Life gets interesting -- moving this summer!

Off-topic posts about whatever, including off-the-wall posts about being on walls.

Moderator: Moderators

Ryme
Site Admin

Life gets interesting -- moving this summer!

Post by Ryme »

Hoo-ee, this summer's gonna be interesting. My wife just accepted a job in beautiful Durango, Colorado, which is in the opposite corner of the state from where we currently live. We're not sure about any of the details yet, but the move is likely to happen around the end of June.

I'm not sure what that means for the game during the summer. Preparing for the move may take up a bunch of time, meaning that I'm not going to have much left over for fun things like lengthy evenings full of PHP programming. On the other hand, I don't have any work lined up yet and the market for web development and/or tech support looks tight out there, so I may have a few weeks or (*gulp*) months where I'm not working and thus end up devoting a lot of time to the game.

Either way, it looks like it will be an adventure. I do promise that at the worst I'll keep the game moving a little, if slowly, between now and July. All bets are off for the few days around the move, though, as having internet access may be difficult.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Devant wrote:About you finding a job, have you considered working via the net? For accomplished profesionals, especialy web designers, there are many oportunitites of that kind...:)
Ah, you make me laugh. Have I considered working via the net? Heh. Yeah, about 15% of my present income comes from freelance work. Mostly copy editing, but occasional web site development. And then *this* whole thing ... if Twilight Heroes isn't work via the web I don't know what is.

I guess I laugh because I already take every web-based job I can find, which hasn't been much. Of course, without a day job I could spend more time looking, but freelance work--especially at a distance--in my experience tends to be very erratic. Even though it's online, people tend to like to be able to talk to you face-to-face, or have you in their office, that sort of thing.

Or maybe I'm wrong, and I've just under-estimated the market. I'll definitely be looking more when the move comes closer.