Greasemonkey

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

sounos

Greasemonkey

Post by sounos »

Today I made two greasemonkey script and I thought maybe other people would find it useful too.

First I made this one to put a rest link on the top after somerset: http://xtraterrestrial.googlepages.com/restlink.user.js
My method of inserting the link doesn't seem very efficient but since that page only loads once I didn't think it was too bad.

Then I tried to do a slightly bigger project and make an experience bar, mainly because I wanted to see my levelling progress when I had the (click here to train) link showing: http://xtraterrestrial.googlepages.com/LevelBar.user.js
I tried to get it to be next to the XP: but I got a bit stuck :(
EDIT: Forgot to say it only goes up to level 31 because that's all the wiki had at Level_Mechanics

Anyway If anyone has any greasemonkey scripts they want to share or can tell me how to improve mine that would be great :)

Sorry sounos, but QFT. Seriously. Just. Yeah. Please see Cristiona's quote before reporting problems for either TH or GM scripts. [[>MN
Cristiona wrote:Just be sure that the scripts you install aren't malicious, and, for the love of God, remember what scripts you install. Every now and then someone posts a bug on the KoL forums and it turns out it's something their script is doing.
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

Ryme said he was going to create an exp. bar eventually, but it's nice to have this for now. For those of us who are smart enough to use greasemonkey.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Stationary buttons, perhaps?
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

And by the way, I am NOT one of those people smart enough to use Greasemonkey. Especially since, at least lately, I've used someone else's computer 99% of the time while playing. But I'll just assume it's quite satisfactory.
sounos

Post by sounos »

Cristiona wrote:Stationary buttons, perhaps?
I don't know if this is what you mean, but i quickly put this together pretty much butchered up version of d0om combat UI enhancer.

Here is a picture of what it looks like: http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee18 ... combat.jpg (that is attack, skill, item, run, patrol)

I really didn't know where to put it, I wanted it alongside the Combat! header but my HTML skills fail :(
http://xtraterrestrial.googlepages.com/ ... at.user.js
oh also clicking any button when the guy is dead makes it patrol again.

EDIT: Please give me tips to change it :)

EDIT2: :oops: after playing with this for a bit I have added for choice adventures buttons 1,2,3 that choose the respective option but I didn't really test this as I only got 2 choice adventures!
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Looks just like what I was looking for!
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
sounos

Post by sounos »

The choice adventure select thing didn't work at all >_< Here is a fixed version. Also apparently it wasn't showing the buttons on some fight pages and the only reason I could think of was that the page didn't have the 'Combat!' header so I changed the script to not use that as the indicator of where to place it. Please tell me if it still doesn't work! I uploaded the updates version in the same place:
http://xtraterrestrial.googlepages.com/ ... at.user.js
Looks like installing from there it makes two sets of buttons so you probably want to uninstall the old version first. (Right click greasemonkey icon, manage scripts, choose stationary combat buttons, click uninstall)
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Just be sure that the scripts you install aren't malicious, and, for the love of God, remember what scripts you install. Every now and then someone posts a bug on the KoL forums and it turns out it's something their script is doing.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Could you vague that up a little?
sounos

Post by sounos »

mad hamish wrote:Okay, Cristiona, I'll be more specific.
I got the impression he was taking to Rombo but anyway..

http://xtraterrestrial.googlepages.com/ ... t2.user.js

That moves the 1 2 3 P buttons along so they aren't on top of the other buttons. I wasn't sure if I should do this or get rid of the 1 2 3 buttons entirely so please tell me which you prefer :) Also might want to delete the other stationary buttons first.
sounos

Post by sounos »

Oh dear, that's what I get for procrastinating all night and then trying to do anything in the morning.
http://xtraterrestrial.googlepages.com/ ... t2.user.js
Try that one instead.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

sounos wrote:I got the impression she was taking to Rombo but anyway...
Yeah, I was.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

I has a request! And one that's probably complicated and/or challenging!

I want to be able to have custom outfits, like KoL does. For instance, I tell the script that I want to wear a certain five pieces for "farming", and a different set for "chip hunting", and a third for "the pit", and another for "casual" and so on.

Is this even possible? And if it is, how much of a pain in the ass will it be?
sounos

Post by sounos »

Cristiona wrote:Is this even possible? And if it is, how much of a pain in the ass will it be?
I'd guess its possible but I have little to no idea about how to store information with greasemonkey. Also procrastination levels are running high (see PFE ComicContest) so I don't want to say I will do something :P

Do or don't expect an update soon.

*resumes lurking*
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Hmm... yeah... forgot about the storage issue.
sounos

Post by sounos »

Cristiona wrote:Hmm... yeah... forgot about the storage issue.
It wouldn't say it's an issue: I know that it's possible to store information like that I just wouldn't know where to begin. I might have to go snooping in other people's scripts again :P
sounos

Post by sounos »

I finally got around to doing something on this:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee18 ... utfits.gif

Essentially when you equip an item it gets put into the 'Current Outfit:' box then when you have the gear you want in your outfit in that box you can name and save the outfit. (text box on the right is where you put the outfit name) Drop-down can then be used to select an outfit and change to it.

Its quite buggy swapping in accessories if your outfit includes an accessory that you already have equipped. Also I don't have much equipment on my character so I fear it may run very slowly for a person who has a lot of gear.

http://xtraterrestrial.googlepages.com/ ... ts.user.js

This is a very fun project so please tell me if there is any things you want added I'm hopefully going to be adding multiple character support and maybe try to make it able to read the gear you currently have equipped.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Ooo... I'll give this a try, but it looks very nice.

EDIT: Okay, I've played around with it.

1) The "Current Outfit" box doesn't flush itself properly. If you put on and outfit, and then change outfits, you'll have both in the Current box. Not major, but I just had to remember to clear it out. (Edit2: Seems refreshing the 'Wear Things' screen flushes the box)

2) Perhaps an 'unequip all' button? It would reduce error messages, and make it easier to load it with all your outfits.

3) Other than that, it seems to work very nicely. Thank you very much!
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

I'm enjoying my "Rest" link and stationary buttons immensely. How hard is it to learn to write these scripts? I've done some coding in the past and I'd honestly like to try some Greasemonkeying.
sounos

Post by sounos »

I haven't been around very much for January so I'm not sure if this is still relevant but I have finally got around to fixing the stuff you asked for.
http://xtraterrestrial.googlepages.com/ ... ts.user.js
TheK3vin wrote:I'm enjoying my "Rest" link and stationary buttons immensely. How hard is it to learn to write these scripts? I've done some coding in the past and I'd honestly like to try some Greasemonkeying.
How difficult to learn would depend on your knowledge of HTML and javascript. My understanding is pretty basic but I can usually get by with Google :P
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Works great; thanks!
sounos

Post by sounos »

mad hamish wrote:Can I get a link to the sickbay and radiation lab placed to the right of the menu on top?
I haven't got either of those places unlocked but I could if someone tells me what the URLS are.