April's IoTM - Amazing Technicolor Dreampants

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

Not to mention the fact that they are very stylish. :mrgreen:
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

<==
Well, I've got a hat!
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Best part of the pants is the announcement...
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

Yes, whether we like it or not, we're all part of the community. Even Smoot...
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Smoot wrote:Also also, the crapass wiki here didn't help all that much as far providing information goes.
When a new item goes into a game, the smart player also checks the talk page on the wiki spoiler site. That way, the smart player can see the ongoing spading efforts.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
malk-a-mite

Post by malk-a-mite »

Smoot wrote:If the game ever becomes good, I'll be more than happy to try to help things along.
"If everyone else does the work I'll be sure to claim part of the credit down the line."

... oh, sorry. Must have a bad connection on my net hookup. I'll call the techs out in the morning to look at that.
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

linakrade wrote:Plain and simple, the reason these topics get hijacked is because most of the posts amount to "I really, really, really like [specific item here] and plan on using it always." Then Smoot posts his honest opinion and/or questionable troll, quickly followed by a derailing set of personal replies to him and not about the topic. I have no interest in what Smoot has to say about anything here but specific game mechanics and possible item usage ideas. I have even less interest in reading the same replies everytime he posts. Sorry, it had to be said...
We are aware of that. We're just putting up the sign.
linakrade wrote:As far as the pants are concerned, they are absolutely optimal RIGHT NOW. It's inevitable that the first big dustup will be the insuing donation shirt/armor that will go up against the xentrium breastplate for optimal usage. So far, the donation items (with the exception of the pouch) have outclassed pretty much all other equipment in both power and effects/enchantments. Taking a page from KoL when comparing raw defensive/offensive power vs. effects/enchantments, the latter almost always trumps the former.
I think Ryme has expressed that he will not make time reducing donation armor, but I may be wrong. It's just from my memory. So that is an immediate problem. I'm interested in the solution.
linakrade wrote:Continuing to design increasingly more powerful equipment that is so far ahead in raw power AND enchantments will possibly paint Ryme into a corner, requiring him to do at least one of two things I can forsee: 1)rebalance most , if not all, basic equipment or 2)keep adding more and more challenging foes. We currently have access to plenty of difficult foes of varying strengths/weaknesses and maybe that's sufficient for a while. As far as basic equipment is concerned, it's getting increasingly less interesting in deciding which items to wear since there aren't any real substitutes for the effects/enchantments the donation items give aside from the robo cap.
Actually, the pants are pretty balanced, in my perspective. They are of course the best there is right now, but they aren't major game breakers. The restoration scales only little by little. The big boost is in red, I guess. The other stuff hasn't been spaded, but I don't think it's making an eye-popping difference. The pants are eye popping, at least. :)

Interesting note you pointed out: Ryme will always try to put up items similar to donation items into basic equipment. The robo cap is supposed to be the whittled Virtual Reality helmet, etc. I agree that there needs to be a very huge range of basic equipment, but hell, that'll be fixed within time.

And uh, more challenging foes? Robots can get very hard quickly. We need more mid range stuff. Like, harder than the Industry stuff, but not scaling.

This is from an eyes of a transmogger/future ascender as well...the game is becoming very very power leveller oriented right now, on this current path. Next to donation items, there really isn't much for the low level stuff.
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

malk-a-mite wrote:
Smoot wrote:If the game ever becomes good, I'll be more than happy to try to help things along.
"If everyone else does the work I'll be sure to claim part of the credit down the line."

... oh, sorry. Must have a bad connection on my net hookup. I'll call the techs out in the morning to look at that.
LMAO!!!! Pwnd!
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

MagiNinjA wrote:Actually, the pants are pretty balanced, in my perspective. They are of course the best there is right now, but they aren't major game breakers.
Actually, actually, as the game expands, and we move into a retcon environment, the pants may easily be outclassed. A level 12-16 character, fighting level 12-16 foes will be served much better by Smarty Pants which have a higher power and a boost to dodging. I think the pants are quite nicely balanced, really.
The robo cap is supposed to be the whittled Virtual Reality helmet, etc. I agree that there needs to be a very huge range of basic equipment, but hell, that'll be fixed within time.
Roboto Shield duplicates most of the critical bonuses of the Aegis; Seventh of Nine has the same drops as the Pouch; Binoculars have almost the same item drop as the Cape (and everyone acknowledges the Cape as insane). Honestly, things are pretty even between donating and non-donating. Gloves and boots are the two biggest problem areas.
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

That IS what she said. >.>

And yeah. You're very right Cris.