The league of zeroes bring you a contest!

Off-topic posts about whatever, including off-the-wall posts about being on walls.

Moderator: Moderators

Olaf

Post by Olaf »

From what I see in the rules, if you have really good "Originality" and "Quality of entry", you would be able to beat out somebody with even the best humor out there.
Unless they're lying to us. Punks.
<==
Well, I've got a hat!
Leopluradon

The Best Freakin Story Ever

Post by Leopluradon »

Once upon a time there was a hero. He was like most of the other heroes in the city of Twilight except he didn't have a cape. He asked numerous times where he could aquire such an amazing item. Every time he asked he would get the same answer, "You had to donate money and get it a few months back." The hero had no clue what anyone meant. He had never heard of this money stuff. All he had were stupid chips. He went out in search for this so called "money". He looked everywhere from the nearby slums to the porcelain bay. He even went through the long process of building a jetpack just so that he could fly over the city of Twilight and see if he could spot any. In the end our hero never aquired a cape. He had to settle for a pouch of many lost things and a virtual reality helmet.
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

I'm sure we can work something out.
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

Long ago, in what would years later be called Earth, on the very spot that would one day be called "Twilight," there existed a mountain. And on the side of the mountain, an ancient tribe of people existed. These people, known as the Haboodorei, believed the mountain to be the center of the universe, and worshiped it like a god. So every full moon, they would, as any good ancient tribe of people does, sacrifice their strongest tribesman (or tribeswoman, of course) to the mountain. So 6 days before the full moon, the festivities would begin. All of the inhabitants of the village would gather together, playing games, feasting, and having a wonderful time. But the main event was the contests. All of the strongest would compete in a series of challenges that would determine the one who would have the honor of being sacrificed to their volcano god, the greatest honor of all. A man named Steve, a humble potter, joined the ceremony. He won 9 of the 10 challenges (he never was one for Parcheesi) with seemingly supernatural strength and agility. So it was decided, he would be the one thrown into the lava at the apex of the full moon. The night approached, and Steve couldn't be happier, as he knew that second his flesh touched that lava he would be transported to heaven, where he would enjoy himself for the rest of eternity. So, at midnight, Steve jumped into the volcano. Down he went, falling, falling falling. And then, nothing.

Then he opened his eyes. Everything was white. And he was ecstatic. He tried to jump to his feet from the fluffy bed that he assumed was made of clouds. But something was wrong. He couldn't. The second he attempted to move his entire body was devoured with pain. What was going on? There should be no pain in heaven... He screamed, as it hurt more than anything he had ever experienced. Then two.... creatures came in. Their bodies were all white, and where their mouths should be was some kind of white shield. Their fingers were smooth, and simply looking at them Steve could tell their touch would be cold as ice. And again, he blacked out. And there was nothing.

Steve had been in a hospital. In the year 2008. When he had fallen in that lava, something happened. It hardened around him, fossilizing his dormant body. Because there had always been something special about Steve. And now, empowered with the power of a volcano, there was nothing that could stop him.

Steve's first year in our modern earth was a reign of terror. The smell of sulfur was always in the air as he wreaked havoc, trying to understand what had happened. But one day he met a man. A man who, inexplicably, new everything about him. More than Steve himself did. And that, is when Steve turned to good. He began using his Elemental power to help instead of hurt. And one day, while fighting a villain known as The Bard, he died of a massive heart attack.
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

Ugh...
cromulentia

Post by cromulentia »

There are still a few more days for this contest to run, so if you still want to enter, get your stories in!
League of Zeroes: We Rule