Boston Stranglers Event

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Harry Dresden

Re: Boston Stranglers Event

Post by Harry Dresden »

It's also one of the few one day events that you can predict so that you don't miss it, since it's on opening day and the first day of the World Series.

Coincidentally, it's also the only reason I even care about baseball.
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

Sorry you weren't able to get the ring. It's not a gamebreaking talisman by any means, but I'd like to think I made it rather pretty.

From a design perspective, while "because we've always done things that way" isn't a very good answer, consistency is important. And the baseball events are nothing if not consistent.

As a rule, I consider items whose values are assigned based on their difficulty (trophies, memorabilia, etc.) rather than their in-game advantages to be the best place for making things difficult or arbitrary. Because, well, the harder it is to come by, the more valuable it becomes. It scales perfectly.

Which is a head-in-the-clouds way of saying that I think the baseball events are at a good place. If I screwed up at some point and made a peerless talisman or offhand, I'd have to introduce an equivalent non-event item, but collectibility is as collectibility does.

Cheers!
Kinak
Theo

Post by Theo »

I figure you just log in and smash things in the face, same as you would any other day. This day just has extra things to smash. I've never used the rewards, they just rot in my inventory.
Satan

Post by Satan »

Having been fairly busy the past month and not knowing anything about baseball, I didn't realize this event was coming up and missed it... My item collection is ruined >.>
Leader of PFE league. If you wish to worship me, ask me about joining my secondary league Cult of Satan (the largest league in the game!).
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

There is the Facebook and (I presume, since I don't use it) Twitter feed, for those who can't check the homepage every day for update messages. That's 3 very quick and very easy ways to get notified when an event or any new content is going on.
Satan

Post by Satan »

Harry Dresden wrote:There is the Facebook and (I presume, since I don't use it) Twitter feed, for those who can't check the homepage every day for update messages. That's 3 very quick and very easy ways to get notified when an event or any new content is going on.
I don't use Twitter. And I've been so busy I haven't even checked facebook, much less the main page. Thanks for trying, RKB. Maybe I'll bribe Kinak >.>
Leader of PFE league. If you wish to worship me, ask me about joining my secondary league Cult of Satan (the largest league in the game!).
Theo

Post by Theo »

I hear bribes of first-born children work the best.
xKiv

Post by xKiv »

Theo wrote:I hear bribes of first-born children work the best.
What do first-born children accept as bribes, and what can they do for me?
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

RKBrumbelow wrote:Unless you are suggesting Satan offer babysitting services, I suspect Kinak already has a sufficiently large short person population presently, and according to public knowledge he has the capability of correcting any shortfalls in said population.
Actually, unless we're talking about adorable kittehs, we have zero short people. That said, I'm pretty sure we could figure something out if we wanted one for some reason :)

Cheers!
Kinak
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

RKBrumbelow wrote:0 Can be sufficiently large Most people I know with 2 yr olds think that even 0 is too high a number.
Yup, 0's quite enough for Team Lyz.
RKBrumbelow wrote:And as all people owned by Cats know ...Fnord...
Indeed.

Cheers!
Kinak