Frusion Zone щ(゚Д゚щ)

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Cristiona

Frusion Zone щ(゚Д゚щ)

Post by Cristiona »

When you have too much PP and the zone smacks you, it seems it doesn't actually take the PP away that it says it does.

Also, oh god... frusion.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Sanjuro

Re: Frusion Zone щ(゚Д゚щ)

Post by Sanjuro »

*twitch*
Kinak wrote:Curse you its and it's! Curse yoooooooooou!
xKiv

Post by xKiv »

Is it evil enough to *scale*?
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

Nah, they're as they were during the original event, weak.
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

Can anyone confirm is there is some kind of trick/mechanic to lure the ghost like there is for the plushies?

Also, pity the special frusion drops from the hound, hawk and cat still don't do anything....
Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro »

I have been finding the ghost about every 15-20 turns, while keeping my non-combat buffs going (to help with the frogs). Maybe fighting the tougher foes in the frusion non-combats helps find the ghost?

Anyway, frusion foes are much easier to beat as an Elemental (with some cross-class skills) than as a Naturalist (with no skills from other classes). What a difference retcon makes!
xKiv

Post by xKiv »

Sanjuro wrote:I have been finding the ghost about every 15-20 turns, while keeping my non-combat buffs going (to help with the frogs). Maybe fighting the tougher foes in the frusion non-combats helps find the ghost?

Anyway, frusion foes are much easier to beat as an Elemental (with some cross-class skills) than as a Naturalist (with no skills from other classes). What a difference retcon makes!
Are you using skills? Openings? Spending much PP? Leeching PP from the foes? Killing them fast or slow (number of rounds)? Getting crits/fumbles/foe fumbles?
Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro »

I was trying to get as many damage sources as possible. During combat, I have been relying on Throw Sparks, with strike-back damage from Fire Shield and Echidna Spines.

Since I have lots of IOTMs, Throw Sparks with Chlorine Lads Ladle deals lingering acid damage, and the Jug of Aquarius hits foes with ice damage when their missed attacks avoid triggering Fire Shield and Spines. Also, a Reformed Arsonist sidekick works really well when using combat items that deal elemental damage.

I have not been using openings.
Spending about 2 or 3 PP per battle
not leeching PP from foes, but regenerating about 40 PP after each fight
each fight takes about 3 or 4 turns
not getting many crits/fumbles/foe fumbles

Oh, and casting buffs after each fight to stay below 100 PP.
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

Every 15-20 combats, are you sure you counted well? I had believed I had figured it out and even had some math working on to keep track but it required some heavy use of free runaways to get them every 20-25 combats....

Also, if you syphon a shoggoth with the syphon gun prototype you get to deal damage of all types....