Costume & Candy Crafting Contest - Closed October 31st, 2016

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Kinak
Site Admin

Costume & Candy Crafting Contest - Closed October 31st, 2016

Post by Kinak »

It's been a while since we had a crafting contest and, well, I still love some crafting.

All sorts of crafting are open (assembly, welding, catalyzing, and metalmorphing), but we do have a bit of a theme. Candy and costumes!

Each person can submit up an item in each of these categories (so, four total):
Created Candy - Candy made from one or more non-candy items.
Candycraft - Non-candy items made out of one or more pieces of candy.
Costume Couture - Craft a bit of costume clothing, referencing real costumes or stuff in Twilight.
Costume Completion - Craft a new item that completes a costume already in the game.

Put your entries in a post below. Feel free to edit your answers until the 19th.

I'll be rounding them up on the 19th and revealing the winners on the next podcast.

Bonus Round! I've had a request to extend the time on this until Twilight Heroes birthday aka Halloween aka the 31st.

Cheers!
Kinak
Theo

Re: Costume & Candy Crafting Contest - Closes October 19th

Post by Theo »

Welding:
Mecha Nist's Night-Vision Helmet + Clepsydra's clockwork key = Generic Steampunk Goggles

Assembly:
Generic Steampunk Goggles + pitch black pajamas = Generic Steampunk Costume

Welding:
Titanium + Generic Steampunk Costume = Metal Steampunk Suit

Catalyze:
Metal Steampunk Suit = Aether-worthy Armor

Welding:
Aether-worthy Armor + Jetpack = Time-and-Space Altering Suit (Grants, flight, access to other special areas, etc.)
Sanjuro

Re: Costume & Candy Crafting Contest - Closes October 19th

Post by Sanjuro »

Created candy: cafeteria cauliflower + candy shell = candy cauliflower
Unlike candy corn, which is candy-coated corn*, this is candy-coated cauliflower. However, like candy corn, the sugar has destroyed the vegetable's nutritional value.
* I might be wrong about this. But at least I've never lied to you, right? Right?

Candycraft: bubble gum + Gingerette black = bubblegum pop
Hey, I just made this, and this is crazy, but here's some bubblegum pop. So drink it maybe?
Or, if you're as old as I am:
Shake this pop. I dare you: shake this pop!
Shake this pop. I dare you: shake...this p-op!
(can be used in combat, to cover your foe in saccharine stickiness?)

Costume couture: furry pill + polyester suit = gorilla costume
The only thing funnier than a person in a banana costume is that person being chased by someone in a gorilla costume.
(NOTE: Someone please submit a banana costume for this contest!)

Costume completion: (weld) yuggothium + lover's locket = Dream Crest of Unknown Kadath (to complete the 1920's flapper costume made of yuggothium)
This hauntingly beautiful, yet melancholy locket reminds you of wandering around strange and dangerous dreamscapes while seeking the abodes of long-forgotten gods.
Kinak wrote:Curse you its and it's! Curse yoooooooooou!
darkzumi

Re: Costume & Candy Crafting Contest - Closes October 31st

Post by darkzumi »

Created Candy: 4chan Cookie (Fortune Cookie + Quadrident)
The name being an obvious reference to that 4chan site. I only picked Quadrident because "quad" means four of something, also because there are no items with "4" or "four" in the name that I could find. For the item description you could maybe make a joke about the four prongs coming out from the cookie hurting you when you eat it, especially the prong with "/b" carved on it (a reference to the infamous /b section of 4chan).

Candycraft: Improvised Candy Explosive (Spider Skitters + Ivory Coast Ginger Beer)
This item is a reference to the old "cola + pop rocks" or "cola + mentos" trick that makes soda spray everywhere, and can even burst the container they're in if it's been sealed. Maybe a joke could be be made that it's only really effective if the enemy eats it first (the pop rocks exploding your gut urban myth reference!). :P

Costume Couture: Anna Conda Mask (Anna Conda's Fang + Serpent Skin)
"Now, you TOO can be assaulted by self-righteous do-gooders when walking down the streets of Twilight!"
Last edited by darkzumi on Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
acidcat

Post by acidcat »

Created candy - Dodonut - Verse of the dodo + seventh of nine (based on the shape) - a double donut
Costume Couture - John Steele skullcap - bionic skull + metal hockey mask
Costume Completion - Biffo socko gloves - biffo socko socks + ultrasport boxing gloves
Candycraft - Sticky notes - Heirloom gum + verse of the dodo
ZehduPikado

Post by ZehduPikado »

Created Candy - Snackers Stratosphere Flakes = Black Flakes + Snackers Candy Bar
"Whose idea was it to make cereal out of greenhouse gases? No one knows for sure, but surprisingly they are delicious enough to forget the ugly thruth."

Candycraft - Chocolate Robot (Companion) = Chocolate Chip + enerbun globule
"Who would've thought that chocolate is actually a very good electricity conductor, you can make all sort of things with it, just don't try patrolling on hot weather."

Costume Couture - Striped Banana Suit = Banana Pepper + dyed pajamas
"Are you thinking what I'm thinking B2? There are probably more confortable clothes to be sleeping in, let alone patrolling the streets."

Costume Completion - Thunder's cat boots = boogaloo boots + kitty-cat ears
"There's a saying from an ancient civilization that goes: "Float like a cat, sting like an electric eel.". It probably got lost in translation somewhere over the years but you can clearly see that Thunder was part of their culture.
The Leopard

Post by The Leopard »

Thanks for doing this, Kinak! I love these crafting contests, and I especially like the theme!

Created Candy : golden apple + candy shell = candy apple

Candycraft: Villantine's truffles + the bomb = candygram (Combat usable)
(The hard part was inventing the candygram)

Costume Couture : Creepy robe + sparkling powder = Fake Robe of 'Umr At-Tawil
(Always wanted one of these but could never find the proper materials? Now you can wear a cheap knock-off for Halloween. It probably won't win any cosplay contests, but it's enough to impress your friends.)

Costume Completion: chain links + chain links = rattling chains (Accessory: +sonic damage) (completes ghost costume)
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

Created Candy:
rainwater + IQ80 = homeopathic solution

You took the IQ lolipop and dissolved it in a portion of rainwater and then diluted that portion a few more times in the remaining rainwater. Insanity? Nay, homeopathy! "Like cures like", dilution increases potency, disease caused by miasms! You just applied the second principle and it worked! here's less sugar but with greater potency! Quackery? Nay, homeopathy!

<smallfont>Side effects may include dazing miasmas and Bookface likes</smallfont>

(the idea is that the efficiency of the resulting sugar has a better average time/sugar, and less sugar. To balance this I suggest X minutes of the dazed efffect per dose :P)

Candycraft:
chocolate chip + cavorite = Sweet derby hat

You took the chocolate chip into the hat route. The sugar in the chocolate synergized with the cavorite's gravity messing properties resulting in a unique piece of headwear. You know how a sports derby attracts all the fans? It's like that, but the fans are candy!

Weld message:You successfully welded metal to chocolate, congratulations! Pete Thornton is proud and drooling!

(+sugar item drops and the usual cavorite welds boosts)

Costume Couture:
camouflage dungarees + shadow orb = Zoma's robes

It is said that the greatness of a hero can be judged by the villain they face. By wearing this you are inspiring greatness in the heroes of your generation. That and attempting to enslave all life. Just be wary of knights carrying light orbs around.

(+pp regen and/or spell damage boost?)

Costume Completion:
pentium + dainty glasses = bewitching glasses (goes with alluring business suit)

These glasses, shining with a devilish violet tint, will cause a sudden fascination on all who lay eyes upon their wearer. Which is great to catch your foes off guard, just make sure you don't look into a mirror with them on and fall into a fascination loop.

(initiative boost? critical hit boost?)
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

Thanks for the entries everyone! I'll be going over them and announcing the winners on the podcast!

Cheers!
Kinak
Kinak
Site Admin

Re: Costume & Candy Crafting Contest - Closed October 31st, 2016

Post by Kinak »

The winners should have their prizes and the winning items are now available in game.

As always, some of them had a little tweak here or there. So if the exact recipe doesn't work, it's probably hiding out somewhere similar.

Cheers!
Kinak
Sanjuro

Re: Costume & Candy Crafting Contest - Closed October 31st, 2016

Post by Sanjuro »

Congratulations to the winners!
In case you missed the podcast, here are the winning entries.
acidcat - sticky notes
darkzumi - Anna Conda mask
The Leopard - candy apple, fake robe of 'Umr At-Tawil, rattling chains
Patojonas - sweet derby hat, Zoma's robes
ZehdoPikado - chocolate robot, Thunder's cat boots

Good job, everybody!

Oh, and some guy named Sanjuro won with candy cauliflower, bubblegum pop, and gorilla costume.

No banana costumes. :(
Kinak wrote:Curse you its and it's! Curse yoooooooooou!