Suggestion: A New Shop

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Cristiona

Re: Suggestion: A New Shop

Post by Cristiona »

Part of the reason is that sugar and caffeine are not created equal. Sugar is intended to be a little extra bonus, while caffeine is the primary +time source. That's why even the best sugar tops out at only 10-12 minutes per dose, which is the level of the second worst caffeine in the game (only Brad Energy Drinks, a jioke item, are worse than 10 minutes per dose). That's also why the sugar limit is 6 while caffeine is 12.

I've considered sugar's comparative rarity before, but the only likely adjustment would be more kinds of sugar being made available, as opposed to an actual store. And I like to think we've done that. Not even considering League bosses, there's quite a bit of sugar to be had, especially if one strolls the streets of Teeter Street. That being said, I typically do naturally hyper runs, so I don't pay much attention to sugar dropped during the course of a normal run.

Even though a store is something that might be fun to write. Of course, if a store was to be put in, it probably wouldn't have very good sugar. Remember, the caffeine available from Jitterspout is really pretty crummy. Probably about on par with the red/blue/green gumballs from the Galleria.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Cristiona wrote:red/blue/green gumballs from the Galleria.
That right there is the reason we don't need a sugar store. Gumballs are about as good as the drops in the first few zones you can find sugar, anyway, and very cheap to buy.
Theo

Post by Theo »

But let me ask you this....

HOW CAN I BE A KID IN A CANDY STORE?!

This is why we need a sugar store, so I can be a kid in a candy store.

Completely logical argument that has absolutely nothing that can counter it. :<
xKiv

Post by xKiv »

Theo wrote:HOW CAN I BE A KID IN A CANDY STORE?!
10 GOTO Teeter street
20 make sure you have a chance of noncombat encounters
30 patrol until chocolate factory
40 goto 30
Theo

Post by Theo »

A factory isn't a store. Also, I demand my golden ticket for said factory so I can fight the boss of Wally Wocka.