Bit of a Personal Note

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Kinak
Site Admin

Bit of a Personal Note

Post by Kinak »

It's no great secret that I haven't had a lot of energy to work on Twilight Heroes recently. I'd love to say it's because I got an awesome new job or even was just distracted with Metroplexity.

Instead, I've been helping my wife and her mom care for her dad as he died. Really, it went perfectly, exactly as he would have wanted. But it's still pretty hard, even for me, because he was a really awesome guy.

Anyway, he passed away on Thursday. We're getting through it, but obviously design isn't my top priority at the moment.

That said, I can say for sure I'll be at GenCon August 16-19 (not with a table, just as another wandering geek) and also to Context in Columbus at the end of September as an exhibitor. I'm really happy with the work we've gotten done so far on Leagues, but I can't say exactly when everybody else will be able to see it.

Regards,
Kinak
zatade

Re: Bit of a Personal Note

Post by zatade »

Really sorry to hear about your father in law's death. It is a very tough time and I am glad you were there for your wife and her mother and father.
Kinak
Site Admin

Re: Bit of a Personal Note

Post by Kinak »

zatade wrote:Really sorry to hear about your father in law's death. It is a very tough time and I am glad you were there for your wife and her mother and father.
Thanks Zatade.
mara wrote:You and your family have my deepest sympathy. It sounds like you had time to spend with him before he went. I am glad that your priorities are in line and I hope you and your family can come to terms with this.
Yeah, he was able to see all his kids over the past few months and pass away surrounded by those he loved. It's really all any of us can hope for.
mara wrote:As for Twilight Heroes, I have enjoyed the recent additions and don't feel like updates have been noticeably slower than usual. Don't feel any pressure to spend time you don't have here based on us.

Regards,
Kinak