January IOTM - AT/RI Digitizer

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Kurg

January IOTM - AT/RI Digitizer

Post by Kurg »

Thoughts?

I got this immediately, because, hey, hideout item that is useable in runs with pulls.

I must say I'm not 100% pleased with it, but it's still fairly nice.
Basically it's a kind of Recyclotron:

Here's my thoughts/what I've found out, costs are in ()(you get digits equal to autsell of items you put in).

velocipede toadstool(100): Gives 60 mins of a +init buff.
frog-scorpion fish(200):gives a fight which costs a turn. ~70 xp I think
recognizer bot(200): stuns for 3 turns, including the one you use it. Not bad.
two-bitter heart(300): resting tool. Not my kind of thing, I don't rest anyway.
digger's mask(300): 60 mins of Mad Masked(+20% resistance to fire, electric, and acid damage). I like!
body fuel tank(400): Regain 40 PP. 10 chips per PP isn't that good, though it's better than the Enlightment Center.
kablammo kabomb(400): Seems to do roughly 30% of remaining foe HP, doesn't stun. Costs half as much as TNT but is significantly inferior.
robot berserker(500): gives a temporary sidekick: Didn't try this out yet.
tanzanian cola(600): Size 4 level 5 caffeine, seems to give 60-69 minutes, and 60 mins of a +5% XP buff. Worse than Mr Ts/Oil Can coffee for turngen, maybe useful in some niche situations.
hollow seahorse duck(700): Another item that gives a fight, this one requires level 10.
warlord helmet(1000):level 9 helmet, power 50, +5% chips, +3 xp
combative 'tank' top(1000): level 9 shirt, power 50, +combat, 3% stun, +3 weapon damage
barrel full of monkeys(monkeys not included)(1000): level 9 pants, power 50, super jumping and +5% items
crumbling shield(100): level 9 offhand, power 33, +5 dodging and 5% damage absorption
command chopper(5000): Range 4 transport, flying and +10% spell damage. Doesn't take piloting skills as of now. Nice.
Accounts: Kurg is my main, then there's Zap/Zorzos/Kalios who are (mostly)unused multis.
Cristiona

Re: January IOTM - AT/RI Digitizer

Post by Cristiona »

Kurg wrote:kablammo kabomb(400): Seems to do roughly 30% of remaining foe HP, doesn't stun. Costs half as much as TNT but is significantly inferior.
As TNT is quite possibly the most overpowered and broken item in the game, this shouldn't be too surprising. Honestly, if you get initiative or can survive the first hit, enough TNT will let you kill any foe no matter how tough it is. Just look at the S7G shenanigans back before Retcon.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Kurg

Post by Kurg »

Cristiona wrote:TNT is quite possibly the most overpowered and broken item in the game, this shouldn't be too surprising. Honestly, if you get initiative or can survive the first hit, enough TNT will let you kill any foe no matter how tough it is. Just look at the S7G shenanigans back before Retcon.
Yes, you already mentioned this to me in chat - I do agree, and understand that you can't just nerf stuff from previous IoTMs but instead have to make future items weaker.

Sorry if I sounded too critical, by the way - some of the items are pretty nice - 3 round stuns, 20% resistance buff, +init, fights that might have bonus +XP or some other special mechanic...
And again, the chopper :D
Accounts: Kurg is my main, then there's Zap/Zorzos/Kalios who are (mostly)unused multis.
Kurg

Post by Kurg »

Resting with the heart gives less XP at lower levels.

Also, asking around...apparently the items you make in a restricted run DON'T cost pulls, rather you're limited in what you can create based on the current day of the run.

This makes some of the items I thought weren't so good in my OP quite useful in a run with limited pulls, as long as you have enough autosell junk to digitalize.
Sorry for underestimating this again :D
TeKRunneR

Post by TeKRunneR »

Kurg wrote:Also, asking around...apparently the items you make in a restricted run DON'T cost pulls, rather you're limited in what you can create based on the current day of the run.
This seems weird to me, if that's actually how it works. Why not have level-based restrictions instead?
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Helicopter was an oversight and has been fixed (sorry).

I think I had some bad math on the body fuel, and I need to check it out. It's likely going to end up improving a little, in the broad scale of things.
Kurg

Post by Kurg »

Turns out both the fish and the duck are...tameable! 8)
Naturalists FTW!
Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro »

As someone who grew up with an Atari 2600 in the house, I thank you for the new stuff.
:mrgreen:
Kinak wrote:Curse you its and it's! Curse yoooooooooou!
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Sanjuro wrote:As someone who grew up with an Atari 2600 in the house, I thank you for the new stuff.
:mrgreen:
Yeah, this one brought back memories. I've fired up the emulator and revisited a lot of old favorites. Thing about those games, though, you play them once or maybe twice and you've had your fill for another decade. The nostalgia is definitely better than the gameplay.
blackmatter615

Post by blackmatter615 »

sounds like i might actually rest with that heart since it gives XP... Sweet...
Satan

Post by Satan »

I noticed some items can't be digitized. Some are items that can be bought from a store, which is understandable. But others seem to be completely random. Even some 1 chip auto-sell items can be digitized, while some items with a bit more than that can't be. They aren't sold in stores, they're not found in quests, I don't really get it.

Examples:
badly bent knife
boomerang
double half large (I know, I know, but it'd nice :p)
flashlight
large knife
outraged political flyer
shattered protest sign
sling

Those are just the ones I know of from my limited item selection in pull restricted run. Aside from the double half large, which might not be allowed just because it's a high auto-sell item and a quest reward, I can't understand why the rest of those items are disallowed.
Leader of PFE league. If you wish to worship me, ask me about joining my secondary league Cult of Satan (the largest league in the game!).
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Like I said in chat, the Digitizer uses the same blacklist as the Recyclonizer, so any item with an autosell value under 10 isn't going to show up on the list.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
Satan

Post by Satan »

Ok. Well, I've already ranted about this in chat. So there's not much need to go into it now. And Ryme's probably not going to re-do the processing just so we can use items less than 10 auto-sell. :(
Leader of PFE league. If you wish to worship me, ask me about joining my secondary league Cult of Satan (the largest league in the game!).
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Satan wrote:I noticed some items can't be digitized. Some are items that can be bought from a store, which is understandable. But others seem to be completely random. Even some 1 chip auto-sell items can be digitized, while some items with a bit more than that can't be. They aren't sold in stores, they're not found in quests, I don't really get it.

Examples:
badly bent knife
boomerang
double half large (I know, I know, but it'd nice :p)
flashlight
large knife
outraged political flyer
shattered protest sign
sling

Those are just the ones I know of from my limited item selection in pull restricted run. Aside from the double half large, which might not be allowed just because it's a high auto-sell item and a quest reward, I can't understand why the rest of those items are disallowed.
The real error here was that in past months I've let items with autosell of < 10 not get flagged as "keep out of recyclonizer" so we do have an inconsistency. The two devices are going to have to share a flag, but I think the answer is adding protections to the recyclonizer and un-flagging the items above so they can be digitized.

I've blocked 0-value items from being able to be recyclonized, and I'll go back and remove the flag on the ones you point out above, so they can be digitized. Let me know if there are others. (And a reminder note to anyone who wants to suggest things, make sure they're not available in stores. And the double half large is intentionally left out.)
lazyfire

Post by lazyfire »

Digitizers cannot be accessed in no-pulls runs, have progressive access in runs with pulls, and have full access when there are no pull restrictions.
Any chance we could get the same unlock for the Recyclonizer? Maybe access 1 item per day?
lazyfire #303
The saddest songs were wrote in minor keys
Like Johnny Marr, I want my “Please Please Please” - Jason Martin
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

I think the plan is to see how this method works with the Digitizer before messing with the Recyclonizer.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Cristiona wrote:I think the plan is to see how this method works with the Digitizer before messing with the Recyclonizer.
100%. Waiting to verify the digitizer isn't too broken, but then we'd consider it for the Recyclonizer.
Lxndr

Post by Lxndr »

Looking forward to that!
I'm doing 3 more Maso runs... at 25 days apiece, it'll be March before I'm in a "regular" run. Hopefully by then I'll be able to play with both my Digitizer and my Improved Recyclonizer.
Alexander Cherry
Twisted Confessions
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

any plans on getting something like a hunk of scrap metal equivalent to the Digitizer?
Kurg

Post by Kurg »

Sorry to bring this up again but - is the body fuel tank going to stay at 40 PP per use?
That's the same PP per chips ratio as power sticks, which is well...not very good for something that comes from an IoTM. I think Ryme said there was a problem with the formula and he'd look into it?
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Kurg wrote:Sorry to bring this up again but - is the body fuel tank going to stay at 40 PP per use?
That's the same PP per chips ratio as power sticks, which is well...not very good for something that comes from an IoTM. I think Ryme said there was a problem with the formula and he'd look into it?
There was a problem with the formula, which was fixed very early in the month.
Lxndr

Post by Lxndr »

I haven't had a chance to check - have we instituted the 'digitizer unlock' for the 'zer yet?
Alexander Cherry
Twisted Confessions