Re: The Space Station content

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Thanks, Hamish. I felt unusually inspired while working on this stuff. Plus the spoofed topic was probably the greatest obsession of my childhood, so it's easy to go back and revisit some of it.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

There's definitely one TSoS joke in there, and there's plenty of other inspirations (the foe named after a child's game, etc.), sure. I'll take whatever seems good and blend until frothy.
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

I will also heartily endorse this content and/or event.
Great writing, even when I didn't get it all.
Also, an
Spoiler: show
. What more could a space viking want?
<==
Well, I've got a hat!
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

Like I said in chat, funniest stuff I've seen in the game. Very, very nice.

ur contnt. i luvz it.
neocamp22

Post by neocamp22 »

All I gotta say, is that I sincerely hopes this caps. And that you implement the equivalent to reagent potions. Soon.

That aside, this is some really in depth content. I have to go back and re-read what I skimmed over <.<
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

So guys, pretty good chipsink, don't you think? ;)

Awesome stuff Ryme. Love love love giant robot references to death. And the puns were no less awesome.
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

So, a new day and a new limit! The sky! Or well, I guess that would be the ends of the universe.

LULZ
Last edited by MagiNinjA on Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

MagiNinjA wrote:Anyways, I'm not sure that the current method of levelling was the best, Ryme. If this is one of several that will appear, that's fine, but right now, the best way to level up is to grind in one area?
It saddens me when people make assumptions about requirements mere minutes after new content has been released. I've had weeks to think about this -- give me credit for making it not as sucky as your initial reaction thinks it is. Please?
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Ryme wrote:It saddens me when people make assumptions about requirements mere minutes after new content has been released. I've had weeks to think about this -- give me credit for making it not as sucky as your initial reaction thinks it is. Please?
I'm probably wrong about my assumptions, and I didn't realize it til now. Sorry. It is a good limiter mechanic to prevent people from hitting the roof, certainly. I'm not sure why I was thinking otherwise. And well, that's all I know about it. So. Yeah. Bad me.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Yup. Best +chip off hand in the game, best +item off hand in the game, best healing in the game, most powerful equipment in the game, and the ability to level past 50. What utter trash.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Hm. Looking over the equipment store...

How about tweaking the Saw Gloves into using the gloves slot. Double the price if needs be. Also, we need some kind of boots from them too. I total robo outfit would be sweet.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

Smoot = Image
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

Corrupt Shadow wrote:Smoot = Image
Watch out, Smoot! The hand is going to eat you!

A point that I would like to actually make in complaint, is that, to me, this game now has an overabundance of robots. As much as I like robots, it just doesn't seem to fit the whole comic book origins of the game. Where's the Nazis and Communists? Or even just oddly-cosumed bad guys?
Further points on this line of thinking I realize should go elsewhere.

The new items I give a thumbs up to, though I'm not sure how much I'll actually use them. Having a high-end shield to compete with the Aegis was a good move.
Or even like Cristiona mentioned in chat, the suit makes you stop and think about switching out the Xentrium for it.

PS, just repeating a request by others, we need a link up in the top frame.
<==
Well, I've got a hat!
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Olaf wrote: PS, just repeating a request by others, we need a link up in the top frame.
I can't put any more links up there. They just won't fit on average monitors. As it is I already have some folks running into trouble because it wraps and pushes the third line of links out of the top frame. Considering there's eventually going to be up to 3-5 more sections like that, not including the space station and the links downtown, I'm not sure there's ever an elegant way to include that many locations.

Having the "Last Adventure" text link back to the parent zone would go a long way towards helping you out, I realize, and I'll look into that.
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

Ryme wrote:...Having the "Last Adventure" text link back to the parent zone would go a long way towards helping you out, I realize, and I'll look into that.
Yeah, that would help. Thanks, man!
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Ryme wrote:I can't put any more links up there.
Drop-down menus like KoL in compact mode?