November Podcast Questions

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Kinak
Site Admin

November Podcast Questions

Post by Kinak »

Hello! If you have questions and would like answers, I will have a podcast in which I answer them.

I'll also be announcing the winners of our wordsmithing contest.

Remember to make your questions clear (because I read them for the first time when I'm doing the podcast) and try not to answer each other's questions, because I'll get confused with the cross talk.

Previous podcasts can be found here.

Edit: The podcast is now posted.

Cheers!
Kinak
Sanjuro

Re: November Podcast Questions

Post by Sanjuro »

I'm a little disappointed that the wiki editors weren't able to collect all of the hit and miss messages from the Daylight Saver event earlier this year. (EDIT: Oops, I meant earlier last year.) Any chance of seeing these enemies again?

Also, what's the next big step for Twilight Heroes? What changes have you been working on?
Last edited by Sanjuro on Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kinak wrote:Curse you its and it's! Curse yoooooooooou!
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

1 - Regarding League villains:
- Can you tell us if the requirements for the onesie and the molecar have to do with things tracked by records(other than a minimum of 3 people are required) or do they depend on something else we might be doing?
- Are the piñata sugar drops dependent on some weird mechanic or just normal drop rates?

2 - How's the progress on the prestige store?

3 - How are things going on the advertising front? That Erf deal seems to have paid off so far judging by the number of new players in chat :wink:

4 - My podcast questions wouldn't be the same without a facial hair suggestion, so, have you thought about making Noshember into a 1 day event? The "grizzly invasion"! :lol:

5 - Sanjuro already asked about what have you been working on so....what's the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow? (european :mrgreen:)

6 - A couple questions from Trog:
- What's the status on the PvP revamp?
- When will be the next battle of the bands?

We talked a bit about the latter and though that maybe the reason the amount of 1 day events decreased in the last couple years might be due to them catching people in the middle of a run. Would it be possible in the future for there to be a foreshadowing message a couple days before it goes live? I dunno, something like "my spider sense is tingling" in the announcements? Or maybe in the R.E.T.C.O.N. Device?
Last edited by Patojonas on Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro »

Related to what erfMortuim said, I'm concerned about the avatars you get from Master Zyx. There's no way for new players to get the avatars, and I'll be a lonely dinosaur prowling around Twilight. :(
How about if, instead of getting the avatar directly after combat, you got a (tradable) item from Master Zyx that gave you the avatar when used? This would prevent new players from being locked out of an awesome piece of character customization.
Kinak wrote:Curse you its and it's! Curse yoooooooooou!
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

erfMortium wrote:I'm a little excitable, but I hope this podcast is up soon as I want to see who won the contest, lol.
Your wish is... the thing I just did.

You can listen now.

Cheers!
Kinak
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Hm. Vegetable garden.

Best to keep it away from the goats...
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

Cristiona wrote:Hm. Vegetable garden.
Delicious, delicious vegetables.
erfMortium wrote:I got a lucky hammer... :)
Congratulations!

Cheers!
Kinak
Satan

Post by Satan »

I was about to say why has HD dropped the ball on the transcript, but I seem to recall something about a vacation right around now. And that whole Thanksgiving thing. I lack the need to give thanks, so I will listen and prepare a transcript in his stead.
Leader of PFE league. If you wish to worship me, ask me about joining my secondary league Cult of Satan (the largest league in the game!).
zillow

Post by zillow »

You should do the previous one too :P http://forums.twilightheroes.com/viewto ... f=1&t=1361

It had some merit badge hints in there
Satan

Post by Satan »

I'll get to that one, then. I swear that one had a transcript. I was in the middle of the new one and then I had to go on errand, but I'm resuming the transcript now >.>
Leader of PFE league. If you wish to worship me, ask me about joining my secondary league Cult of Satan (the largest league in the game!).
Satan

Post by Satan »

Satan: If you doubt the integrity of my transcript, go listen to the podcast, lazy bums.

Sanjuro: Disappointed about Daylight Saver messages being missed, will we see them again?

Kinak: Would not be surprised to see Daylight Saver again. It's possible.

Sanjuro: What changes have you been working on?

Kinak: Forming a partnership with Erfworld, some situational things going on, but should move forward eventually. So far the advertising looks like it is being and will continue to be helpful. Hopefully future advertising will be just as helpful. Banners, yay. Gameplay-wise, working on Mad Scientist quest, some league stuff (need art, item bonuses, writing, etc), wanted to have more done this month but was too hopped up on drugs (yay). Long term, vision for PvP revamp, requires work on something else first (heroism?), hard to go back and implement, will take alot of work. Go fish quest is also being looked at. Could be a bit before Mad Scientist, hopefully before end of the year though.

erfmortium: Merit badges and IotM's, why don't new players have the opportunity for unavailable ones?

Kinak: Merit badges don't really have an effect on the game, so there's not much issue there. But IotM's, the general idea of the IotM is reimplemented every so often so that others can have a chance at it. Most items that are 'special' aren't optimal, or are so rare that it can't be optimal because they're limited, so it doesn't throw off balance. But if anything becomes very unbalanced, it can be addressed later. Might not be adverse to limited reissues for those items that didn't get dispersed widely for a variety of issues, but probably shouldn't need to be done. GATTA KETCHUM ALL? Sorry.

(transcriptor's commentary: Exact duplicates of items will not break the promise you/Ryme made to us, if they're unique items with the same bonus; Just give us some new flavor. Unrelated, I did catch them all. I have a certificate and everything.)

Patojonas: onesie and molecar, can haz requirements?

Kinak: The answer is in front of you, but you are too blind to see it. Also, sometimes you always get them, and sometimes you sometimes get them.

Patojonas: Are the mechapinata sugar drops normal drops, are is there a mechanic behind it?

Kinak: There is a mechanic.

Patojonas: Progess on the prestige store:

Kinak: Minimal.

Patojonas: Advertising front going well?

Kinak: Yus.

Patojonas: No shave November tribute?

Kinak: The dude abides. It could happen.

Patojonas: Air speed velocity of an unladen (European) swallow?

Kinak: OVER 9000!!!!!!!! or, like, 12 knots.

Trog: Status of PvP revamp?

Kinak: Um. Requires a huge amount of thing, but I know what I want to do.

INTERLUDE OF KITTENS WHINING

Trog: When will the next battle of the bands be?

Kinak: It has been awhile, maybe we'll see them soon, perhaps for the winter.

Trog: These events have been decreasing, will there be a warning about them in the future?

Kinak: They've been decreasing because I'm not a huge fan of them, I get yelled at because someone missed it for whatever reason, (awkward pause), need to go one way or the other on this issue, I'll probably flood you with one day events and let the complaints be washed away by the blood of the innocent. But I don't mind putting out a warning.

Sanjuro: What about unobtainable avatars, like from October's IotM?

Kinak: <Insert insult to both Avatar: The Last Airbender live action movie and Avatar: Pocahontas Retold>. No, they won't be made available again, because I'll be yelled at either way. Also, "unbelievably loathe" to change items of the month after they've been launched, especially if it's after they've left the store.

(transcriptor's commentary: People don't care about limited-time avatars. In fact, the less avenues for unobtainables, the better. People can understand an obtainable badge or item, eventually, but what use is there in making avatars unobtainable? Custom avatars already present a uniqueness in that field, there's no reason for them to be limited. Had I been less busy the past 2 months, I would've already made the suggestion that these be tradable. Changing the bonuses of an item is one thing, changing the features of an item to be more accessible is another. Making these avatars tradable would offer a small economic incentive to anyone who bought it, and anyone who didn't buy it clearly wasn't interested and can't complain about such a minor alteration... No one really buys with the intent to profit later anymore anyways, not for quite some time. We buy to support the game. There would only be positive feedback to this change, as they could now atleast get the avatars, and I don't think there would've been negative feedback if it had been imagined this way in the beginning. You can't let players dissuade you from improving the quality of the game. If anyone is seriously interested in getting one of those avatars, I would suggest at the least that they be allowed a custom version of it if they purchased a custom avatar.)

SEGUE

The winners of the writing contest (in order of submission):

Isladar
Sailorbowser
Acidcat
Patojonas (special)
Jesus
Erfmortium
Sanjuro (special)
The Leopard (special)

(transcriptor's commentary: You know, the lack of a joke could be a joke in itself, but perhaps my entry was too artsy.)

Kinak grows vegetables at your command? Ask him to do small things.