The next Christmas gift?

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

What do you think the next Christmas gift from St. Rymolas should be?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:33 pm

Festive brick (When St. Rymolas thinks your not even worthy of a lump of coal.)
20%
First Christmas fruitcake (Mary and Joseph received this gift from the fourth wise man, shortly after they re gifted it and changed it to 3 wise men.)
7%
Pine cone underwear (Only a monkey named Lazlo would find these comfortable, but nothing says x-mas like a home made gift.)
17%
Super pink bunny suit (Only a true sadist would give you this gift, oh god it even has rabbit faced footies sewn on!)
23%
Same old lump of coal
7%
Nice options, but there is something else i want.
27%

Total votes: 30

Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Aren't you a little early? :shock:
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

The brick would be funny, but I think giving the same lump of coal again would be hilarious, especially for people who don't like Mischal :twisted:
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

Rabid wombats.
<==
Well, I've got a hat!
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

They deal more damage the more buffs you have?
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I vote that next Christmas everybody should give me a new custom item. Anyone who doesn't gets put on the list of naughty boys and girls.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

JazzTap wrote:After all, a pink bunny suit is more suited to Easter than Christmas.
Not necessarily...
Lxndr

Post by Lxndr »

Frankly, I don't think it "should" be anything. So I voted nothing. I've actually been pleased at the no-holiday content the game has had so far - we've had a few minor hiccups (Xmas, April Fool's) but otherwise things have been original. That said, I wouldn't mind the lumps of coal again.

(Similarly, I'm really hoping 30 Days of Twilight doesn't turn out to be Halloween-themed. I have more faith in Ryme's creative ability than that.)
Alexander Cherry
Twisted Confessions
malk-a-mite

Post by malk-a-mite »

I would like a big case of please don't light me on fire again the burns are just starting to heal.
==
insert clever .sig file here
==
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Lxndr wrote: (Similarly, I'm really hoping 30 Days of Twilight doesn't turn out to be Halloween-themed. I have more faith in Ryme's creative ability than that.)
Well, parts of Halloween will be Halloween themed. Because I like Halloween. And anniversary themed.

The rest of the 30 Days won't have so much a theme as just a much higher than normal incidence of additions, improvements, and the like.
Strlikecrazy

Post by Strlikecrazy »

Ryme wrote:
Lxndr wrote: (Similarly, I'm really hoping 30 Days of Twilight doesn't turn out to be Halloween-themed. I have more faith in Ryme's creative ability than that.)
Well, parts of Halloween will be Halloween themed. Because I like Halloween. And anniversary themed.

The rest of the 30 Days won't have so much a theme as just a much higher than normal incidence of additions, improvements, and the like.
Thanks cool to know. One of the main reasons i liked KoL was the random (no corraltion to real life) events.

Fortunately, Ryme has, like Lxndr said, the creativity to pull it off. I for one loved the baseball event.
Carygon Nijax

Post by Carygon Nijax »

I want the brick.. so next year I can try to knock out St Rymolas with it!! :D :lol:
Top 10 on the Total Post list
Lxndr

Post by Lxndr »

I'm hoping for the lump of coal more and more. I'd like to see it become a regular event, as opposed to Ryme having to come up with more and different Christmas things every year.
Alexander Cherry
Twisted Confessions
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Meh. I like new content. Maybe switch off? I don't know. New content is nice, but repeating content is also a good thing. :/
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Y'all were wrong!

Still, I'm glad to see we're continuing the "fuel" theme. And personally, I think having TH celebrate Hanukkah instead of Christmas is a fabulous idea. And amusing, too.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Just as a note, since I think I already made one person just a teensy bit nervous: this is primarily a generic holiday gift, same as in last year and years to come. The timing and the theme make it work with Hanukkah, but feel free to consider it early Christmas or late birthday or an "I'm a great person and Ryme thinks I deserve this just for being me" gift. I don't expect anyone to do anything specifically Hanukkah-themed unless they feel like it, in which case they're perfectly welcome to.

Also, unlike Hanukkah, I'm not really doing a full 8 days of events. Just felt like putting out today rather than in 4 days when nearly everyone would be expecting it.
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

So, I'd say it's about time for speculation on next year's.

Natural gas, anyone?
<==
Well, I've got a hat!
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

I'm still waiting for plutonium.
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

Cristiona wrote:Y'all were wrong!

Still, I'm glad to see we're continuing the "fuel" theme. And personally, I think having TH celebrate Hanukkah instead of Christmas is a fabulous idea. And amusing, too.
Maybe next year we can celebrate RamaHanaQuanzMas!
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

How about a mouse and a wheel? Or perhaps a dam in our stockings!