Suggestion Thread

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Staunch
Location: I'm going there, but I like it here, wherever here is.

Suggestion Thread

Postby Staunch » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:20 am

Since I am not sure where the best place would be to post suggestions, I went ahead and created a thread in the interest of making my opening statement as redundant as possible.

Software

Is there any chance we could get an update to the software page, where it displays the software similar to the way the sidekick page is laid out? I know most of them by name at this point (still unsure what the registry cleaner does though), but I got my wife to start playing recently (Funera Dyrge if anyone wants to send her prezzies), and had to explain to her what some of them did. Seems like the best way to see in depth what they do is to enable them (and disable them to see the others). Been helping here as best I can, but my post history should show in spite of how long ago I joined, I am far from an expert on the game.

Also, more software options, or a computer that runs four bits of software would not be amiss.

League

So while I was not playing (still not sure why I stopped for so long, this is one of the most entertaining games on the interwebs), I got invited to a league (PFE). Is there an easy way to see who the leader is (if not, can we add one)? I would like to shoot the leader a message, as I am not sure if they are active, and they have some neat jack in the vault. If they retired, I was thinking of attempting to contact them to see if they might be willing to let me loot it, and either hand me the reigns, or find a new one/start a new one.

New Items

So I missed out on the item design/crafting bits. Any chance of a new one? Those sound like fun! I have some ideas for new items, and some of them might actually be plausible, and some of those might even be humorous.

Hideout Upgrades

Might be fun to be able to upgrade your hideout (outside of adding extra software, sidekick abilities, resting options, other vehicles, etc.).

As examples, maybe you could upgrade the garage, so you could tinker/repair your transportations to give them slight bonuses (as stable possibly for the living transports). Maybe an upgrade to your rest area to reduce the time cost for resting there?

Sidekicks

I love the sidekicks. I would not hate to see an option like the picture frame to be able to give a permanent picture to your sidekick (silver stars probably - since I am trying to find a job and will not be out of work forever).

Maybe the college could be expanded where you can pay to upgrade their max level caps for their skills?

Restaurant

How about a place where you can buy food to eat for daily bonuses? It could be Taco Bell (they are open late, and if Demolition Man is an accurate view of the future it will be the only place to eat one day). You could always call it Enchilada Gong to make it fit more with the game.

it could even lead to a quest where the chef wants you to gather ingredients for a special dish that could give you a skill along the lines of sugar purifier for veggies or something like that? You could pay (or spend time "working" there) to gain access to their Robot Coup - instead of robocoup - to refine your veggies as a reward for the quest?

You could even re-purpose the pizza parlor after the quest.

These are probably enough for now, as this has already turned into a wall post. I'd love to see feedback from players and admins both (and feel free to use this thread to make your own suggestions as well - granted, this is not my forum so I am charge of Jack and something else, and I don't know Jack).

So um.. wity closing statement time... um... I like pizza?
Account Created: 2009-03-12 13:37:54 - Forum joined on Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:43 pm. Apparently, interwebs are hard!

Sanjuro

Re: Suggestion Thread

Postby Sanjuro » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:37 pm

Software
Have you looked at the Twilight Heroes wiki? There is a link to the wiki in the right-hand pane before you start chat. If you have already started chat, enter the chat command /exit
Caution - Spoilers!
As for the registry cleaner software, here is a hint... It was obtained at the Joke Day convention.
Spoiler: show
My computer! The software does nothing!
In the old system, each computer could only run one software each, and the registry cleaner made that computer (and only that computer) run faster. Its effect is somewhat outdated after the computer revamp.

Leagues
Try going to your league page and clicking on Waiting Room. If I recall correctly, Satan is the leader of PFE.
EDIT - Yep, I just checked. Satan is the leader of PFE. Zelandoni is also listed as a league leader, but I haven't seen him logged in for a long time. He might be inactive.

New Items
Keep watching the updates on the login page, and the forum. I enjoy the contests too! :D
Kinak wrote:Curse you its and it's! Curse yoooooooooou!

Kinak
Site Admin

Postby Kinak » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:29 am

Software
Added a ? that you can click to get your software descriptions. Granted, that's not an exact science (because it depends on several other variables), but you can at least see their basic effects.

I'm sure we'll eventually have a quad core computer, but it'll be a while. There needs to be a lot more software to make it interesting, otherwise you just end up taking the better half of the software with you.

League
I think Sanjuro has you covered for this one. There isn't any mechanic for staging a coup d'etat, but you can always form a new league (it requires a key to the city - [url=http://th.blandsauce.com/wiki/Key_to_the_city]wiki link/url]).

New Items
I try to hold contests periodically and love crafting with an unhealthy passion. So if folks are interested in another crafting contest, I'll probably end up starting one shortly.

Hideout Upgrades
Most tinkering falls under the gadgeteer class, rather than hideout upgrades. It's sort of their thing.

That said, there are items you can get that improve resting options, some of which are permanent. And a few old donation items that are hideout upgrades as well, although it might be getting close to time for another.

Sidekicks
I'd need to do a fair amount of coding to put in custom sidekick art, so it'd need to be something quite a few people would be willing to donate for.

I don't foresee upgrading sidekicks to raise their level caps, because the idea is for the lower-level ones to be better at those levels than the higher-level ones. So keeping the same scaling while lifting the caps would upset the applecart.

That said, I'd like to add a lot more unlockable sidekicks. It's just a question of time and energy.

Restaurant
I could see the pizza place being available for buffs after you beat John Steele.

Cheers!
Kinak

Olaf

Postby Olaf » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:21 pm

Kinak wrote:There isn't any mechanic for staging a coup d'etat
Somewhat related, we need better permissions in leagues. For one, the ability to set someone as a "leader" with most permissions, without fear of getting kicked or de-leadered from their own league. Maybe just a buying stuff/distributing stuff permission, which would cover most of it.
<==
Well, I've got a hat!

Kinak
Site Admin

Postby Kinak » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:39 am

Olaf wrote:
Somewhat related, we need better permissions in leagues. For one, the ability to set someone as a "leader" with most permissions, without fear of getting kicked or de-leadered from their own league. Maybe just a buying stuff/distributing stuff permission, which would cover most of it.
Done and done.

Leaders can now name Quartermasters who can, in turn, purchase items for the Vault and distribute items from the Vault.

Cheers!
Kinak

Staunch

Postby Staunch » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:10 pm

Kinak wrote:
Olaf wrote:
Done and done.

Leaders can now name Quartermasters who can, in turn, purchase items for the Vault and distribute items from the Vault.

Cheers!
Kinak

WOW That was quick!

Now I just need to figure out some cool suggestions like this one...

Seriously, this is not sour grapes, I really like how a valid suggestion was made, and you jumped on it!
Account Created: 2009-03-12 13:37:54 - Forum joined on Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:43 pm. Apparently, interwebs are hard!

Staunch

Postby Staunch » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:17 am

Text update: Doel.

Miss Message:

With a howl of rage it realizes that it forgot to set its VCR to record its favorite show, "From the Dark Dimension."

Wondering if this one should be updated to DVR? The previous is a bit dated (and probably the easiest update I have suggested).

Vote for the game daily.

darkzumi was nice enough to make a thread with the places we can vote for the game daily (free advertising). I still think moving those links to the Virtual Reality Gaming area (and sadly the forum does not get the most traffic these days) - Maybe an easy (and non-gamebreaking) reward could be reputation points? You could add a choice to it, where players could vote "troll" or "good" (and the appropriate text stating they do not have to downvote the game maybe (hack the console and be a troll?)? Could be a great way to get people voting?

Final (for now) Suggestion

I keep most of my updates vague (because I would rather play and not have total spoilers), but I am somewhat skilled with Photochop, so I would be happy to work on any images.

Sanjuro

Postby Sanjuro » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:21 am

Speaking of suggestions, does anyone else think the "Testimonials" from the game's login page could use an update?
Kinak wrote:Curse you its and it's! Curse yoooooooooou!

Kinak
Site Admin

Postby Kinak » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:48 am

Sanjuro wrote:Speaking of suggestions, does anyone else think the "Testimonials" from the game's login page could use an update?
Hmmmm, yeah, we could certainly do that.

Cheers!
Kinak

Return to “Gameplay & Discussion”