We need moar aliens!

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

darkzumi

We need moar aliens!

Post by darkzumi »

This game has a suprising lack of aliens in it for a superheroes genre game. I mean comic book superheroes are lousy with aliens and all we have are the transformers parodies on the space station (they're aliens, only mechanical instead of biological). And NO, I don't consider all the Cthulhu parody monsters to be aliens, they're more of like cosmic entities. When I say aliens I mean flesh and blood living creatures from another planet. What do you guys think of having more aliens in the game? Can this be a thing, Kinak? :)
Kinak
Site Admin

Re: We need moar aliens!

Post by Kinak »

There's always the Last Nostronomian. But you're right that we're a little underrepresented, especially if we're ever going to have a Jade Torch Corps.

Cheers!
Kinak
penguinpyro

Post by penguinpyro »

I'm preeeetty sure the Yith and byhakee companions are legit aliens. Cthulhu verse has a lot of flesh and blood extraterrestrials in addition to the "mythical" kind of creatures.

Also, the Zion's Tears and Elco Hoist creatures... well, I'm not saying it was aliens... but it was aliens.
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

penguinpyro wrote:I'm preeeetty sure the Yith and byhakee companions are legit aliens. Cthulhu verse has a lot of flesh and blood extraterrestrials in addition to the "mythical" kind of creatures.
Even most of the mythical creatures are pretty explicit about being aliens. Sure, Cthulhu is a dark god beneath the waves, but he's basically just a huge space alien with a bunch lesser members of his species (the starspawn). And the mi-go are creatures from Pluto that steal people's brains... hard to get more traditionally "alien" than that :)

Separately from this conversation, I'd argue Lovecraft does a pretty good job of putting forth utterly inhuman aliens. But, to be fair, it's way easier to pull that off in a short story than a movie or even a novel.
penguinpyro wrote:Also, the Zion's Tears and Elco Hoist creatures... well, I'm not saying it was aliens... but it was aliens.
Extradimensional rather than extraterrestrial, but I'll give it to you.

I think the moral of the story is that we need more spaceship invasions of Twilight, though.

Cheers!
Kinak
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

Kinak wrote:I think the moral of the story is that we need more spaceship invasions of Twilight, though.
Just go in the desert showing off your trion :P