Creative player ideas for in-game items, zones, etc.

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

MagiNinjA

Re: Creative player ideas for in-game items, zones, etc.

Post by MagiNinjA »

They're already in development. Begging only wastes time.
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

I hope you were joking there, because I'm not. And everyone else takes offense for, again, wasting time.

Pertaining to thread:

Random idea. A labyrinth, in reference to the Icarus/minotaur mythology. Maybe like how SSW does mazes? Perhaps? And giant end boss!

And wax wings.
Satan

Post by Satan »

An actual maze would be fun, but it'd be new enough to warrant significant recoding to how adventures are called up. Probably.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Heh.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Blink wrote:Asshole.
Nice try at a comeback, but not quite. You're almost there, though! Also, I don't get paid for nothing (actually yes, I don't get paid exactly for being an asshole).

And please, I get called an asshole for pointing out that patience is a virtue? In rougher words, of course. Nonetheless, the topic HAS come up several times, and suffice to say, the answer hasn't changed. Surely you see that begging won't actually speed it up?

OH, AND ABOUT MALLS...;)

The part you missed:
MagiNinjA wrote:Maybe like how SSW does mazes?
Not similar.
Doc Igor wrote:Now, whether it's worth the effort to develop any of those ways is another issue.
Clearly. So many other things to develop that are way more worth it.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Okay guys. Let's calm it down, okay? I know we're pretty lax on the rules here, but I think direct and hostile insults are a bit over the line.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
AldenteVonTino

Post by AldenteVonTino »

If SSW is what I think it is, I can't tell you because it's a secret!

:? >IF I am right, go HERE but I could be wrong...< :?
When you do the best you can it's called a try!
If you don't you need to ask yourself why?
Just give it a thought,
And failure is worth naught.
And then like an eagle you shall fly!
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Cristiona wrote:Okay guys. Let's calm it down, okay? I know we're pretty lax on the rules here, but I think direct and hostile insults are a bit over the line.
Seconded.

Also, this is the "express your creative ideas thread" not the "tell people their ideas are bad and mock newish people who haven't read the last three years of old suggestions" thread. I'd love to see a lot less "this is bad/overpowered/not gonna work" and more of either a) silent acceptance or b) "I dunno about that exactly, but how about this variant, that expansion, or some other interpretation" kind of stuff if their suggestion inspires you to your own creative interpretation.

In short: it's nobody's job to tell people they don't think I'll use the suggestions here; it is everybody's freedom to suggest creative stuff they'd like to see, whether it'll happen or not.
Carygon Nijax

Post by Carygon Nijax »

so, you are basically asking us to lie :P
Top 10 on the Total Post list
Satan

Post by Satan »

No, he's saying don't be a douchebag. The unspoken rule. Which is now written here for you all to see.
Carygon Nijax

Post by Carygon Nijax »

I thought you would understand the " :P ", but apparently not..
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

I stopped when I stopped posting.

Leagues are not a "creative" idea. They aren't new AND they're being worked on. That's why I felt apt to comment on it. And this is beyond just this thread as well. Otherwise I'd be commenting on EVERYTHING in this thread (which I have not!).
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Doc Igor wrote:On topic... new item:
Piecemaker - ranged weapon. Power negotiable, but should be on the higher side. +noncombat chance.
Descrip: Oddly, when you're wielding this thing, it's harder to find anyone willing to let you shoot at them. Or even in their general direction. (etc.)

basically... there ought to be more options available to influence combat chances. I'm tryin' to come up with something to solve that problem...
Yes, but I thought your big complaint was a lack of +combat items :P
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Blink wrote:I suggested weapons that increased ur chances of encountering UR monsters but that got shot down. Anyone wanna take the ball and run with it?
I'm pretty sure this is an exception to Ryme's request of being constructive and that this is something that will never be done.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

[N] Corvid: Hey, we should have sick days. Like, for every so many game hours we play, we can play past time for work on a non-frayday
[N] Trog: That's a great idea.
[N] Trog: Especially if you go to work on x-number of consecutive days.
I think this could be a neat way to give people more Frayday-alikes without the whole Quitting-Your-Job thing.
Carygon Nijax

Post by Carygon Nijax »

I remember saying something about that and a lot of people telling me that would probably encourage your boss firing you... but anyway.. I support that idea
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

You were talking about calling in sick once a week, or something like that. I don't know what Cris has in mind, but something like one "sick day" for every 30-60 days of continuous play might be workable.
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Ryme likes to hear suggestions that are more specific. So going more in depth with your idea is a good idea. More than likely, he's already noticed the general idea.

By the way...it's been a while so, how about letting heroes have a hobby? The hobbies would give some kind of minor bonus but also a lot of flavor. Rockstar Batman, anyone?
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

MagiNinjA wrote:Ryme likes to hear suggestions that are more specific.
Ryme likes it when he speaks for himself. I don't have a demand for either specificity or generality in this thread, unless I say "tell me more because I'm not understanding what you've got so far."
Carygon Nijax

Post by Carygon Nijax »

I have one

Revolutionary shirt

This is a shirt that makes you feel like a revolutionary.. you want to let grow your beard, and go around south america travelin' in a motorcycle, and maybe later fight for the freedom of Cuba, or maybe anyone that crosses your path... or don't share your ideal of a world for everyone. Wait.. I'm going offtopiic... you just want to fight a lot and grow your beard, mabye it's Chuck norris' shirt

+combat
X% of strenght/intellect -optiona, that means one, both or neither-
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Ryme wrote:
MagiNinjA wrote:Ryme likes to hear suggestions that are more specific.
Ryme likes it when he speaks for himself. I don't have a demand for either specificity or generality in this thread, unless I say "tell me more because I'm not understanding what you've got so far."
So what am I doing wrong here? I couldn't find the exact quote, but I DO explicitly remember you saying that you liked specific ideas.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

MagiNinjA wrote: So what am I doing wrong here? I couldn't find the exact quote, but I DO explicitly remember you saying that you liked specific ideas.
Based on what seem to me a lot of derailed suggestions in this thread, I'm trying to discourage any a) negativity (because really, you don't need to shoot people down to tell them I won't do something; I'm just not going to do it) or b) "you're doing it wrong" corrections. Detail can be nice in a good suggestion, but it can be a horrible drag in a bad suggestion, and in either case if I do borrow I'm probably going to take one or two tiny pieces and work it in to a bunch of my own stuff, or even if I use a lot, I'm almost guaranteed to change something along the way.

Dunno what may have been said in the past (you can't find the quote and I don't remember it), but at this point I don't feel there's any need to demand more details.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Doc Igor wrote:'Lucky' shopping outfit. [type: full-body]
Description: Wearing this, you're always able to find just the perfect pair of shoes, or whatever else. And on sale, too! Of course, it's practically guaranteed to be the last one left, and you're gonna have to fight someone who thinks she has a right to your find, but you're used to that by now.
Effects: +(5-7)%item, +combat (maybe a +1 or 2% chips, maybe not)
Hm. This has potential. As a full body suit, it can sport a heftier bonus since you're giving up two slots for it. Especially since those slots are usually dedicated to -time enchantments. Perhaps something like:
lucky shopping outfit

This is essentially a track suit, but it's one that has seen more mall interiors than a whole club of early morning mall walkers. With this slick suit, you'll be able to find the best deal no matter where you are. Not just the perfect item, but it'll be on sale, and you'll probably find a couple chips in the pocket to help cover the cost. Of course, other dedicated shoppers will be jealous and ready to try and stop you, especially since you always seem to grab the last one.

Full body suit
Power: 50
Level Required: 8
Autosell value: 90

+5% item drops
+3% chips
Increased chance of combat adventures.
+2 increased foe toughness
Bit of a balancing act, since +items and +chips are so valuable, hence the pathetic power. I would have liked to have made it level 2 (to tie in with the Galleria quest), but that's too buff for that low a level.
Carygon Nijax

Post by Carygon Nijax »

World Cup

It's not for drinking, neither a thropy.. it is a radio in a shape of a cup, yeah.. I know, strange, but you have seen a lot of "stranges" around the city so, why complain about a radio that also, keeps you informed about the world cup.

weapon

increases the chances of fumbles and critical hits

the idea should be that when you attackthe messages would be like:

"GOAL, Ghana scored, and you are so happy that you jump over your oponent throwing it to the ground and kicking it several times like a soccer ball dealing X damage"
"NO That was not a fault! you are so angry with the referee that you pick it on the closest thing you have, in this case, your opponent, dealing X damage
"Uh!! a close call!! the team almost scored and you are so busy complaing about that so you don't see how bad you aimed too, you fumble!"
"The match ends and your team wins! your happyness makes you hit harder on your oponent! it's a critical hit!"

ok.. got exited because of the new messages on the weapons.. by the way, sorry for any mistake
Strlikecrazy

Post by Strlikecrazy »

I don't know if this has been mentioned before or recently, but i have an idea regarding the Grumpy Grey Giant.

Currently, it's a pain. It has very high HP, and rewards the same XP as the other S7G fights. This means it's not worth using the TNT to kill it, as it's more expensive for the same reward. Yet, according to the Wiki, it has no known resistances.

Why not make the GGG worth fighting? If it was to give more XP and had good drops, players would be happier to fight it. However, it would need more than just high HP. Why not throw resistances in, along with higher defence, certain spells/attacks/combat items being ineffective and mixed skills of its own?

I don't know if it's something Ryme doesn't care about, or likes the fact it annoys TNT users :D

But i thought it would be cool if the GGG was worth a fight.

Thoughts?
Buying Stainless steelbreaker, n-barrelled shotgun and Seppia's cephalopod skullcap. Pm me here or ingame!
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Hmm... this gives me a very silly idea...