Leaderboard designing. Of course it's subjective.

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

MagiNinjA

Leaderboard designing. Of course it's subjective.

Post by MagiNinjA »

Because I was bored, I was just thinking up some possible leaderboards that TH would have, based on current and not-too-far projected things. Whether Ryme will do this is his idea. Does he want competitiveness in this game?

League related boards (will be implemented when Ryme feels like it)
* Number of members (questionable)
* Average level
* or average unbuffed stats
* ...or average XP
* obviously more stuff pertaining to leagues when we find out how they work

Individual based boards
* Number of unique items in inventory
* Number of "dream jumps" aka ascensions (when that comes around)
* Level (not THAT hard to get on to right now, but in the future!)
* Total unbuffed stats (Not too worthy to earn right now but yeah.)
* various PvP boards depending on stuff.
* XP

I don't think number of chips is a good board, because of item investments. Ancestral boards are also really iffy to me as well because that's based on length. As is ascensions, but I think having only one board for ascensions is fine. Or something.

Also, thanks to some of my fellow PFE members for quite a few of these board ideas.

Now, if there are ties, I'm not sure what to do, but there will obviously have to be some kind of compromise. I don't like how KoL cuts off after X number of spots.
Cristiona

Re: Leaderboard designing. Of course it's subjective.

Post by Cristiona »

MagiNinjA wrote:* Total unbuffed stats (Not too worthy to earn right now but yeah.)
* XP
Woo!
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

I had you in mind with those stat and XP boards. >.>
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

I'm all for leaderboards of any sort.
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

I don't think merit badges based on leaderboards is a good idea.
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

My take is that it'd be unfair to newer players. Obviously there's a way to trade collections or something, but nonetheless, it seems unfair to me although the idea is good.
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Let's hope that if that's the case, then things won't depend TOO much on badges. That or don't count unobtainable badges.

The thing with the alpha badge is that it isn't an "achievment" per se, it's simply a join date. A collection badge is meh to me (I'm in the middle now, not a yes or a no), because it's achievable yet in the future new players will most likely not be able to get it because of older players taking up collection spots. Rather, they won't get it without connections maybe. So I'm stuck. It really depends on how Ryme wants to fashion merit badges.

In any case, for leaderboards, I totally forgot collections. I wonder. should I go ahead and just edit my first post to update the list constantly? It'd eventually make a good reference list for Ryme to use.
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

How about most turns spent swimming at the surface in the Bay? Zelandoni would like that one.
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

TheK3vin wrote:How about most turns spent swimming at the surface in the Bay? Zelandoni would like that one.
Unobtainable. :P
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

MagiNinjA wrote:The thing with the alpha badge is that it isn't an "achievment" per se, it's simply a join date.
At the risk of dragging out another KoL comparison, I see it as acceptable, as long as it isn't common, and doesn't matter (and I'm not just saying this because I have one). "This Stupid Trophy" and the two Yeti trophies (and all the limited time only ones) weren't a big deal until they suddenly mattered for PvP.

I see Talk About An Old Timer as Ryme's "thank you" to the alpha testers. In our own little way, we helped make the game ready for beta, and did so with no promise of anything; before there were donation items, it was a possibility that we wouldn't even keep our characters. Also, while this might not have been his intent, the badge sort of replaces having our original join dates shown.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

After seeing the ones that have been put in, I'd like to suggest a "Most Total Points from the VR Center".
<==
Well, I've got a hat!
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

How 'bout some random largest item collections? Or would that not work with a lack of any kind of display case? Speaking of which... Display case-esque things plz!
Satan

Post by Satan »

My idea was amount of effect, with effects that are gained from skills being ranked by the amount of PP needed to get that amount of effect, as some buffs/skills give different amounts of effect, and use different amounts of PP. Basically, the amount of effect divided by the single cast amount would give you number of casts. Then you multiply by the amount of PP for that skill, and you get the amount of PP that's caused that active effect.
neocamp22

Post by neocamp22 »

Still, due to the scaling xp gains at the pit, those who did not transmogrify would stay on top.
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

PvP Victories.

(necro +1)