Trapezohedron} 1 n

**1st time only - permanent bouns ::: Intellect + Level / Reflexes + Level/3 / reduces duration of 'Uneasy' effect by 50% / max PP + 0.8*Level -//- edited
Reading through this massive, brain-straining dark book switftly but with some healthy criticism ... you gain some new -tough somewhat unearthly- knowledge as well as an increased readieness dealing with the dark, unkown side of reality.

If you don't have all the samples

Not enough samples...we cannot test these theories like this!

If you have the parts

It looks like you've got your samples to test this all. What Would you like to do?

[[Test the theories & burn the boook!]] ---> get [Quantum-Link to The End Of Time], consume the [Theory of Chronolysis] and [Shimmering chaos]

(Area outside the "normal" space-time continua)

The End Of Time

Sub-Areas: Map of 'Present'; 'Past' Events/Areas on Map (-> select then date); Chronolysis Shift (aka: Alternate Timeline)[/color]

Buildings: //edited\\
Refreshement Shop (most caffeine/sugar/bedtime consumables at stock price, but limited availaibility);
The Restorer's Shop (most HP/PP recovery & malus-removal consumables @stock price, limited availaibility);
The Booster's Shop (most bouns-giving consumables at stock price, but limited availaibility);
The Reseller's Shop (sells other consumable/usable items, randomly changes which & their avail. amount);

**Talk to the Old Man - to learn about the place (or, should I say time?), the quests you can get there and/or in an "Alternate Timeline" of this planet, as well as the transdimensional mounstrousity that threatens
to devour all of this planet's space-time continua.

** If possible at all
That is a really cool idea. I really like Chrono Trigger, and I think additional areas like that would be cool. However, a prehistoric zone with dinosaurs wouldn't work, as there is already the Triassic Bestiary. What kinds of zones would you be thinking of for this?
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

real dinosaurs would likely be much tougher...
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

I suppose I could have added Ghroth, but he'd be hard to kill.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Suzaku-nim wrote:Level 15 - Blessing of the Original Heavenly Spirits
Effect: The forces of nature and luck are on your side! Resist 12% of all damage; 8% chance of negating all non-physical damage (fire,ice,sonic,eletric,psychic,frusion). Reflexes +5%; Intellect +5%.
Duration: 30 + 3*X minutes
PP Cost: 40 - 3*X PP
:shock:
Kurg

Post by Kurg »

Suzaku-nim wrote: Anyhows, maybe you meant the % resist/negate were low? If so:

Code: Select all

Resist damage (all types) +(12+X)%; (8+6.5X)% chance of negating non-physical ("elemental") damage
12% resistance to everything, 8% chance of negating elemental damage...you do realize that's extremely powerful?
Accounts: Kurg is my main, then there's Zap/Zorzos/Kalios who are (mostly)unused multis.
Satan

Post by Satan »

12% of all damage isn't all that much, considering... You have to be in a very small margin of potentially dying/winning for it to push you out of dying and into winning. and 8% chance to block elemental damage really isn't all that much either. If anything, the PP cost is probably too high for what it does.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Satan wrote:12% of all damage isn't all that much, considering... You have to be in a very small margin of potentially dying/winning for it to push you out of dying and into winning. and 8% chance to block elemental damage really isn't all that much either. If anything, the PP cost is probably too high for what it does.
... are you kidding?

Elemental resist is capped at 25%; this gives a chance for 100%. The only item in the game with percentage DA takes an equipment slot, only provides 10%, and requires level 40; this gives 12%, doesn't use any slots and requires level 15.
Satan

Post by Satan »

Last time I checked, elemental resist is capped at 50%. And what are you talking about? This would raise the cap to 62%, /if/ Ryme didn't make it so that the total resist was still capped at 50% with the 12% or not. And the 8% negation is basically an elemental only miss. What kind of math were you doing to get 100% elemental resist out of this? What I'm saying is, consider the amount of damage that 12% would deduct. 100 damage*.88 = 88. Is it really that powerful? 500*.88 = 440. It's still a substantial amount of damage you're taking. It is not a win button.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Cristiona wrote:Elemental resist is capped at 25%;
50%, isn't it?
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Satan wrote:What kind of math were you doing to get 100% elemental resist out of this?
Gee, I don't know, Satan. Maybe the part where he said "8% chance of negating all non-physical damage".
Satan

Post by Satan »

That's different from elemental resist :/ It's an 8% chance to make an elemental attack miss. Tell me where you think this would be a god-send. If you really, really need to make an elemental attack miss, 8% is a lot to gamble on. And this is /per round/. The odds that you'd even block the elemental damage a second time are horribly low.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Satan wrote:That's different from elemental resist :/ It's an 8% chance to make an elemental attack miss.
It's elemental immunity. You're telling me that even at an 8% chance you wouldn't like to have 200k ice damage from a SnoBot completely and utterly ignored?
Satan

Post by Satan »

Cristiona wrote:
Satan wrote:That's different from elemental resist :/ It's an 8% chance to make an elemental attack miss.
It's elemental immunity. You're telling me that even at an 8% chance you wouldn't like to have 200k ice damage from a SnoBot completely and utterly ignored?
Perhaps you didn't finish my post. Say that you do manage to avoid that 200k ice damage for /one/ round. This is a freakin' powerful S7G bot. Odds that you can take it down in the round after that are low. You have a .64% chance to have it miss twice. If you're insane enough to risk that and think it's greatly helping you in S7G, you need to take a class on risk management. And perhaps statistics and logic.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Satan wrote:Perhaps you didn't finish my post. Say that you do manage to avoid that 200k ice damage for /one/ round.
How many times have you died in S7G because you mistimed a deck? A one-round bail-out is all you'd need. Furthermore, this is a skill. If it took a valuable equipment slot, it might be getting close to being in the same time zone as balanced. And this is just one aspect of it.
Satan

Post by Satan »

Only when I'm fighting it outside the bounds that I should. When it gets to the point that I can't finish it off usually within the span of 2 rounds, it means it's time to upgrade my methods. I highly doubt that the 8% block chance is going to be something I could rely on enough to post-pone upgrading my methods. And this is a buff, which takes resources all the same. You think this is more powerful than it is. It's not going to significantly help you in any aspect of the game, it's just going to slightly dampen attacks and occasionally nullify elemental damage :/
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Since you asked...
Suzaku-nim wrote: Level 13 - Elemental Spirit
Sidecick/Effect : you summon a Spirit resisting/absorbing (with a 2.5X % chance) all non-physical damage (fire,ice,sonic,eletric,psychic,frusion) and reflecting (always) its own element. You have to choose which elemental Spirit to summon (either fire, ice, sonic or eletric Spirit). Also attacks, dealing damage of its own element (possibly: use egyptian knife fighter formula, cap at level 55).
Cap at 55 is rather ridiculous, but it's a temporary sidekick. Frankly, they're not going to be used. On the other hand, you seem to have a habit of jamming as much stuff as possible into everything. Compare this to the other summonable sidekicks. Wolf, Buffalo, Wind Warrior all just attack. Nothing more. You have (at max, assuming that's what the X is) 25% chance of completely eliminating all elemental damage, always reflecting keyed damage back, and it attacks.
Duration: 45 + 4.5*X minutes, cap 90 minutes (even on multi-cast)
This makes no sense. Why bother capping the duration? All that does is create busy work.
PP Cost: (20 - X)% max PP
While this is an interesting concept, it actively punishes players for leveling (and thus increasing their max PP and the cost of the spell).
Level 15 - Blessing of the Original Heavenly Spirits
Effect: The forces of nature and luck are on your side! Resist/absorb (12+X+Level/12)% (cap at 30%) of all damage; X% chance of negating all non-physical damage (fire,ice,sonic,eletric,psychic,frusion). Reflexes +5%; Intellect +5%.
This is still ridiculous, and arguably even moreso now. Before, it resisted 12% of physical damage (again, compare it to the Crystallizer of Dreams), now it can resist up to 30%. You've also increased the odds of completely ignoring elemental damage.

Oh, and it randomly boosts two stats.
Duration: 30 + 3*X minutes, cap 60 minutes (even on multi-cast)
Again, I don't understand the limit. All that means is every 13 turns or so I have to recast, as opposed to casting a bunch from the get-go.
PP Cost: 40 - 1.5*X PP
25PP. Stone Armor gives 10% resist to three elements and costs 12PP.
Also, I'm awaiting some comments on the lvl16-skill proposal ... since that was the most heavy-down one.
Frankly, I have no idea what it does, but I can tell you right that point 5 (which removes utter wretchedness) ain't gonna fly.

I can see that you're putting a lot of thought into these things, but you're also pumping insane amounts of power into them as well. Take a look at this thread, especially the link to what the current skills do and try to get a feel for power levels. Look at, for instance, the existing level 15 skills:

Naturalist: Summon Water Buffalo (temporary sidekick that attacks; 20PP)
Psion: Biofeedback (+15% fire, ice, sonic, and psychic resistance; 10PP)

Or for level 13:

Naturalist: Spines of the Echidna (8 strikeback; 12PP)
Gadgeteer: Shock Grenade (low sonic damage, slight debuff; 13PP)
Psion: Psionic Blast (psychic damage; 15PP)

There's nothing wrong with power (the clock zones show that), but it needs to be at least somewhat balanced with what surrounds it. The clock gear is powerful, especially when taken against weak foes (ie: my 20k damage against a pickpocket with the Furnace), but when used against things of the appropriate level, they become less godlike and more necessary for survival. A level 70 character is going to make mincemeat out of the Cube no matter what they're using, but when they're in the Crypt or a scaling zone, then it matters; then they're in a zone that the Furnace was designed for.

Now, I know Satan completely disagrees with me, but the two spells I've gone into here are more fitting for extremes. If we had level 50 spells, they'd be fine there, but at level 13 and 15, they're ridiculously powerful, and only get more insane as the player levels. And, again, skills and spells take more care in balancing because they don't take an equipment slot. I currently have 16 buffs running (and 5 more with class passives, 4 more with earned passives), but if they took equipment slots, I can't imagine I'd bother with more than about three or four of them; however, since they don't it's worth it to pile them all on because there's no reason not to. Additionally, when retcon rolls around, you have to imagine what effect any give skill will have on a level 1 player with all 10 levels.

Imagine a level 1 character using 10% of their PP (so... 1 or 2 points) to summon a sidekick for 90 minutes that gives them a 25% chance of ignoring elemental damage, damage reflection, and attacking.

Or a level one player putting on a silver star, and then buffing them self for 90 minutes with 22% damage absorbtion and a 10% chance of ignoring elemental damage.

Or that same level 1 character with both.
Satan

Post by Satan »

I disagree with Cris assuming that I disagree with her. I take a stance of active apathy.
Satan

Post by Satan »

Just had a thought for a gadgeteer skill. A buff, vehicle tune-up, which allows the vehicle's range to be extended for the duration of the buff.

EDIT: I guess I didn't read the Gadgeteer skills carefully on the manual proposal. Or it was recently added since I last saw it.
Carygon Nijax

Post by Carygon Nijax »

Satan wrote:Just had a thought for a gadgeteer skill. A buff, vehicle tune-up, which allows the vehicle's range to be extended for the duration of the buff.

I like it
Top 10 on the Total Post list
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Suzaku-nim wrote:OK, so having it attack too would be kind of too much - and that's that. However, is a max chance of 0.25 really that much (0% chance with X=0 skill points invested, at X=5 chance 12.5%)?
Compare it to the other summonable sidekicks. They only attack. Nothing else. One of them has a lesser and a greater attack, and another one has a class of foes it cannot attack. If you stripped the reflection and left the attack, you'd have a pretty beefy sidekick, but it would be closer to some other preventers (smart-alek kid, gnoph-keh, Jujitsu expert). I would probably put its block at (2 + X)% instead of (1.25X). I would also remove frusion (since its a special thing) and add acid.
As for the PP Cost: it's relatively high to somewhat limit usage of the skill, tough something like PP-cost = (0.75*Level + 25 - 2X) PP would probably work better ... I just hadn't tought about the cost for PP-recovery.
Honestly, if you want a high cost, just give it a high cost. Not everything needs to be complicated. My alt, Molly Jones, is level 2. Her cost would be 6.5. Me, at level 151, would have a cost of 118.25. Again, you're punishing players for leveling, which is something you don't want to do. To say nothing of trailing decimals and overly complicated costs. Look at Water Buffalo; it's level 15 and has a flat 20PP cost. Since Elementals are PP-heavy, have a cost-reducing second tier talisman, and this is a pretty potent sidekick, it could just have a flat cost of 20. If you want to further limit it, work with the duration (again, look at Buffalo: duration = 30 + 6X).

Code: Select all

Resist/absorb (5+X)% + Level/5
. The chance of negating non-physical(excludes acid too) damage isn't that high even on max, so I don't see the issue there.
(5+10)% + (151/5) = 45.2%

Again, there's only one item that gives blanket percentage damage absorption. It takes a valuable equipment slot (off-hand), it requires level 40, and it only gives 10%. At level 40, your skill is giving 23%. At level one, you're giving 15%. The second the character gets this skill, when they've spent no points, they're getting 8%. At level 15. With no equipment being used. Compared to 10%, taking a slot, and being level 40.

And negating non-physical damage is big. No skill, no equipment can do that. The only thing that can negate damage are sidekicks, and the ones that do tend to have very low fire rates. Sure, 10% isn't very frequent, but you're also giving blanket reduction to all damage all the time and percentage stat boosts. Any one of these abilities would probably be okay with further work, but having all four is insane.
As for those stat-boosts you think 'random': well, they could be removed from the idea too, they are pretty much just a sign of the hero wanting to help him/herself (+dodge, +initiative)
Then why didn't you give +dodge or +initiative? That would be more directly helpful and noticeable.

And while I've largely ignored the stat boosts, I'd like to point out that they're wildly out of line with other skills as well. For one, other skills boost a single stat, or a main stat and a secondary stat. For example, Memory of the Elephant boots Int and PP. Upgrade Armor: Initiative (which takes two skills) gives 8Ref and 10Init. Having Ref and Int probably isn't too outrageous, but is out of line with other skills. Having percentage boosts is... pretty big. Sure, a huge boost to Ref isn't the end of the world, but it can quickly become a lot. My Elemental alt is currently level 70. With this skill, I'd get +20 Ref and +23 Int. On my main account, I'd get... hundreds of points.

Again, 23 Int on a level 70 character isn't a huge deal, but spells have an Intelligence bonus. We don't know what that is, but presumably +23Int would be noticeable.

But still, if you wanted it to be a dodge and initiative boost (which doesn't really fit how I view Elementals), you could just make it a dodge and initiative boost. Which wouldn't be so bad for a skill on its own. It's just sorta overkill here.
On another note: the level 16 skill I proposed serves pretty much just to activate an effect ("Magic: <pre-chosen element>") which, in turn, enables usage of magic of a pre-chosen element ... and that would show up as an in-battle menu (pretty much like an extra Skills-Menu) from which to use the known mageries (details on those I tought under the skill's description).
That seems like a like of coding and reworking existing frameworks.

Also, something else to consider: Ryme has shown that he has ideas for what he wants for the three missing Elemental skills: water-themed for 13, a sidekick for 15, and elemental absorption for 16.

Your level 13 sidekick could fit at level 15. A "rock golem" doesn't fit for its current form as a stunner (those are usually agile or annoying), but it could work as a blocker. A slight tweak to what you have to change it from a percentage chance of preventing damage to absorbing a percentage of the damage would be possible (see: Ferric Man, Byakhee, Free Dummy).

Your level 15 skill could very easily slide into the level 16 slot with more work. I would ditch the blanket percentage damage absorption and the skill boost, and just focus on fine-tuning the elemental resistance. Perhaps a low percentage absorption for elemental damage only, and having it be capped. Instead of level being in the equation, just something like 1+X elemental damage absorption. Yes, that maxes out at 11%, but its restricted to elemental damage as opposed to all damage.

I think your level 16 skill is just too complicated to fit into a skill with the game's architecture and back-end. Perhaps picking an effect you like and making it water-themed. Or, actually... your +dodge/initiative idea for you 15 skill could easily fit a watery theme and go in at level 13 ("Calling upon the elemental essence of water, you find your actions more fluid and slippery. Your foes will be hard pressed to connect with you."). Could be a spell, or a passive bonus, really.

Satan wrote:EDIT: I guess I didn't read the Gadgeteer skills carefully on the manual proposal. Or it was recently added since I last saw it.
That was there from the beginning.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Suzaku-nim wrote:I hadn't stated it the right way because there is no actual (technical) info on how restistance and absorption work.
I'm not sure what more information you need. Elemental resistance resists a percentages of the elemental damage. Damage absorption absorbs a fixed amount of physical damage, with one exception which is a level 40 item that absorbs percentage.

You can also use the tables to see what reasonable numbers are. For instance, damage absorption is quite limited. The only way to get more than 10 is offhand items, sacrificing an important slot (no black boxing for instance). Some care had been taken not to give it at lower levels.
zyborg

Post by zyborg »

I'm thinking that there should be some Winter Olympics-themed items. Perhaps some ice-elemental gear (either doing or resisting ice damage), or some ice skates increasing reflexes? Maybe one of those weird sequin suits the skaters wear, increasing combat adventures?
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Somebody said curling, which would be fun. Or "straightening" as a new twist.

Figure skating tutu? Spandex body suits in bright colors? The five floating rings of fate?
seventhcross

Post by seventhcross »

Just wanted to put down the beginings of some of my skill ideas, after having seen Ryme's list. This is just a start and I will be elaborating more as I explore the initial concepts, but feel free to suggest changes as you like.

Elemental
15-Rock Golem: as we already have the buffalo and wind warrior, I'd like to see this sidekick have defensive properties. perhaps attack blocking or damage absorption?
16- Energy Absorption: I really like this idea, but I was wondering if it may be overpowered to "absorb" elemental damage even if you limit it to fire/ice/electric. (I assume that absorb means to gain hp back from those attacks) perhaps this would either be a set elemental absorption or else a choice of one of the three to be absorbed.
13- Water Power: I've had several different concepts with this one so here's a list of names/concepts
Holy Water/ Gives a bonus to attacks and to damaging undead. Wait, what? sorry, that may be the wrong game :lol:
Still Waters/ Passive skill simulating someone with a calm demeanor. perhaps initiative bonus and/or dodge bonus
Ocean's Fury/ passive skill or personal buff that increases weapon damage
Bounty of the Sea/ passive or personal skill that increases chip and/or item drops by a small amount. "As the rain washes debris into the streams, which carry it to the sea, so your control of water allows you to wash your opponents clean of their goodies." (I like this one, but I'm a diamond)
Typhoon or Tidal Wave/ Attack power that stuns your opponent and causes them mediocre damage.

Gadgeteer
15- Upgrade Vehicle: I like this one already. I don't think there is much that I could add to this one. I say implement it as is. 8)
9- Upgrade Hideout: I kinda hate to do this to ya Ryme, but I like the upgrade theme that the Gadgeteer has going on. (none of these would actually change the hideout) so, here they are...
Trophy Room) +xp per turn as you can check out past victories
Lounge) + sidekick effectiveness and/or bonus for resting there
Security System) ??? Not sure what this could do, as I said just a begining here.
Vault) again, not sure yet what this one would actually do either just another idea that sounded interesting to me.
Training Room) yep, see previous two entries :wink:

Psion
14- Psychic Imprint: This one is kind of a wacky idea, but sounded fun when I thought of it. Perhaps I was just a little to tired at the time though... Anyway, the idea is that a Psion can read an item and see who used it last and learn something from how they used it. this power would give them a bonus to their equipped items based on how many of that item they had in their inventory. what kind of bonus and exactly what type of items is easily debatable. I'd like to see a small percentage increase in the effects of the items more than to have a power increase, but either would work. and weapons and offhand items would seem to be the best targets for this power as they are the items that actually must be "used" while they are equipped.

The first thoughts, written down. (or typed up, however you want to look at it I guess :P )
Kurg

Post by Kurg »

Suzaku-nim wrote:In my idea ... The EOT areas wouldn't be on main map, and would enable traveling to "present time" locations // locations (as well as 'recurring' events) that were available in the past but got "locked" // alternate timeline(s)/story(s) // possibly some areas from the far-off future. This would also mean there would come in a need to come up with some possible timelines ("histories") for the world and decide which to use as the default one ... and from there any and all realated quests. But oh well, this was just an idea of mine. And, by the way, I wasn't intending to have the past/future areas or related story directly ripped off the Chrono Series.
Just had a crazy idea that I just want to mention...what if instead of new areas, you could travel back to OLD areas and re-experience old events(stuff like the Mines, Hyde Park...)? Could be a pain to code, but it might be interesting, it also means that it will be possible for people to get some event items even if they weren't around(and without having to trade for them, which might not work too well since the items would be around in a limited amount)

However, it would have to be VERY expensive to avoid being unbalanced ..(say every adventure 'in the past' would cost lots of minutes because of time dilation, or because it's very fatiguing, or something like that..)