Creative player ideas for in-game items, zones, etc.

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

This goes inline with my previous idea like on page 4 or something with having hobbies or specific jobs for minor but distinguishing bonuses/intrinsics.

The narrative behind the job is that it pays the bills exactly. So all your benefits of having a job right now are exactly nullfied by your bills. Matter and antimatter.
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Perhaps when you are training with the Mystic, only XP from pit monsters should go towards your level up XP. It doesn't make much sense to me that you can level up by fighting a bunch of weaker monsters. I understand that that's the point of requiring the Pit drops, but you can still buy the drops which kinda invalidates the point I think...Otherwise, I'm all for forcing a player to only train in the Pit to be able to advance with the Mystic.
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

I agree. There should be seperate type of xp or something.
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

Jesus wrote:The Police Band -- Heroes chatting while patrolling, listening for trouble
This quote is from another thread, but it gave me an idea.

Time-limited quests. You see something pop up in the channel about a crime occuring somewhere, and if you go there within the next 10 minutes or so, you can do it. Maybe do this 5 times a day or so.
I'm not sure if that's the best way to describe it, but I stole it sort of from some free Korean 3D game I used to play. Sometimes there would be an announcement in chat about a certain monster showing up at some coordinates in 5 minutes.
So you would rush there and beat it up for big xp gains and above average money and item drops.
The problem I see is making it easily accessible to those listening to the police scanner, while making it less likely (but not impossible) for those not listening to it to stumble across it.

The best I can think of right now is to make Downtown into a big mazelike area with cross-streets and such, which could be used in other quests.
<==
Well, I've got a hat!
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

That sort of thing sounds like it would work better for a game that isn't turn-based. MUDs do those sorts of things, because if you're on, you can do it. With TH, if you burned your turns before it happened, you'd feel a little gyped.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Yes, in game time would be brilliant. Now add in a short storyline for that villain and w00t, you've got another dynamic addition to ascension too.

I've been wondering...anyone have any ideas for combat? I think that's one department we've been lacking in...
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

You ideas are like beautiful mushrooms sprouting from my ...
anyways, I would agree that having it based on ingame time is better.
I like this last one in that it's almost a cross between ultrarares and semirares from kol because you don't know where you're supposed to be looking, but if you look there, you should find them.
<==
Well, I've got a hat!
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

Me147258369 wrote:but you have to sacrifice your talisman for it
Because your anti-self has an anti-talisman, and you need to counteract it.
And he attacks with acid, so you'll need some DUMS. :S
<==
Well, I've got a hat!
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

2.5 minutes is the current minimum :wink:

Personally, I would put it at a flat amount that doesn't change with level. I may be a totally awesome Gadgeteer, but stitching up a wound is still gonna take time, and my showers won't be any faster.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

What if you had gadgets that supported showering you? Or were you an Elementalist, rain/water? Or if you were a Naturalist, water anyways? And if you were a Psion. Hm. Create an illusion of showering!
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

kl055 wrote:your character is working a job right? shouldn't we see a bit of profit? as in 1000 chips or so every week? That would be cool
As Yubi says, it is assumed that your income goes to support your basic living expenses. Unless you want to start paying rent, utilities, food, transportation costs, and all the rest.

In any case, I don't care what the argument for realism is, there's no way accounts are going to be able to get free money just for existing. That's quite bad for the game. Besides, if you all get the same money, it will just cause the prices to inflate until and you'd only have the same purchasing power as before.

And finally, a thousand chips a week? From a dead-end, miserable, minimum wage job? Are you crazy? Assuming a chip is anything close to the American dollar, you'd be lucky to bring home 300/week. It's pretty irrelevant to the argument here, but it sounds like you may have some crazy expectations from the working world, and I'd rather get that disillusionment over with for you now. :)
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

garcia1001, in a private message wrote:I was thinking how about at the University, we could acquire skills by taking courses there? For example, we pay X amount of chips to enrol in a course. We would need to spend Y minutes for Z amount of days in class, so to speak. At the end of the course we would end up with an additional skill.

There could be useful skills like coffee-making or whatever. Also there could be chip sink skills.

Edit: Adding one of my own: Gadgeteers totally need the ability to weld their vehicles. Maor Road Warrior plz.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Ryme wrote:As Yubi says, it is assumed that your income goes to support your basic living expenses. Unless you want to start paying rent, utilities, food, transportation costs, and all the rest.
Personally, I think it would be neat to spend my adventuring income improving my mild-mannered life. Perhaps spending some of my vigilante income getting a nicer place.

Which could open up the ever exciting IRS Audit quest chain :D