Twilight Forums

Idle chat for wannabe heroes
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:16 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Boston Stranglers Event
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:59 pm 

I have a question about this. Why does the Frank's Ballpark only show up for one day during the event that it's up for? It seems that if you don't get all 27 outs in one day, you are locked out of the event until the next time, when a different prize is available. Quite frankly, I think that stinks.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:16 pm 

Not to be pedantic, but it shows up for 1 day because it is a 1 day event, as many are.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:17 am 

It's also one of the few one day events that you can predict so that you don't miss it, since it's on opening day and the first day of the World Series.

Coincidentally, it's also the only reason I even care about baseball.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:06 am 
Site Admin

Sorry you weren't able to get the ring. It's not a gamebreaking talisman by any means, but I'd like to think I made it rather pretty.

From a design perspective, while "because we've always done things that way" isn't a very good answer, consistency is important. And the baseball events are nothing if not consistent.

As a rule, I consider items whose values are assigned based on their difficulty (trophies, memorabilia, etc.) rather than their in-game advantages to be the best place for making things difficult or arbitrary. Because, well, the harder it is to come by, the more valuable it becomes. It scales perfectly.

Which is a head-in-the-clouds way of saying that I think the baseball events are at a good place. If I screwed up at some point and made a peerless talisman or offhand, I'd have to introduce an equivalent non-event item, but collectibility is as collectibility does.

Cheers!
Kinak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:14 pm 

I figure you just log in and smash things in the face, same as you would any other day. This day just has extra things to smash. I've never used the rewards, they just rot in my inventory.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:59 am 

Having been fairly busy the past month and not knowing anything about baseball, I didn't realize this event was coming up and missed it... My item collection is ruined >.>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:17 am 

There is the Facebook and (I presume, since I don't use it) Twitter feed, for those who can't check the homepage every day for update messages. That's 3 very quick and very easy ways to get notified when an event or any new content is going on.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:42 am 

Satan wrote:
Having been fairly busy the past month and not knowing anything about baseball, I didn't realize this event was coming up and missed it... My item collection is ruined >.>

Not much is wore than a whining Lawyer

(for those that do not know Satan just means Adversary or Accuser ie a lawyer against someone in paleo hebrew)

I don't need 19 rings, so check your inbox

Grr Argh Well it looks like it is not tradable, so unless someone reflags it you are OoL. Sorry, I tried (and have been told I am very trying)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:36 pm 

Harry Dresden wrote:
There is the Facebook and (I presume, since I don't use it) Twitter feed, for those who can't check the homepage every day for update messages. That's 3 very quick and very easy ways to get notified when an event or any new content is going on.

I don't use Twitter. And I've been so busy I haven't even checked facebook, much less the main page. Thanks for trying, RKB. Maybe I'll bribe Kinak >.>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:52 am 

I hear bribes of first-born children work the best.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:40 am 

Theo wrote:

Unless you are suggesting Satan offer babysitting services, I suspect Kinak already has a sufficiently large short person population presently, and according to public knowledge he has the capability of correcting any shortfalls in said population.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:16 pm 

Theo wrote:

What do first-born children accept as bribes, and what can they do for me?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:31 pm 

xKiv wrote:
Theo wrote:

What do first-born children accept as bribes, and what can they do for me?

Nappy changes and fully serviceable -redacted-.

They an make you realize that there are colours, you would have sworn unnatural, do exist in 'nature' and truely allow you to appreciate a full nights sleep.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:00 pm 
Site Admin

RKBrumbelow wrote:
Unless you are suggesting Satan offer babysitting services, I suspect Kinak already has a sufficiently large short person population presently, and according to public knowledge he has the capability of correcting any shortfalls in said population.
Actually, unless we're talking about adorable kittehs, we have zero short people. That said, I'm pretty sure we could figure something out if we wanted one for some reason :)

Cheers!
Kinak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:20 pm 

Kinak wrote:
RKBrumbelow wrote:
Actually, unless we're talking about adorable kittehs, we have zero short people. That said, I'm pretty sure we could figure something out if we wanted one for some reason :)

Cheers!
Kinak

0 Can be sufficiently large Most people I know with 2 yr olds think that even 0 is too high a number.

And as all people owned by Cats know ...Fnord...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:19 pm 
Site Admin

RKBrumbelow wrote:
0 Can be sufficiently large Most people I know with 2 yr olds think that even 0 is too high a number.
Yup, 0's quite enough for Team Lyz.

RKBrumbelow wrote:
And as all people owned by Cats know ...Fnord...
Indeed.

Cheers!
Kinak