Make pulls carry over?

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Kurg

Make pulls carry over?

Post by Kurg »

Was talking about this in chat earlier. Apparently it doesn't happen. Could it be made to?
I think it would be friendler to people who skip a day in a run with pulls.
Accounts: Kurg is my main, then there's Zap/Zorzos/Kalios who are (mostly)unused multis.
Harry Dresden

Re: Make pulls carry over?

Post by Harry Dresden »

What's the point of having restrictions if you can get around them by just not using them for a few days and then starting off with 15 immediate pulls in a 5 Pulls run?
Kurg

Post by Kurg »

So it doesn't work like that because if it did, you could do long daycount, short turncount stunt runs? Is that really a issue worth the restriction?
Accounts: Kurg is my main, then there's Zap/Zorzos/Kalios who are (mostly)unused multis.
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

The only thing that immediately leaps to mind is that this would make pulling late game items easier, since you can stall until you need them. I'm not really sure that's a big deal or, honestly, even a bad thing to begin with.

This would be a little more challenging code-wise than it seems it should be at first glance. I'm working on something completely different at the moment, but if it's causing enough people headaches, I could take a break.
Harry Dresden wrote:What's the point of having restrictions if you can get around them by just not using them for a few days and then starting off with 15 immediate pulls in a 5 Pulls run?
I don't think this is too bad. As it stands, you could log in for a few minutes, do your pulls, and logout. This would just cut out that step.

Cheers!
Kinak
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

mara wrote:As an every-day player I could care less.
That's mostly my feeling, too. If you can't be bothered to log on for a minute or two to make a few pulls, even if you don't have time to play turns, then it should be your loss.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Harry Dresden wrote: That's mostly my feeling, too. If you can't be bothered to log on for a minute or two to make a few pulls, even if you don't have time to play turns, then it should be your loss.
I'm more sympathetic than that. There's "can't be bothered" and then "something came up after work" and also "spotty internet means I got three pages to load before rollover." I've suffered enough of the latter two at times to wish I could make up for a day that was ruined by forces beyond my control.
xKiv

Post by xKiv »

Of course, you would still be missing the turns from caffeine and sugar.
Mana Yachanichu

Post by Mana Yachanichu »

Unless you restricted those.

In fact, my last several retcons, I did 5 pulls/day and naturally hyper, and I didn't play a turn until Day 3. I just pulled 5 items each in days 1 and 2. This change wouldn't have been any more than a minor convenience, in case I forgot to log in on day 2.
Isladar

Post by Isladar »

For my part, when I miss a day, it is because I am traveling and have no way (or no reliable way) to connect to the internet.

If my pulls rolled over, that would be nice, but it is not something I've ever felt the need to ask for.

As for sugar and caffeine, after that one bad binge last year (or was it the year before?), I am a strict abstainer.

However, like KoL, I think that losing out on these sorts of daily events are the cost of doing business. As much as I think rolling them over would be nice, and that it would help me personally, I kind of like the game the way it is.

My two cents.
Hardware

Post by Hardware »

I've been going through a 5-pull run for the past three days, and haven't taken a single turn, either. I might today, since I should have all of my items/gear for the first couple of levels. Rollover pulls would be a convenience, yes, but I can usually find the time to come on for at least a few minutes. On day one, you actually have to be online to retcon, so it would be silly to not go ahead and make your five pulls. This would only apply to second, third or farther days.

On a side note, isn't sugar and caffeine a non-issue if you're not taking turns? The time will ultimately be lost because you can only rollover so many minutes before you max out. Unless you're specifically consuming items that give xp, stat increases or other bonuses, you don't need the minutes.
xKiv

Post by xKiv »

Hardware wrote:On a side note, isn't sugar and caffeine a non-issue if you're not taking turns? The time will ultimately be lost because you can only rollover so many minutes before you max out. Unless you're specifically consuming items that give xp, stat increases or other bonuses, you don't need the minutes.
They would be issue if their *capacity* rolled over too, and then, say, played on a frayday.