1) I'd like to see a skill or item that generates one free pvp match per day. If you can do one match that won't require time I think more people would be inclined to try out pvp mode.
2) a new system.
- I'd like to see this based more on your class. For example each class could get a bonus to a specific type of attack.
- New attacks. This might not be a big deal for some people, but rock/paper/scissors doesn't really feel like pvp to me. I'd like to see something more like: Weapon Attack/Spell Attack/Defensive Attack/Charge (or Focus) Attack. I'm not sure attacks need to be "which is stronger than the other" I'd prefer to just see the attack. Defensive type attacks would of course boost your defenses for a turn but make your attack less powerful, Charge would either be a reckless attack that worked the opposite of defensive or else be a charge up attack where you spend a turn building power to do a more powerful attack on the next round.
- Items. In this type of format, I'd like to see items being the key to customization.
- Everyone would have base stats that were the same (possibly slightly modified by class choice). Then with the purchase of items, stats would be adjusted with the bonuses the items give. Some would be stronger defense or attack, others might give more hp or other bonuses.
- Another item based idea would be items whose power degraded or improved based on the number of rounds you fought. Some would start out weak, but get more and more powerful the longer the fight lasted, others would start out more powerful, but become weaker as the fight progressed.
- The final item idea I had was elemental damage and resistance. We have this in the regular game, it only made sense to me to have it in PVP. It would be kinda neat to me if some of the items would give you an affinity with a certain element, giving you resist to it and damage from it, but making you weaker to a different type of element.
- PVP superpower. This last one kinda springs from an idea I had for the game previously that never really went anywhere. The idea is that you would be able to pick a superpower for your arena personality that would give you a bonus for your fights. Examples might be
- Speedster: one extra attack at some point during the fight.
- Regeneration: Percentage of HP healed at one point during the fight.
- Blaster: Bonus to spell damage.
- Brick: Bonus to defense.
- Brawler: Bonus to attack with weapons.
Feel free to tear it apart looking for flaws and ask questions and make suggestions. It's still basically just a loose concept I started tossing around in my head. I'd like to hear what others think about it, particularly if they can help me improve it.