Twilight Forums

Idle chat for wannabe heroes
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:39 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:56 pm 

Hey all,

Still here and having done 15 retcons I'm seeing my times drop down but they are still averaging 55 hours a time.

Looking for hints/tips to speed things up and shave off a few hours if possible without one time use items if possible.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:17 pm 

+items certainly helps, as does access to +noncombat gear. Running +FT or other forms of +XP will be a big help. If you're using caffeine or sugar, be sure to use the best stuff you have easy access to for your level. Also, sources of -time are always good.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:35 pm 

Best sources of sugar/caffeine? I wouldn't have thought they reduce retcon time as it just gives you more turns, which use time. Right?

I don't have that much non-combat gear, maybe that's where I'm going wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:19 pm 

Non-combat gear will certainly help, as will the Stealth skill. The easiest sources of non-combat would probably be the Rolled Dahl Doll, and Garcia's Traffic Avoider on your computer. During your run, you'll likely get a few pouches of squidopus ink, which can be used when needed, even if they're consumed.

Other consumables to keep an eye out for would be Smoke Bombs from the black market and Flash Powder from Hyde Park, which will give you free runaways.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:01 pm 

+FT and +XP items are probably the biggest thing I use to speed up runs, as well as always having +non-combat and +combat ready to go when needed.

The more skills you perm the easier the above will be. Stealth, Arua: Magnetism, and Sinus of the Shark will give you half the +combat/non-combat you need and increase chances of getting the quest adventures faster. Software for each is also available, making it even easier.

Experience and finding the little shortcuts through quests is another big speed increaser. If my runs go over 30h I'm usually cursing the RNG or just not trying, and I know there are things I could do to speed it up another couple of hours that I just don't bother with. To quote Lxndr, they're "too fiddly" for me.