Musings on the Auction House

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Preferably a check-box method like KoL uses as opposed to just a "delete all" button. I have a couple I'd like to keep.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

Hodag wrote:sellers market
I support this idea. The problem I see with it, though is you would almost need to have some sort of selector to choose what you want, and to have it work right, it would need to have every tradeable item listed, which could be a bit spoilery, especially with new content.

Also, I think buyer's market was the intended phrase.
<==
Well, I've got a hat!
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Post again when you can. I can tell you put a lot of thought into this, but there's an awful lot there, kinda jammed together, and a lot of sentence fragments, with things written as statements that I think are supposed to be suggestions, so I'm having trouble sorting everything out.

I can say fairly firmly:

1) 3 days is an option in the AH.

2) Anything that requires me to track historical data or create averages isn't something I'm inclined to do right now.

3) Given the choice between having items listed or autosold, it's much less resource intensive to autosell, so I don't see much reason to encourage auctions instead. Yeah, at the moment resources aren't an issue, and yeah, it's a chip sink to auction instead of autosell, but that could change pretty easily in the future.

4) I can't make money on float, because nobody's giving me interest on the chips that I'm holding from players.